Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor

Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes

No not because she had an affair, but because she's focusing full time on a Presidential run in 2012. She's burned her ships. There's something you need to understand about a woman like Sarah. When a woman like her gets attacked, she doesn't cower in hurt. She gets motivated. You can't win giving a person like this negative energy. They only convert it to motivation and the more you attack, the more you support them.

Happy Fourth of July!

Tim

1
Topic locked
232 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
17y

I couldn't disagree more and I can't wait for the chance to see it. Obama is as big of a joke as this country has ever seen.

From bowing down to the saudi king, to declaring that we are "Not a Christian nation", to disarming our military, to not not doing ANYTHING about north korea etc.

This guy is more of a national security risk then Bin Laden because he is killing our country from the inside.

Jeff

3
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

269 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2009 · 267 posts · 73 votes
    17y

    So anyway.... Back to the issue at hand. This says a lot about Sarah Palin: When a news reporter asked her what periodicals she subscribes to and reads, she was not able to answer the reporter's question intelligently, nor was she able to name one single periodical of any importance. In fact, she gave a very vague answer "I read all of em." And we thought Bush was stupid and uninformed???

    I don't think I'd enjoy four years of a president in office who reads less than I do.

    And it was wrong of the Republican Party to give her false hope by nominating her as the VP under John McCain. Conservatives needed a "minority" of some sort to combat the diversity of the Democratic nominees. So they through Palin out there to grab the minority vote. And what they got was an idiot trying to fit a pair of shoes too big for her.

    She might get as far as writing a book; but how can one possibly write a book without any sort of well-roundedness...?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes
    17y

    I voted for Obama for three reasons.

    1. the conservative party had made a real mess of things and had moved so far to the left that I really didn't identify with them anymore.

    2. McCain and Palin were slaughtered by the press and were out flanked so many times that it was ridiculous. Take for example when McCain suggested to post-pone the debate so that he could go back to Washington to work on the economy. Obama said that he didn't want to, so the media chewed McCain apart. It was as if the republican party threw the election.

    3. I thought, what the heck....1st black president, he seems intelligent. He seems like a good family man who must want the best for his family. One man can't do that much harm. Maybe it will be a good move for America as a whole. Maybe we will gain a negotiating edge in our foreign policy positions. Maybe Obama by virtue of his name and color will stand a better chance talking to these nuts that want to destroy America. I bought into that whole Brotherman concept....you know what I mean. He can't be that bad, even a lot of whites are voting for him.....even Oprah supports him. Heck, I'll give him a shot.

    Well, what a huge mistake. I humbly apoligize to all Americans for my temporary insanity.

    America, we have a big problem but we are strong and I still think we will be o.k.

    I'd vote for a rifle carrying Palin in a heartbeat. Give me my vote back and let me re-cast it. This is the most vunerable I've ever seen America in my 54 years of citizenship. Even our citizenship doesn't mean a hill of beans.

    I overlooked too much when I voted...starting with the so called Rev. Wright who openly condemned my Great Nation.

    This guy has blind myrmidons who carries out his bidding. If you say anything negative about him, you almost have to prepare for a fight.

    While he's traveling the world apoligizing for America, no one is complaining about North Korea's shooting missiles at us, Iran seeking nuclear weapons, Iran's recent fixed election and repression of protesters, U.S. open borders, socialized health care, expansion of the executive branch, appointment of an internet czar and other numerous czars.

    Obama wants to create a national security force containing the youth of America. Did you read the DHS report on right wing radicals? Also no one has noticed that while he's traveling the globe telling the rest of the world how we (Americans), are too proud and consume too much of the worlds natural resources, he hasn't yet reached out to Israel, actually he seems to be totally leaving Israel out of the equation. Read some of the news coming off their presses, they are getting real suspicious. That another topic.

    So yea....I'd vote for Palin. She seems intelligent, fairly honest and hard working. Her views are much closer to mine than those of the current administration.

    There is such a brainwashing going on that free elections may be in danger.

    Pray for America!

    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by MikeOH:

    J Scott called me a racist too! Apparently, anyone that disagrees with him is a racist! Welcome to the club!


