Rookie Investor Fired Up & Ready to Do the Work!!

Rookie Investor Fired Up & Ready to Do the Work!!

Tyler SmithPro Member
Boston · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 14 votes

Hey everyone!  My name is Tyler and I am a Realtor© based in the Boston area.  I'm originally from Iowa, lived in Arizona, Switzerland & Qatar and now Boston, MA for the last 6 years.  I'm devouring the BP podcasts, books, and just beginning to start analyzing deals.  I'm fired up to get started investing and there are two main deals I'm primarily focused on in the short term: Duplex in the Boston area for my wife and I, and a duplex in or near Cedar Rapids, IA.  For the latter I'd be eager to discuss partnering with another investor.  I've got the tenants lined up, and am planning to find and secure the deal.

My longer term goal is to be financially free in 10 years or less and work to grow the business because I want to -- not because I have to.

In my spare time I primarily enjoy cycling, hiking, traveling, and excellent food.

I look forward to networking and meeting some awesome like-minded people here on BP!

With gratitude, Tyler

3Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Lien VuongBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

Hi Tyler! Welcome to the BP community and Boston area! There's a few of us here so looking forward to connecting on the local chat. Will you be attending BPCON2021?

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Independence, IA · Member since 2016 · 103 posts · 88 votes
    5y

    Welcome Tyler!! Sounds like you have a great start on your journey to financial freedom! I've got several properties in Eastern Iowa, including Cedar Rapids and would be happy to talk to you about the deal there!

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Hi Tyler! Welcome to the BP community and Boston area! There's a few of us here so looking forward to connecting on the local chat. Will you be attending BPCON2021?

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Tyler! Best of luck investing! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Smith, welcome to the BP community

  • Dan GuentherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Longmont, CO · Member since 2019 · 548 posts · 271 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Smith

    Welcome to the BP community! 

    Good luck on your journey and keep up on the networking/educating. I'm happy to connect and chat about your future goals further. 

  • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Welcome to the neighborhood. I'm in a small town 45 minutes North of Cedar Rapids, or as I like to call it "cashflow country". Good luck in  your endeavours.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Sedona, AZ · Member since 2017 · 751 posts · 504 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tyler Smith:

    Hey everyone!  My name is Tyler and I am a Realtor© based in the Boston area.  I'm originally from Iowa, lived in Arizona, Switzerland & Qatar and now Boston, MA for the last 6 years.  I'm devouring the BP podcasts, books, and just beginning to start analyzing deals.  I'm fired up to get started investing and there are two main deals I'm primarily focused on in the short term: Duplex in the Boston area for my wife and I, and a duplex in or near Cedar Rapids, IA.  For the latter I'd be eager to discuss partnering with another investor.  I've got the tenants lined up, and am planning to find and secure the deal.

    My longer term goal is to be financially free in 10 years or less and work to grow the business because I want to -- not because I have to.

    In my spare time I primarily enjoy cycling, hiking, traveling, and excellent food.

    I look forward to networking and meeting some awesome like-minded people here on BP!

    With gratitude, Tyler

    ---

    Tyler, I'm so excited for you! Welcome to BP and to real estate investing.

    Real estate is an amazing machine for building wealth, and can be used for protecting wealth, insulating from risk and gaining tax benefits, throughout the years. If I can help give you advice on anything, just reach out- I'm happy to help. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.