Newbie from NJ, Interested in NJ & Philly markets

Newbie from NJ, Interested in NJ & Philly markets

Wholesaler · NJ · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone! I'm new to BiggerPockets. I've been coming to this website for quite sometime, receiving lots of valuable information. So I asked myself, why not just sign up!? So here I am.

Now a little bit about myself. I live in NJ and I am focused on real estate wholesaling in the NJ and Philadelphia area. I've recently started to get serious about it and formed an LLC with my partner. Hoping to learn more about the business of real estate investing and build solid relationships with like-minded people. One of my long term goals is to transition out of wholesaling and focus more on rehabbing and buying and holding.

My background is in public relations! If there are any other public relations and marketing professionals who are involved in real estate investing, I'd love to connect and hear your stories!?

I look forward to connecting with everyone on BiggerPockets.

0Reply
19 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Hello Monique, welcome to BP...great place to be for newbies.

  • Wholesaler · NJ · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks, Susan! It certainly is!

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 150 posts · 59 votes
    13y

    Welcome Monique Reuben! Glad to have ya. We have the same business model. Wholesale for capital build, up then flip, then buy and hold for cash flow. I'm there with of buddy. I doing just that in South Philadelphia. If you have any questions about wholesaling just ask, I'll do what I can to answer.

    I still haven't set up an LLC yet, maybe you could help me out with that and we'll call it even. Thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Alameda, CA · Member since 2012 · 39 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Welcome Monique! I'm operating in the Jersey City/Newark area myself. Happy to review any wholesale leads you have. PM me to connect.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Monique Reuben thanks for introducing yourself, and for signing up finally! Be sure to let us know how we can help you out!

    And definitely be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts for some of the topics you are knowledgeable about, or other topics that interest you (like wholesale, New Jersey, Rehab, etc ) so you'll be notified that those words were mentioned in the forums and can jump into those conversations! It's also an awesome way to meet new people from your area when they introduce themselves to this forum! As a wholesaler, this tool is AWESOME to meet folks and grow your business!

  • Investor · Hampton Roads Va · Member since 2013 · 123 posts · 17 votes
    13y

    Welcome Monique Reuben. This is an excellent forum with a lot of great people that are willing to share their knowledge. What part of NJ you're looking into?

    Shea Stringert I'm a Newark Nj Native. What part of Newark and type are you investing in? PM me if you would like to discuss potential properties in Newark.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome Monique. I wholesale, rehab and buy and hold in NJ so let me know if you come across anything in the Newark area. It sounds like you may be more active in the South Jersey area, correct?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Or anything in the Essex and Union county area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.