Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes

No not because she had an affair, but because she's focusing full time on a Presidential run in 2012. She's burned her ships. There's something you need to understand about a woman like Sarah. When a woman like her gets attacked, she doesn't cower in hurt. She gets motivated. You can't win giving a person like this negative energy. They only convert it to motivation and the more you attack, the more you support them.

Happy Fourth of July!

Tim

1
Topic locked
234 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y

I couldn't disagree more and I can't wait for the chance to see it. Obama is as big of a joke as this country has ever seen.

From bowing down to the saudi king, to declaring that we are "Not a Christian nation", to disarming our military, to not not doing ANYTHING about north korea etc.

This guy is more of a national security risk then Bin Laden because he is killing our country from the inside.

Jeff

3
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

269 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Select a State · Member since 2009 · 156 posts · 17 votes
    17y

    I think the more you attack Palin the more she fights back....HARD! People shouldn't attack people's family values. Makes me think about David Letterman. Must be a liberal/socialist/communist thing.

    Tim "The Genius of Bigger Pockets" Weinsteneke has spoken!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Select a State · Member since 2009 · 156 posts · 17 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Kirk B:
    Can we once and for all agree that Palin is NOT a quitter!


    Ummmm...No.

    The woman used Federal and Local funds to hold a campaign for political office, and once elected, was entrusted with carrying out her duties as an elected official.

    She chose to stop carrying out those duties for no good reason.

    She wasn't moving to a more important political office where she could better serve her constituency (a good reason); she didn't have a family emergency that required her attention (a good reason); her life wasn't in danger if she continued in office (a good reason); her constituency didn't ask her to leave (a very good reason).

    She signed up to represent her constituency. She stopped doing the job without any input from her constituency (or a good reason).

    By definition, she QUIT.

    And by definition, that makes her a QUITTER.

    I'm sorry if that hurts your sensibilities, but it really is a pretty simple concept.


    Please don't get me started on Obama... The biggest quitter EVER!!!
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Kirk B:

    Please don't get me started on Obama... The biggest quitter EVER!!!

    Wow, Tim has a disciple...

    Hey Kirk, given this response, I now fully understand why you support Sarah Palin...thank you for making your point so clear!

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y

    Okay folks...it's clear that these threads are just degrading and wasting a bunch of time. Obviously a couple of us (myself included) are spending more time trying to be inflammatory than to try to actually have sincere political discussion.

    While I'd love to have a civil political discussion, obviously it's going to be difficult on an Internet forum, where a single "obnoxious" comment can just cause the entire thread to spin out of control.

    So, in order to give both myself and everyone else some to focus on the real estate aspect of this forum :), I'm going to reduce my reading and responses in the political threads from now on.

    I hope I didn't offend anyone with any previous comments (though I probably did). That wasn't my intent, and I recognize that everyone has strong opinions, and there's obviously nothing wrong with that. Hopefully there are no hard feelings...

    In fact, I have a feeling if we could actually have a civil discussion about some of these things, we'd probably find that we agree in as many aspects as we disagree (even Tim and myself! :).

    I'll leave it at that, and wish you all a good rest of the weekend...see you on the other side of the forum...and when I make it back to these threads, I'll do my best to remain constructive... :)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Jawsette wrote:
    "Now go back and investigate who closed down the immigration requirements that were in place for those who wished to become US residents. There was a test they had to pass before they were granted citizenship. Most today can not pass that test!!!!"
    ___________________________________________________

    As one who had to take the test (And passed... :mrgreen: ) I must ask, how many American-born could take that test and pass?...Not too many....

    Unfortunately, there were (and are) too many children left behind....

