Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
Hello Bigger Pockets Members. Everyone in BP seems to be pretty young. I am coming in at 72 and want to build enough income to be able to quit my job and work a real estate business full time. I have been in residential remodeling my whole life beginning as a carpenter, worked up to superintendent and have had my own GC business twice. I am very experienced with hands on skills as well as estimating and project management. I live in the Seattle area and am looking to purchase distressed duplex, triplex or fourplex to rehab and hold as rentals. I did flip one house a few years back but the big mistake was not doing it again, and again .....
Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
6y
@Thomas L Hall - @John Barrett is correct that a lot of us Seattle area investors are searching for good and fairly priced GC's, Laborers, and Subs! Definitely feel free to message me if you have time between your own projects to come work on ours :D.
If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.
Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
6y
Thank you Dmitriy for you suggestions. I have already done some of you recommendations and I listen to podcasts daily. I will find out how to set up the keyword alerts you suggest.
Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2015 · 458 posts · 386 votes
6y
@Thomas L Hall age is just a number. While it may describe you, it does not define you.
There are a lot of investors here looking for contractors with your level of experience. I would suggest that you start attending local meetups and reaching out to other investors in the areas you are interested in and look to partner up with them. This could be a relatively low risk way to get back into rentals utilizing the skills and expertise you have built up over your career, while potentially allowing you to avoid any of the aspects of real estate investing you are not interested in.
Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
6y
@Thomas L Hall - @John Barrett is correct that a lot of us Seattle area investors are searching for good and fairly priced GC's, Laborers, and Subs! Definitely feel free to message me if you have time between your own projects to come work on ours :D.