    Hey Mike -

    If you've been around here for the past couple months (and you have), you know that most people who read these political forums disagree with me on many, many things.

    Yet, I haven't called any of them racists (and don't believe any of them are)...

    Apparently, there's a difference between them and you. I wonder what it is...

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Mike M:
    My point is that I am "racist" against liars, cheaters, lazy folks, welfare mentality folks, entitlement folks, politically correct folks, etc...


    That we can agree on...


    On a side note Jason, did you make it to the WSOP this year? Eva and I made it there for the first few days. Got a chance to see Doyle, Daniel, Phil, Scotty, Gavin, and a few more.


    I was planning to be there for about 3 weeks, and was going to play in about 10 events. I played two events (knocked out very early in one and bubbled in the other).

    Then I came down with the worst flu of my life.

    Ended up flying home a few days later, and with my wife being 7+ months pregnant, I unfortunately couldn't make it back out for the Main Event.

    With the baby due soon, I'm done until the end of the year; hopefully I'll be playing a charity event in Vegas in December and then will try to play a couple of the east coast World Poker Tour events early next year, but otherwise, I'll be taking some time off.


    Even got to watch a little of the Final Table of the Champions Tournament. We have a cousin who made the final table at the second largest WSOP tournament in 2008, and we watched him play a bit this year.


    I heard that was a fantastic final table. Looking forward to seeing it on ESPN next week...


    Again, I am not racist, have never even been accused of being racist by any one that knows me. But what really angers me is that because I am against the current president, people that do not know me automatically accuse me of being a racist. I am against the current president because he is totally clueless.


    There are a LOT of people on this forum who are against the current President (I'm not a huge fan either these days), and I certainly don't think that being against the President makes you racist. If someone hates the President because of his policies, I 100% respect that.

    I interpreted a comment of yours the wrong way, and I apologize if incorrectly rushed to judgment.
    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Dick Green:

    I'd vote for Palin. She seems intelligent...


    I'm not going to argue with the rest of what you wrote because I agree with most of it...

    But, I'm curious about this statement. What has she done that makes you believe she is intelligent? Every time I hear her speak, the first thing that comes to my mind is, "She's completely average."

    I wouldn't say she's stupid. But, I certainly wouldn't classify her as anything above average.

    And I'm not saying this to be inflammatory; I honestly just don't see any indication of above average intelligence in that woman.

    Keep in mind, that during the election, she made it clear on numerous occasions that she didn't grasp some very basic concepts of government.

    For example:

    - She didn't know what the VP's job was;
    - She wasn't familiar with the Bush Doctrine;
    - She clearly didn't understand the issues surrounding the economic crisis.
    - She was unaware of the state of our relationships other countries;
    - She referred to the "Department of Law" :)

    These aren't mis-spoken words or flubbed sentences; these are issues and topics that are core to the role for which she was trying to attain -- the role of right-hand person to one of the most powerful people on the planet.

    So simply wasn't qualified. And if she wasn't qualified after reaching the position of governor, I just don't see how she ever will be (even though she just quit her job to spend the next couple years studying).

    But anyway, back to my question...what has she said or done to give the impression that she is anything but average in intelligence?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Dick,
    I really appreciated your post. Your honesty is refreshing. This is the beauty of the American system. If we make a mistake - it's easy to undo the damage. The pendulum will swing back to true conservatism once this is over provided some real conservatism shows up and takes the lead somewhere. Our generation just needed to experience it's "Carter" to wake us up to the reality that the socialist dream has a heavy tab.

    "I'd vote for a rifle carrying Palin in a heartbeat."

    I think she'll get a shot Dick and I think the liberals know it which is why they can't shut up about her. They're not attacking Romney, Huckabee or Jindahl they way they're viciously attacking her because they're just not a threat. Pay attention to who your opponents try to take out of the game.

    Tim

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Dick,
    I really appreciated your post. Your honesty is refreshing. This is the beauty of the American system. If we make a mistake - it's easy to undo the damage. The pendulum will swing back to true conservatism once this is over provided some real conservatism shows up and takes the lead somewhere. Our generation just needed to experience it's "Carter" to wake us up to the reality that the socialist dream has a heavy tab.

