What do you drive?

What do you drive?

Real Estate Investor · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2008 · 48 posts · 1 vote

Just wondering what everyone drives.....as you can see by my screename, I'm a car person. Just wondering what some of you guys drive......

Here's my car (same as my avatar)

Also have a lifted Dodge Dakota.....(Home improvement/car hauler)

0Reply
155 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2011 · 789 posts · 403 votes
14y

2002 7.3L Diesel 4X4 Excursion.....yeah...I said it...I drive a monster...anything to piss Obama off...
But....off-roaders would pay top $$ for this beast.

See this reply in the discussion

90 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 218 votes
    18y

    I have a few vehicles.

    The one I drive to meet with sellers, talk to tenants, etc is a Chevy Malibu. Very unassuming.

    I also have mini-vans, etc.

    But the one I sport most days is a BMW X5. Love the v8. Ok so it sucks down the gas, but boy it can go and sounds tough when you turn over the ignition!

  • Real Estate Investor · Millsboro, DE · Member since 2008 · 480 posts · 26 votes
    18y

    Just bought a bmw m3, my dream car. I love it too much, and say things to it that arent ok, by most people.

    I also have my 2002 isuzu rodeo. Love it too. I drive this 85% of the time, to be exact.

  • Member since 2008 · 65 posts · 2 votes
    18y

    Have a minivan that works as perfect vehicle for hauling building materials (8' bed)... an old '96 saturn, and dodge 1/2 ton for plowing.

    IME vehicle payments eat up so much of folks dough that they could otherwise be investing. May consider buying a new vehicle when pulling down over $150K/year, but until then....

  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 659 votes
    18y

    1996 Chevy Extended Cab. She's getting a little worn out, but she's still a good truck. I'll drive her until she's dead.

    Its hard for me to rationalize spending so much money on a car when I know that they are such bad investments.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y

    I am a family guy so planed ahead and got myself a 2002 Ford Explorer!

  • Real Estate Investor · London · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 74 votes
    18y

    In the UK a Mercedes A-170 and in the US a Ford Explorer.

    The A-170 is a manual transmission vehicle with no clutch pedal. The computer just figures out what I am doing when I shift gears and engages the clutch. Works great on a hill as you can not stall the car.

    John Corey

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "REI":
    In the UK a Mercedes A-170 and in the US a Ford Explorer.

    The A-170 is a manual transmission vehicle with no clutch pedal. The computer just figures out what I am doing when I shift gears and engages the clutch. Works great on a hill as you can not stall the car.

    John Corey

    Gotta love those Ford Explorers hun John (LOL)! I know that would come in handy cause one of my friends use a beat up truck to learn stick and it would stall all the time! But not that I would suggest for anyone to learn to drive stick in a Mercedes A-170........
  • Real Estate Investor · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2008 · 48 posts · 1 vote
    18y
    Originally posted by "4rmgt":

    The one I drive to meet with sellers, talk to tenants, etc is a Chevy Malibu. Very unassuming.

    Think it helps that much rolling up in a car like that, rather than your X5? I was thinking the same thing about my Audi....might be a bit too showy, should probably use one of my Jetta's instead

    Tony, what M3? E36? E46? Those are fun cars

  • Real Estate Investor · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2008 · 48 posts · 1 vote
    18y
    Originally posted by "Ryan Webber":

    Its hard for me to rationalize spending so much money on a car when I know that they are such bad investments.

    They are only bad if you buy bad....meaning I could turn around when I bought my car (the audi above) and made ~10K on it for 5 days worth of work...and I bought that on ebay, not even at a dealer auction....cars CAN be a good investment if you buy right, and turn em right over

  • Real Estate Investor · Millsboro, DE · Member since 2008 · 480 posts · 26 votes
    18y

    It's this car, but black. I got it without knowing how to drive a stick too, but I thought it was time, so I went for it. Ill see if I cant get a picture when I get my camera back.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOADED-COMPETITION-PACKAGE-INTERLAGOS-BLUE-E46-59-MSRP_W0QQitemZ160171135407QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6131QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

  • Real Estate Investor · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2008 · 48 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    That's an E46 then......
    The one you showed me is exactly the car I would buy if I had 50k to spend on a car......color and all. Well if I was looking at Bimmers that is

  • Property Manager · OK · Member since 2008 · 28 posts · 2 votes
    18y

    I drive a 2003 Suzuki Aerio. I'm not much of a car person. I'd rather spend the money furnishing my house.