    Exactly my point!!!!! Because the schools of today do not teach the constitution, people do not have any idea of what it really is and why it was created.
    As for children left behind, they should be!!!!
    If they can not pass the tests they should stay there until they can. To do anything else is a disservice to those children. It almost borders on neglect. It certainly neglects their education. But that may be what was intended so as to "dumb down" the population so they do not understand what those in power are attempting to do.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    Jawsette Wrote:
    Exactly my point!!!!! Because the schools of today do not teach the constitution, people do not have any idea of what it really is and why it was created.
    As for children left behind, they should be!!!!
    If they can not pass the tests they should stay there until they can. To do anything else is a disservice to those children. It almost borders on neglect. It certainly neglects their education. But that may be what was intended so as to "dumb down" the population so they do not understand what those in power are attempting to do.
    ______________________________________________

    But, hey. Look at the bright side. They took a day off to watch the Michael Jackson memorial (The whole four hours of it). They can name all the contestant on "American Idol" , "So you think you can dance" and they can name all eight kids of Jon & Kate... Now, That's the American spirit...
    As Don King used to say... "ONLY IN AMERICA.....!!!"

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by jawsette:
    If the border had been watched over by those in power, then the hijackers never could have overstayed their permission to be in the country. The open border policy and the not exporting those illegals that are found within the borders started on whose watch??


    So, because things happened prior to that administration's taking office, the fault lies in the previous administration?

    By that reasoning, I guess that the entirety of the current financial crisis is the fault of the previous administration?

    Could the current administration have done stuff in the past 6 months to start rectifying the financial crisis? I'm guessing you'd say yes.

    So, again, by the same logic, the previous administration could have done something the first 9 months to avert the terrorist attacks.

    You can't have it both ways.

    You are very correct in these statements that almost every president works on correcting problems for the future years as it is the Congress responsibility to pass laws. And to do that there is always debate for a while before the laws enacted do pass. And then they do not take affect until the beginning of the next cycle of government usually.

    This in effect has the previous Congress bills affecting the next presidency. This is the way it has always been. The tax cuts put through by Reagan and Bush balanced the budget of Carter who then push through many spending bills which took affect during Bush who also had to spend on a ground war.

    Yes all too often the current president takes credit for things that were actually done by the previous Congress. Just like he gets blamed for their failures.

    But with that all said and acknowledged, My statement about borders being secure was about Alaska where Palin was Governor and supposing that had she been in charge the same thing would have been true about the borders of the US instead of what we had which allowed the terrorists to accomplish their deed making it necessary for Bush to spend all that money in defense of this country as was his rightful roll.

    The unsecure borders that started years ago and continued by these recent republican admin. is definately not to my liking as they are nothing more than paying for a vote.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Kirk B:
    Tim "The Genius of Bigger Pockets" Weinsteneke has spoken!


    Lol, thanks but there's many geniuses here and I prefer when the liberals think of me as an idiot.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    Didn't mean to light up the fire again, but here it is. Judge for your self.

    http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/07/palin-speech-edit-200907

    And I thought that being an immigrant, makes me somehow disadvantaged ...

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y

    Sorry Eddie, but I wont be goated by an edited speach!!!!!!!!!!

    Beside that no one said that an immigrant is disadvantaged in any way!! We all came here as immigrants for the advantages this land offered. It is the ILLIGAL immigrants that should be at a disadvantage because they by defination are breaking the laws of the land by being illegal.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Didn't mean to light up the fire again, but here it is. Judge for your self.

    http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/07/palin-speech-edit-200907

    And I thought that being an immigrant, makes me somehow disadvantaged ...


    This is perfect evidence that Mrs. Palin is a person of pretty average communications skill (no better nor worse than most Americans).

    Which is consistent with my theory that she is probably pretty average intellectually, in general...

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    :roll:

    Good lord is the best they can do play Jr. High English teacher? Having spoken to crowds of merely 100-200, I would like to see a single editor try speaking to a crowd.

    Public speaking is nothing like sitting at a desk and writing it out. Everyone makes grammar gaffes.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc

    By the was Jason, if that was evidence that Sarrah's communication skills were "average"....what does this say about Barrack's?