    Tim

    That's, actuall Tim, is the sad part. The fact that the pendulum have to swing so far in either direction and the creation of over-correction. I wouldn't mind short swings. At least we would have stayed somewhere with the rest of America - Close to the middle.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    I wouldn't mind short swings. At least we would have stayed somewhere with the rest of America - Close to the middle.


    I concur. The less the federal government "accomplishes" at all, the better.
    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y

    Did anyone recognize what was behind such a question?
    The press or anyone can get a subscription list from any periodical to see if her name was actually on their list and then announce to the world that she is a liar. Knowing this she answered "I read all of them".

    This indicates her above average intellegence to know a trap when she hears one. She did not admit to having an "subscription" to any of them, but that she does read them.

    Also noted is the fact that someone here does not understand how the government works. You get people around you who understand the issues and immediately inform you of the consequences of this and that possible move. You do not have to even read anything to understand the issues when you have the best at your disposal!!!!!!!!

    Go back and try again, you are only making Sarah look better and better as did the reporter without even knowing it.
    Talk about average intellegence, who does it fit now?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    I really get tired of folks saying that Palin was not "up to snuff" on current issues. Obama was not up to snuff on much of anything. But the mass media was so enamored with him, his excretement had a pleasant odor to them. Can someone please tell me what he did! He did not run a state. He did not run a town. He did not run a company. He never even ran a lemonade stand.

    Dick, excellent post. People bought into the hype, and overlooked the lack of substance. I mean, come on, who needs Greek Columns to give a speech? Talk about showmanship. Two sayings come to mind, "There is a sucker born every minute" from the following story:
    P. T. Barnum is most often associated with the circus sideshow and the display of freaks. While this is true, he is also the founding force behind one of America's most famous circuses: Barnum & Bailey Circus. Barnum is also affiliated with the famous quote "There's a sucker born every minute." History, unfortunately, has misdirected this quotation. Barnum never did say it. Actually, it was said by his competitor. Here's the incredible story.

    From 1866 until 1868 Mr. George Hull, of Binghamton, New York studied archeology and paleontology. Over this period of time Hull contemplated how to pull off a hoax. It seems that many an evangelist at the time had been preaching that there were giants in the earth. In June of 1868 Hull traveled back to Fort Dodge, Iowa where there was a gypsum quarry he had recalled seeing two years earlier. Even then, he had noticed that the dark blue streaks running through the soft lime rock resembled human veins. Realizing this its appearance was tailor-made for his hoax and it was easy to carve, Hull hired a group of quarry workers to cut off a slab measuring twelve feet long, four feet wide and two feet thick.

    In November, Hull had his gypsum wrapped in canvas and hoisted onto a wagon. Since the nearest railroad was forty miles away, it proved to be a long, difficult job. He then had the slab of gypsum shipped by rail to Chicago where he had hired a stone cutter named Edward Burghardt to carve a giant. Burghardt and his two assistants, were sworn to secrecy and agreed to work on the piece in a secluded barn during their off hours and Sundays. The instructions were to carve the giant as if it had died in great pain, and the final result was an eerie figure, slightly twisted in apparent agony, with his right hand clutching his stomach. All of the details were there; toenails, fingernails, nostrils, sex organs and so forth. Even a needlepoint mallet was used to add authentic-looking skin pores. When the carving was done, sulfuric acid and ink were used to make the figure look aged.

    The giant finished, Hull then had the figure shipped by rail to the farm of William Newell, his cousin, located near the town of Cardiff, New York. In the dead of night, Hull, Newell and his oldest son buried the giant between the barn and house. They were instructed to say nothing about it and that Hull would let them know in about a year of what the next stage was.

    Luckily, about six months later, on another farm near the Newell's, some million year-old fossil bones were dug up. Newspapers around the country reported the finding. Hull was filled with glee in reading the accounts.