  • York, PA · Member since 2008 · 227 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I'm a family guy now so I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey and a 2000 Subaru Outback Wagon. I just sold a 1994 Ford Ranger that I used for hauling. Had it since it was six months old ... on my way back from the moon with it ... 335,000 miles. All original hard parts. I'm looking for a two or three year old crew cab dually to replace it.

    Prior to the family thing I had a few cool cars. 1987 Buick Grand National (heavily mod'd) ... 1993 GMC Typhoon (heavily mod'd) ... a 1981 Z28 that I pro-streeted and 1987 Ford Ranger that I did the same way. I have owned eighteen cars in my short 36 years and I look back now at the money that I spent and I just shake my head, knowing what I know now.

    Good Luck,

    Jason

  • Investor · Bellefonte, PA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 88 votes
    18y

    I drive a repoed 98 Blazer that I bought via sealed bid auction this past March from a credit union. Paid 60% FMV on it. It just turned 139k miles and runs like a champ I hope it will see 220k. Man I love strapping drywall and doors to the roof rack. My old ride a 94 explorer police edition (which I paid 600 for at an auction) got T-boned in a parking lot during a snow storm in Feb and because the woman hit every panel on the drivers side they totaled it. Took the insurance money and bought the Blazer for < $200 out of pocket.

    I hate buying vehicles. I bought a new car ONCE. When I was 21, paid it off in just under 3 years, sold it when it was 6 years old for 12% of what I paid for it (interest included). I will never buy another new car again. A used Enzo however would be nice. Just kidding.

  • Real Estate Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2008 · 424 posts · 5 votes
    18y

    Right now I have a Dodge Ram 4X4. Big, white, cool. I am probably going to trade that in on a BMW Z4 in the spring and get an old beater truck to drive to my houses.

  • Homeowner · Waltham, MA · Member since 2008 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    2006 Jeep commander, wanted an H2 but the wifey said no, it was just to big

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    18y

    I have an 02 Lexus ES300 and a 01 BMW 325xi. I bought both of them used. Just can't see buying new cars, though cars have their issues no matter what. The Bimmer is a fun, sporty ride. Just got the Lexus about six months back. Has a sat-nav, which is absolutely fabulous when trying to look at properties. Only problem is that it reminds me too much of the caddies all the old guys with any money drove when I was a kid. Also have an '05 Triumph Speedmaster, which I ride when the weather's decent. Which it is quite a bit in Denver, despite perceptions to the contrary.
    Jon

  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Fe Springs, CA · Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    RED Van :D :D

    Honda S2000

    Acura NSX

  • Homeowner · Carrollton , AL · Member since 2008 · 138 posts · 11 votes
    18y

    Ferrari Enzo.. And by that, I mean a Subaru Outback :D

  • Member since 2008 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer

  • Contractor · spring hill, FL · Member since 2008 · 68 posts · 2 votes
    18y

    Ford 2006 F250 Turbo diesel with an extended cab, 4x4.

  • Homeowner · reno, NV · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    2005 Jaguar S-Type; VDP; British Racing Green, fully loaded. Bought it new, haggled hard on the price, paid cash and plan to drive it into the ground. Included warranty continues to take care of all the services (including regular oil changes; tune-ups etc) for 4 years. For the time that I own this one new car, I know people who will have owned several used cars with no warranty included (depends on where you buy it).

    Still looks like new and haven't had a lick of trouble.

    Alexis

  • Real Estate Investor · Millbrook, AL · Member since 2008 · 55 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I drive a 2000 Saturn not much to look at but dependable

    My husband drives a 1971 VW Van. He has had this vechile since 1971. Talk about not wanting to spend money on a new vechicle!
    We sure get a lot of attention in his ride.

  • Member since 2008 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    This a funny post. I drive a bmw and use us my old jeep suv for fishing. Although come to think of it I have not been fishing for far to long. Maybe some day soon. :woohoo:

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y

    Thinking about purchasing a new 4 cylinder!
    What do you guys/girls have in mind?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.