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    :roll:

    Good lord is the best they can do play Jr. High English teacher? Having spoken to crowds of merely 100-200, I would like to see a single editor try speaking to a crowd.

    Public speaking is nothing like sitting at a desk and writing it out. Everyone makes grammar gaffes.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc

    By the was Jason, if that was evidence that Sarrah's communication skills were "average"....what does this say about Barrack's?


    Yes, but then, they never pretend to run for the 2nd highest government position... :oops:
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by jawsette:

    Beside that no one said that an immigrant is disadvantaged in any way!! We all came here as immigrants for the advantages this land offered. It is the ILLIGAL immigrants that should be at a disadvantage because they by defination are breaking the laws of the land by being illegal.

    First, my comment was kind of a joke, but to your point that "we all came here as immigrants"... Well, not really. You can argue that most of us are descendants of immigrants, however, some of us are descendants of slave and the rest are actually real immigrants.

    With regard to the illegal immigrants, well, for the most part I agree with you but it's a whole different issue and I don't want to hijack this thread.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Yes, but then, they never pretend to run for the 2nd highest government position... :oops:


    How's Joe Biden's public speaking going? Since he's had to drop out of presidential races previously for plagiarizing speeches, how's his new material going? Any new foot in mouth points of wisdom?
    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Yes, but then, they never pretend to run for the 2nd highest government position... :oops:


    How's Joe Biden's public speaking going? Since he's had to drop out of presidential races previously for plagiarizing speeches, how's his new material going? Any new foot in mouth points of wisdom?

    Oh, Tim. You are smarter than that... Are you comparing Joe Biden to the thrrilla from Wisilla? Puhhlease...

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Oh, Tim. You are smarter than that... Are you comparing Joe Biden to the thrrilla from Wisilla? Puhhlease...


    You referred to the office of vice presidency.
    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    Good lord is the best they can do play Jr. High English teacher?


    It's very sad when someone running for executive office can't write with the skill of a Jr High School English teacher.


    Having spoken to crowds of merely 100-200, I would like to see a single editor try speaking to a crowd.


    I've written speeches for senior execs at Fortune 50 companies, so I guess that somewhat makes me an editor.

    I've spoken to groups (both customers and media) of several thousand, so I guess that makes me an editor who can speak in front of crowds.

    So apparently, it's not that far-fetched.


    Public speaking is nothing like sitting at a desk and writing it out. Everyone makes grammar gaffes.


    Absolutely. But, we're not talking about a single gaffe. We're talking about the ability to coherently translate your thoughts, ideas, and core message into something that can be communicated to your constituency in a way that provides some level of confidence.

    Reading Palin's speech didn't invoke any confidence from me...


    By the was Jason, if that was evidence that Sarrah's communication skills were "average"....what does this say about Barrack's?


    Obama writes all his own speeches (or at least did before he became President). The fact that his speeches are so well written gives me GREAT confidence in his ability to communicate.

    The fact that he doesn't do well without a prompter tells me that he doesn't rehearse enough.

    So, let's chalk it up to lack of intelligence for Sarah and lack of preparation for Obama. Both are bad...
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Very nice, I just discovered a political section on these boards. Is this where we can get away from ROI, NOI, 1%, 2%, 50%, etc...?

    People have very strong feelings about Palin, Biden, Obama, McCain and just about everyone else in politics. To me, Sarah Palin was such a breath of fresh air compared to all these Lawyers and Liars in Washington. I wouldn't trust our current president to run a Cub Scout group or little league team. Although, he might be able to run a ghetto basketball team, I hear he plays a mean game of BBall.

    I have asked many, MANY folks to name one thing the current president did, before he won the Oval office, that PROVES he will make a good president? You got it, SQUADOUCHE. An Empty Suit. People say W was incompetent and he raised the National Deficit $5T in 8 years. The current president raised the National Deficit $1T in just six months! He is giving "incompetence" a whole new meaning.