    True to his word, one year after burying the giant, Hull sent word to his cousin on October 15, 1869, to start the next stage of the hoax. Newell hired two laborers to dig a new well near his home. Newell directed them to the exact spot he wanted the well dug and went back into the house to wait -- anxiously. Sure enough, well into the day, the two laborers rushed up to the house to announce their discovery: a giant turned to stone! The laborers and both Newells carefully excavated the area surrounding the giant.

    News of this amazing discovery spread throughout the valley and soon wagon loads of neighbors streamed into Newell's farm to see the giant. By mid-afternoon, Newell erected a tent around the "grave" and started charging 25 cent admission. Two days later, the Syracuse Journal (New York) printed an article about the discovery. Being greedy, Newell raised the price to 50 cents, and a stage coach company made four round trips a day from Syracuse to the Newell farm. Thousands came every day. Among the visitors were clergymen, college professors and distinguished scientists. Before long, the expert's opinions split into two theories; one side claimed it was a true fossilized human giant and the other side pronounced it an authentic ancient statue. No one asserted that it was a fake!

    About ten days after the discovery, and about the time the Cardiff Giant, as the papers had named it, started receiving national attention, Hull sold two-thirds interest in the giant for $30,000 to a five-man syndicate in Syracuse, the head of which was a banker named David Hannum. The syndicate moved the giant to an exhibition hall in Syracuse and raised the admission price to a dollar a head. Unknown to them, P. T. Barnum sent an agent to see the giant and make an assessment. The particular Sunday the representative saw the giant, the crowds were abnormally large -- about 3,000 people. The agent wired the news back to Barnum and Barnum instructed him to make an offer of $50,000 to buy it. Hannum turned his offer down.

    The Cardiff Giant was the most talked about exhibit in the nation. Barnum wanted the giant to display himself while the attraction was still a hot topic of the day. Rather than upping his offer, Barnum hired a crew of workers to carve a giant of his own. Within a short time, Barnum unveiled HIS giant and proclaimed that Hannum had sold Barnum the original giant and that Hannum was now displaying a fake! Thousands of people flocked to see Barnum's giant. Many newspapers carried the version that Barnum had given them; that is, Hannum's giant was a fake and Barnum's was authentic. It is at this point that Hannum -- NOT BARNUM -- was quoted as saying "There's a sucker born every minute." Hannum, still under the impression that HIS giant was authentic, was referring to the thousands of "fools" that paid money to see Barnum's fake and not his authentic one.

    Hannum brought a lawsuit against Barnum for calling his giant a fake. When it came to trial, Hull stepped forward and confessed that the Cardiff Giant was a hoax and the entire story. The judge ruled that Barnum could not be sued for calling Hannum's giant a fake since it was a fake after all. Thereafter, Hannum's name was lost to history while Barnum was left with the misplaced stigma of being the one to say "There's a sucker born every minute."

    And the other saying, "You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

    Obama is the 'fake giant' who is fooling some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. If the Dems had really wanted to control the Oval Office for eight years, then they should have elected Hillary Clinton. Obama is "one and done."

    President Romney, Vice President Jindal, Secretary of State Huckabee and Secretary of Energy Palin. 2012, I can hardly wait!!

    1
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by jawsette:

    Talk about average intellegence, who does it fit now?

    Sarah Palin.

    And George Bush.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Mike M:
    I really get tired of folks saying that Palin was not "up to snuff" on current issues. Obama was not up to snuff on much of anything.


    Mike -

    Others on this forum tend to do this a lot also...trying to justify one person's incompetence by accusing others of being incompetent as well.

    Unfortunately, it's just poor logic.

    I claimed Sarah Palin isn't very smart. Your rebuttal is that Obama isn't smart either.

    That makes no sense, and in no way defends Palin's lack of intelligence. Sounds like neither of them is smart enough to be President!

    Anyway, it's just like when I called Bush average. Everyone took offense and said, "Obama is an idiot too!"

    Nobody said, "Here is proof that Bush is above average..."

    In fact, I'm not sure anyone can find any proof of that for Bush or Palin (except for Jawsette who claims she's a genius because she intercepted the evil trap of "what magazines do you read?" I'm still trying to figure out if that post was serious or a joke)

    If you want to convince me that Plain is of above average intelligence, give me some evidence.

