What Topics Are Missing From the BP Blogs?

What Topics Are Missing From the BP Blogs?

Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes

I haven't read through all of the BiggerPockets blogs and it would take forever to catch up so I was wondering what topics everyone would like to read more about. Raising money, RE strategies, business entity setup, etc.

What is missing that you would like to read and learn more about?

2Reply
67 views

Most Popular Reply

Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 689 votes
16y

More on:
-Tax strategies for wealth preservation.

-Starting out, intermediate level: LLC funding, business structure, different RE investment strategies & how to balance the mixture, working with others, growing business, milestones, timelines, etc

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    thanks for the comments bryan...my blog isn't necessarily only about small local banks, but i think tha's an imporant part of the equation for a newbie, so that's where i started..thanks again.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    You're right Bryan, I didn't see much on those topics. Of course I am just learning to navigate the blogs section.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I have posted a few blogs recently. Some of them didn't show up on the main feed for some reason. I guess it may be because I put them in the wrong category.

    What is missing that you guys would like to get discussion on? I am planning on writing something on optimal leverage. Can you think of other things that some of our frequent blog posters should write about?

    BTW...the main BP blog has had some excellent material lately. I generally only see the feed on Facebook though. It would be nice if there was a better feed on the forums to let people know when new stuff gets posted.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    I guess suggesting a blog about ethics for investors is like discussing withholding tax in a house of ill repute!

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I'd love to have an ethics blog. We can debate things like structuring your portfolio with seller financed loans with the intent to default when the currency deflates. That could be the kickoff post.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    LOL, you'd probably win the weasel award.

    And I keepsaying this, but it's not sinking in, a seller financed note made from equity can not seek any deficiency amount. It's a non-issue.

    Buy if you destroyed the property for example, you get be sued for that.

    Actually, instead of have topics to debate over, I would like to see one a little more constructive, where members made suggestions as if there were to be a Code of Ethics established by investors.

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    It is a shame that the blogs get little attention. I love to read about new investors experiences, learn about the various investing strategies of seasoned investors, out-of-state investing experiences, and the nuts and bolts of day to day investing in the various strategies.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    The member blogs will be getting more attention after our navigation rebuild, and even more once we redesign the blogging system in the coming months.

    To clarify - some blogs posts will not be promoted by our system's front page -- if they are hyper-local, if they are advertorial, spammy, if the quality is poor, or if they are simply promotional.

    They will be available if you subscribe to that particular blog, they will be searchable and indexable by search engines, and can be found if you follow the user posting it.

    Bryan - No one determines the content that is produced by our member blogs. If you'd like to see more content about ethics, please feel free to write about it. I'm sure you'll get some good feedback.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Can you guys think of things that are missing? I have been trying to come up with new topics to write about recently.

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    i want to learn what i can do when a property does not appraise as well as it should. and why in the world they take whichever property they feel like to come with the number they want to come up with and completely ignore the rest.

    what can I do in this case.

    example.. bid 75.1k on a house a few months ago hoping to come a little less since THE HOUSE ACROSS THE STREET sold for 62. guess what....the house magically appraised for 76 and the house across the street was not in the report. i was ticked, to say the least!

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    JScott has that covered Homer:

    [urlhttp://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/312/topics/55307-controlling-your-appraisals]Controlling Your Apprisals[/url]

    This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on the forums.

    There is a mirror blog post on the BP Blog too.

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Bryan Hancock:
    JScott has that covered Homer:

    Controlling Your Apprisals

    This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on the forums.

    There is a mirror blog post on the BP Blog too.

    bryan,

    i think you accidentally posted one of your blogs. :lol:

    i think i read jscott's piece (believe it came out within the last week or so), but dont remember giving actual advice on what i can do to fix the terrible number i received.

    :oops:

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.