    It's just too bad that we did not have a qualified person running for president in 2008.

    I hope Sarah Palin goes on the speaking circuit and makes more money in a month than the current president makes in a year. She is not as well versed in many areas of World Politics, but the current president isn't well versed in the every day life of the average American. Palin is. Teenagers rebel, wow, there is a news bulletin! I have six kids, taught them right from wrong, and guess what! Thats right, they still had a bit of rebelliousness. So before you cast stones at Palin, you had better look in the mirror.

    I would LOVE to see Palin in the Oval Office. For one thing, she would have highly intelligent and highly experienced people around her, unlike the tax cheats around the current president. For another thing, she would root out a lot of the corruption in DC. The current president is being bought by Wall Street, Investment Banks and the Auto Industry.

    Let's just hope that we have a country left worth saving in 2012.

    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Mike M:
    I wouldn't trust our current president to run a Cub Scout group or little league team. Although, he might be able to run a ghetto basketball team, I hear he plays a mean game of BBall.


    Not a little league team but a "ghetto" basketball team?

    Why is that? Let me guess...

    Because he's black?

    You know, there are plenty of reasons to criticize Obama these days because of his political decisions and maneuvers, and the only thing these types of racists comments do is to detract from the credibility of the those making the comments.

    If I were a staunch Obama hater, I'd be embarrassed to have you on my side.

    Oh well, I guess if Palin has all the racists voting for her in 2012, she may have a shot...

    The real question is, who's gonna take over for Palin in 2014 when she decides to quit for no apparent reason?
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Hmmm, I say "ghetto" and YOU think "black". Did I say "black" anywhere? Who is the racist here? The last time I checked, around the world, there are "ghetto's" that are caucasian, oriental, hispanic, black, italian, irish, british, etc....

    The reason I used "ghetto" is because of the lack of organization needed to set up a team. I could have said "sandlot" baseball team, "park" flag football team, "street" hockey team, etc...

    If you think BLACK every time you see the word GHETTO, then it is YOU who is racist.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Mike M:
    Hmmm, I say "ghetto" and YOU think "black".


    Of course I did...

    Ghettos are parts of cities where groups of minorities tend to live based on social or economic pressures...the only minority group that our current President is associated with is black. I assumed you knew that.

    If our current President was half hispanic, I still would have assumed you meant it as a racist comment against hispanics. If our current President was half asian, I would have assumed you meant it as a racist comment against asians.

    But, our current President is half black, so it was reasonable that I interpreted it as a racial slur against blacks.

    Are you trying to say that you're only racist against blacks and not other minorities? I don't get your point...
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    My point is that I am "racist" against liars, cheaters, lazy folks, welfare mentality folks, entitlement folks, politically correct folks, etc...

    On a side note Jason, did you make it to the WSOP this year? Eva and I made it there for the first few days. Got a chance to see Doyle, Daniel, Phil, Scotty, Gavin, and a few more. Even got to watch a little of the Final Table of the Champions Tournament. We have a cousin who made the final table at the second largest WSOP tournament in 2008, and we watched him play a bit this year.

    I am not good enough to play tournaments. I would put me somewhere between a "fish" and a "donkey". I have about 2,000 "Sit and Goes" online right now, so I am slowly, ever so slowly, improving my game.

    Again, I am not racist, have never even been accused of being racist by any one that knows me. But what really angers me is that because I am against the current president, people that do not know me automatically accuse me of being a racist. I am against the current president because he is totally clueless.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    Once there was a French philosopher name Jean-Paul Sartre who said that everyone posses a degree of racism, the good ones just know and fight it within themselves.

    ... And by the way, J, haven't you heard about the fabulous Chinese Ghetto basketball team?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Mike M,

    J Scott called me a racist too! Apparently, anyone that disagrees with him is a racist! Welcome to the club!

    Mike

    0
    Topic locked