    Insulting Obama doesn't make Palin any smarter...it just makes you look like you have no good argument to support your views...

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by jawsette:
    Originally posted by :
    So anyway.... Back to the issue at hand. This says a lot about Sarah Palin: When a news reporter asked her what periodicals she subscribes to and reads, she was not able to answer the reporter's question intelligently, nor was she able to name one single periodical of any importance. In fact, she gave a very vague answer "I read all of em." And we thought Bush was stupid and uninformed???


    Did anyone recognize what was behind such a question?
    The press or anyone can get a subscription list from any periodical to see if her name was actually on their list and then announce to the world that she is a liar. Knowing this she answered "I read all of them".

    This indicates her above average intellegence to know a trap when she hears one.


    Really? That's your proof that she's above average?

    I wish I was there with you so I'd know if you were actually able to type that with a straight face.

    Of all the face time she's had with reporters, voters, media, etc, THAT'S the one thing you want to highlight to "prove" that she's of above average intelligence?

    Seriously?

    In that case, thank you for proving my point.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    Arianna Huffington described Palin the best. Appearing on MSNBC "Morning Joe' Yesterday, she described Sarah Palin as "Intelligent but incurious". This is the best description of Palin I have ever heard. A person with no intellectual inquisitiveness at all. That what makes her a "Hockey Mom" who settled for "Joe six pack" as a husband. Now, I don't have anything against neither of those, but I just don't want them as the leaders or -Vice leader of the free world.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 340 posts · 34 votes
    17y

    This is how I would describe Sarah Palin a year or two down the line after she has racked in a boatload of speaking fees…RICH!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · colorado springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 283 posts · 45 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    This is how I would describe Sarah Palin a year or two down the line after she has racked in a boatload of speaking fees…RICH!


    Even more interesting to hear an accurate description of those who paid to listen to her eloquence...
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    This is what amazes me. People don't want an "intelligent but incurious" person to be a leader, but they want an "inexperienced but narcisstic" person to be leader. Obama testified that the "Rev. Jeremiah Wright" was his spiritual mentor. And those on the left are OK with that! AMAZING! Obama wrote in his book that he used marijuana and cocaine, and people are OK with that! Does this prove he has good judgment?

    Give me the incurious over a drug abusing, arrogant and clueless person any day!

    Many folks have already awoken to the fact that their vote for Obama was a HUGE mistake. Millions and millions more will come to that conclusion over the next 3.5 years.

    On the other hand, I have yet to hear anyone say that they SHOULD have voted for Obama. I am curious, did anyone on here vote for McCain and now feels they should have voted for Obama?

    The hard core left wingers would stand behind a broomstick if it was elected. But those with real intelligence will look at all aspects, look beyond image to find true substance, and vote for what they feel is best for the country. I am not as far right as many believe, I voted for Bill Ritter-D as Governor for Colorado as I thought the Republican was not the best choice for my state.

    I guess my view tells me that Palin has substance and Obama has hyperbole. Give me a president whose husband is "Joe Sixpack" any day of the week. As a matter of fact, that is probably what our country needs most!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · colorado springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 283 posts · 45 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Mike M:

    Give me the incurious over a drug abusing, arrogant and clueless person any day!



    Silly me, I thought W Bush discussions were over by now...

    P.S. And we had Joe Sixpack for a president, why settle for a spouse...
    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    This is how I would describe Sarah Palin a year or two down the line after she has racked in a boatload of speaking fees…RICH!


    Amman to that!! And never in any goverment...
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 340 posts · 34 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Sorin T:
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    This is how I would describe Sarah Palin a year or two down the line after she has racked in a boatload of speaking fees…RICH!


    Even more interesting to hear an accurate description of those who paid to listen to her eloquence...


    No, it’s not. Just normal, flyover country folk.

    Nice, try though.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 340 posts · 34 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    This is how I would describe Sarah Palin a year or two down the line after she has racked in a boatload of speaking fees…RICH!


