New to BP app looking for a mentor in Reno area

New to BP app looking for a mentor in Reno area

Contractor · Reno, NV · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi I'm new to the BP app, I've been listening to the podcasts and studying real estate for almost 1 year and want to take the next step.

I'm still young and I'm looking for a mentor in the Reno area, my biggest interests right now are in house hacking for my first purchase and building a portfolio of rental properties later on.

I've worked construction the past few years and I'm really leaning towards DIYing renovations as I take real enjoyment out of the reno process.

I would really enjoy working with someone who does there own renovations so I can learn on hand. Please contact me if interested.

1Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    6y

    Go to the top of your screen and search under NETWORK. You can find members in Reno, meetups, and more.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Keiffer Putman

    Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Craig CurelopBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Post Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Keiffer Putman!

    Great to have you here in BP site! Keep learning Real Estate education by browsing, reading, listening, building your network and BP profile too (which is a priority while you are here). Connect with other members esp in your target area, Reno, NV to learn from their success stories and experiences and possible mentorship. I am sharing to you some of my initial recommendations:

            1. Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

            2. Attend the FREE WEBINARS

            3. Attend a Meetup in Your Area

            4. Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

            5. Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions!

    Good luck in your next steps and future investments! Keep safe/healthy, and see you around the site!

    Best regards,

  • Bill SchrimpfBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Reno, NV · Member since 2014 · 349 posts · 189 votes
    6y

    @Keiffer Putman - This is normally where I suggest we grab a cup of coffee, but, maybe just a phone call these days!

    I'm a small time investor and Realtor in Reno.  House hacking / live in flip is quite do-able in this market, particuliarly if you can swing a hammer!  

    Do you have a GC license?

    I look forward to hearing from you

    ERA Realty Central - Bill Schrimpf58 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.