Greenville, SC Jacksonville, FL and Charlseton, SC

Greenville, SC Jacksonville, FL and Charlseton, SC

New to Real Estate · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello! I am new to BP and new to real estate investing. I currently split my time between Southern California and Northern Michigan, but I am interested in investing in one of three markets (I don't currently live in any of them). Greenville. SC, Charleston, SC and/or Jacksonville. I am going to take a trip in early Oct. to explore all 3 areas with investing in mind but I would love some input from people who either live in any of these areas or that have current properties there. 

What are the best neighborhood to buy single family rentals and what are the up and coming neighborhoods for these cities? 

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
6y

@Kelly Halloran Best thing to do in Jacksonville is look at the sales and data from the local MLS. I have the link right here. Best of luck to you in Jacksonville, FL. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Kelly Halloran Hi, Kelly, Greenville is a great market it’s a growing market that offers a mix A- D investing opportunities. The single family housing out here is a great market, as the average prices are well on the rise in many areas.

  • Dylan VargasPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Chico, CA · Member since 2016 · 625 posts · 336 votes
    6y

    @Kelly Halloran Welcome! What part of Northern Michigan? I have spent many years up there. I have wondered about the areas you are traveling to and look forward to an update after your visit. 

  • Quality Technician in a CNC Machine Shop · Rapid City, MI · Member since 2015 · 159 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    Hi Kelly,

    I live in Northern Michigan.  I live not too far from Traverse City (east side)  and Leelanau County (on west side of TC).  Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

    Melody

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Kelly Halloran

    Welcome to the BP community! Great that you joined the site!

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Wishing you the best!

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
    6y

    @Kelly Halloran Best thing to do in Jacksonville is look at the sales and data from the local MLS. I have the link right here. Best of luck to you in Jacksonville, FL. 

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Great! Thank you everyone for the input. I am going on my "Search trip" Oct 3rd. 

    @Melody Everett-Neddo - I am currently in Onekama but used to live in TC. Such a beautiful place!

    @Dylan Vargas I am in Onekama right now, but live in California. I wil0l keep you posted on my visit. 

    @Kalib Williams Thanks! Greenville is actually my first pick amongst the 3 but really need to spend more time in all 3 locations before I really know. If you have any other advice about the area let me know!

    @Jack Bobeck Thanks for the link!

  • Rental Property Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Kelly Halloran Charleston local here. Can you offer any additional details on what you are looking for? BRRRR or clips? Multi family or single family? Might be able to offer some direction.

  • Architect · Charleston, SC · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Kelly Halloran

    Charleston is a very diverse investment area. Neighborhoods can definitely vary greatly. I’d reach out to @Troy Gandee. He’s a great agent in town, specifically focuses on investor clients, and will be able to give you some great insight.

  • Troy GandeeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 794 posts · 454 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Patrick Orefice! Feel free to reach to me if you're interested in investing in Charleston, @Kelly Halloran. We also have a monthly meetup if you happen to be in town for that. It's REI Central and meets first Thursday of each month.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.