    Amman to that!! And never in any goverment...

    OMG, Eddie we agree on something? Hell has frozen over. :mrgreen:

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · colorado springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 283 posts · 45 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    Originally posted by Sorin T:
    Originally posted by Matthew Gil:
    This is how I would describe Sarah Palin a year or two down the line after she has racked in a boatload of speaking fees…RICH!


    Even more interesting to hear an accurate description of those who paid to listen to her eloquence...


    No, it’s not. Just normal, flyover country folk.

    Nice, try though.


    Was referring to the depth of their wisdom, not of their pockets. So much for the obvious I guess... after all Sarah CAN make money thru public speaking.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by jawsette:
    Originally posted by :
    So anyway.... Back to the issue at hand. This says a lot about Sarah Palin: When a news reporter asked her what periodicals she subscribes to and reads, she was not able to answer the reporter's question intelligently, nor was she able to name one single periodical of any importance. In fact, she gave a very vague answer "I read all of em." And we thought Bush was stupid and uninformed???


    Did anyone recognize what was behind such a question?
    The press or anyone can get a subscription list from any periodical to see if her name was actually on their list and then announce to the world that she is a liar. Knowing this she answered "I read all of them".

    This indicates her above average intellegence to know a trap when she hears one.


    Really? That's your proof that she's above average?

    I wish I was there with you so I'd know if you were actually able to type that with a straight face.

    Of all the face time she's had with reporters, voters, media, etc, THAT'S the one thing you want to highlight to "prove" that she's of above average intelligence?

    Seriously?

    In that case, thank you for proving my point.

    Yes, I am serious. Its funny how some people use an example of the intellegence of a person to say that they are dumb. It just shows how they do not know how to recongize intellegence when they see it.

    I showed you one example on how intellengent she really is, and you refuse to accept it, this tells me that no other examples which could be given are needed as they will not be recogonized either.

    Its like responding to the question "What's up?" with "Anything that is not down." Most will not realize what is politley being said here.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes
    17y

    I thought intelligence was defined as the ability to learn and know; quickness of understanding.

    Listening to her, and reading more about her I feel that Palin seems to possess those attributes.

    Plainly speaking, her views are closer to those of mine own than those of the current administration which makes her more intelligent in my eyes.

    My gauge of whether or not a person is intelligent may not be the same as yours. There's other variables that I take into consideration to determine intelligence these variables may be of no importance to you. It has to do with a person's stand on issues that closely concerns me, one's moral fiber, one's views about our country, views about human life, views about God views about my guns, views about immigration, views about family structures. And I should have added wisdom to my statement.

    There's tons of real intelligent people that I plainly disagree with. Likewise, occasionally, I encounter people who are intellectually challenged who I seem to automatically like and agree with.

    Wisdom is something I look for. How does an individual apply his or her intelligence.

    Intelligence which lacks wisdom in my opinion can really be dangerous. If I were hooked on drugs and the person that I bought drugs from conducted business in such a way the it insured I would never be caught or arrested, I would consider him intelligent. Yet am I or this same person wise?

    If my goal was to connect the dots of an oncoming global system and the subjugating of U.S. sovereignty then yes, this is a very intelligent administration. Likewise, is it wise?

    Understand...I'm old school, respect the President, Pray for him and his family and all those who have been given positions of authority. God Bless them and help them to make sound decisions.......Believing that the office and position deserves respect.

    Yet, also in this free country we have the right and a system in place whereby we can strongly oppose and disagree with actions and decisions made by those who have been given authority over us. I'm what's called Loyal Opposition and under this administration like no other in history I'm considered an 'endangered species.'

    Also....I'm a little suspicious of the such a large portion of the world jumping onboard and following behind one man. All kinds of alarms go off in my non-conforming head.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
    That what makes her a "Hockey Mom" who settled for "Joe six pack" as a husband.


    Yeah, she "settled" for an Iron Dog champion who's been featured in Esquire magazine. I know - no woman wants to sleep with a trim, built champion athlete. Totally unattractive. :roll:
    0
    Topic locked