What's your day job?

What's your day job?

Real Estate Agent · Yuma, AZ · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 16 votes

I am curious to see what most of my fellow BPers do for their main stream of income, I personally work as an RV sales Consultant and do real estate part time as the opportunities arise.

1Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
10y

People ask me this question at the meetup and REIA all the time. To be honest, I didn't know what to tell them. I haven't had a job for almost 6.5 years and not looking for one. I don't do real estate full-time. My goal is to have a lot of free time and build wealth for our family and future generation(s). I'm happy to help whoever I can along the way as my time is allowed.

If I had to pick an occupation, I'd say I'm a stay-at-home dad. I value my time with my daughter. I always get a giggle when people tell me they are a CEO, CFO, or President/Founder of some company.  :>)

See this reply in the discussion

85 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · LOUISVILLE, KY · Member since 2013 · 299 posts · 137 votes
    10y

    Computer guy.

  • Investor · Midland, TX · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 18 votes
    10y
    I've been wondering the same. Project Manager for an Oil & Gas company in west Texas. I'm looking to switch into any real estate based position while building portfolio. Ready to completely immerse myself into real estate with no distractions, take game to next level. Great topic!
  • Investor · Montgomery, TX · Member since 2014 · 386 posts · 151 votes
    10y

    airline pilot. Flexible schedule helps.

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I work in the insurance industry. It's perfect because I take some hard earned money and watch it grow

  • IT Director/Service Manager · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2015 · 87 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    It Director at an office equipment dealer.

  • Weehawken, NJ · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Operations Project Manager
  • Antioch, CA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    Shane Co. Your friend in the diamond business!
  • Rental Property Investor · Geneva, NY · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    Responder on a Suicide Hotline

  • Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Working towards getting my architect's license. Just graduated from school 2 months ago. :)

  • Accountant · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 161 posts · 75 votes
    10y

    I work answering client questions around our bond indices and securitized products. 

  • Investor · Saco, ME · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Director of Fraud and Special Investigations for Maine Department of Health and Human Services....

  • Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Up until Dec I was a manager of a strip club. Im now working in a call center. After 16 years in the club industry im trying to get out.

  • Cashion, OK · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Safety consultant for a major Oil and Gas company
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    I own an insurance agency. Definitely not my cup of tea anymore.

  • Investor · Sacramento CA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 12 votes
    10y
    7-Eleven Franchisee
  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2016 · 446 posts · 305 votes
    10y

    labtech

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2014 · 239 posts · 177 votes
    10y

    Field/Shop Heavy construction superintendent, Welder, Part time residential contractor. Enjoy long walks on the beach....

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I was a full time landlord and honestly don't recommend it.  You get way too much time on your hands but you freak out over travelling too far from your properties and end up hanging out in coffee shops all day and posting way too much online - kind of like college.  Now very part time flipper, full time property adjuster, property inspector and grad student.

  • Realtor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2011 · 110 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Realtor and property manager over here!

  • Palatine, IL · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    Paintless dent repair
  • Rental Property Investor · Mount Vernon, NY · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 125 votes
    10y

    Bus Operator for the New York City Transit Authority. 

  • Real Estate Professional · East Elmhurst, NY · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y
    Short Sale Processor/Negotiator
  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    School based occupational therapist. :)
  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    I work for Apple Inc. :)

  • Investor · Bryan, TX · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 82 votes
    10y

    former plumber turned city building inspector. My job is an incredibly huge help to my REI.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.