What do you drive?

What do you drive?

Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Related to the "Car Enthusiasts" thread. What vehicle(s) do you drive now and why was it your choice?

0Reply
139 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
15y

<-----

See this reply in the discussion

98 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Moreno Valley, CA · Member since 2008 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    15y

    2005 Chev Uplander van, paid free and clear, I love not having a car payment. And it only has 30,000 miles on it.

  • Real Estate Investor · Portage, MI · Member since 2010 · 470 posts · 315 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Rich Weese:
    I don't think I have replied to this thread, so here goes.

    RE: the Viper

    I know. It's stupid to have 5 cars for 2 drivers. I've heard that from wifey for long time. Shipping 3 and driving 2 for the upcoming 2700 mile move. Yuk. Rich

    That Viper is Jackie's "Dream Car"! She has wanted one for several years, but every time I get after our BMW M-Roadster on a curvy road or next to a Vette or Mustang, she has a lot to say to me! I don't think she realizes that the Viper is as fast as it is. 0 - 60 in about 3 sec. I would guess!
    Bill

  • Homeowner · savannah, GA · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    15y

    My every day driver is a paid for 2007 ford ranger, it gets the material from depot to the houses. My Sunday driver is a restored 1970 Ford Mustang, the one in my picture.

  • Real Estate Investor · chillicothe, OH · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    I have always been an ford truck man. I have a 1999 f150 with 189000 miles the last time i checked. It runs like it has another 200,000 miles. Its extended cab the year where the trucks had the suicide doors for the extended cab with an 8 foot bed with a cap on the bed and the large 5.4 Triton engine. Yea it loves its go go juice. But its payed for and the insurance is only 35 bucks a month on it so i can't complain on that part. I hate the the thought of buying a new truck to just get a monthly payment and higher insurance to get better gas mileage and worrying about someone banging my truck with a car door.
    Nicolas

  • Wholesaler · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2008 · 471 posts · 98 votes
    15y

    Great thread! I drive a really fine 2006 Acura TL. Rides great, turns great, gets me where I want to go as fast as I want to go. I will drive it into the golden sunset!

  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 659 votes
    15y

    '96 Chevy Silverado with 250K miles. I originally bought it about 7 years ago to haul my tools and materials when I was doing my own rehabs and maintenance, but now its just my baby. I love my truck.

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 81 posts · 97 votes
    15y

    Texas Cadillac

    2001 F350 Ford, 7.3 ltr, Deisel, truck, 4 door, longbed, 4x4 with 417,000 miles on it. I bought in 2002 with 10,000 miles on it for $30,000. President Bush offered a tax benefit for commercial equipement (vehicles that weighed over 6,000 lbs). I got to deduct the entire $30k that year...aving me over $7,000 in taxes. I sold my old vehicle for $5,000.... that was a $13,000 benefit to buying this slightly used truck...which ended up really costing me $18,000 when everything was figured in. I new I was going to drive my vehicle for a long time so I needed a truck that would last a long time. I put almost exactly 55,000 miles on my truck every years. I've replaced the Transmission once. I find the money is made in the field, not behind a desk. I live 30 miles from town.

    --Mitch Stephen--

  • Real Estate Investor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2011 · 189 posts · 33 votes
    15y

    I have a thing for cars ;)

    Now:
    '11 BMW 550i V8TT
    '11 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
    '09 Yamaha FZ6R
    '05 Jaguar STR (G/F's)

    Gone:
    07 Maserati QP SportGT
    09 Nissan GTR - 535AWHP
    09 Merc SL63 AMG
    08 Porsche Cayenne GTS
    08 BMW 335i
    05 Merc E55
    07 Toyota FJ Cruiser #2(off roader)
    07 Toyota FJ Cruiser #1(off roader)
    08 Honda S2000
    04 Merc SL55
    07 Jeep SRT8
    04 BMW M3
    06 Ford F150 KingRanch
    ++ many more

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Mitch, you win the award for pushing the most metal the most miles. I hope you own a few hundred shares of Exxon as a hedge :D

    Fantasm, you win the award for single handedly moving our economy forward, at least by a little bit. Oh, and also the BP speed award!

  • Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2010 · 628 posts · 251 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Andy Meyers:
    The problem with that is they get used to being happy...and they then always expect to be happy...and before you know it you can't keep them happy.

    I mean how many times can you lose 50k in an effort to keep the Wifey happy?

    Not too many More times!!! When I griped about fixing the Durango, she said she was happy with it anyway; I was the one that insisted on buying a Tahoe. That is true. But, I had one picked out for $30k. This subject could turn into a new thread.
    Don

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    bubba, you are like me..

    i have a 97 (rusting as we speak, sheetmetal falling off) f-150 with 152k on it. check engine light on, bottom's rusted through.

    wife has 05 volvo, all paid for and loving the extra money in the account.

    wifey thinks that tenants would not respect me if i have a beater truck though. who knows what they really think??

  • Rehabber · Powhatan, VA · Member since 2011 · 190 posts · 21 votes
    15y

    2000 GMC Denali

    Had a nice GMC Crew Cab, but right after I qut my job I totalled it. Hit a deer going 60 mph. I mean trashed that truck, it was only a yr old.

    Found something in could pay cash for, no payment is great

  • Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2011 · 103 posts · 22 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Homer S.:
    bubba, you are like me..

    i have a 97 (rusting as we speak, sheetmetal falling off) f-150 with 152k on it. check engine light on, bottom's rusted through.

    wife has 05 volvo, all paid for and loving the extra money in the account.

    wifey thinks that tenants would not respect me if i have a beater truck though. who knows what they really think??

    Obviously, if the check engine light still works, it's in good enough shape to drive :P

  • Pleasant Hill, CA · Member since 2008 · 428 posts · 43 votes
    15y

    No matter how much money I make I will be driving my 2004 Honda Accord And my 98 Chevy Truck into the ground. I love not having a car payment.

  • Developer · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2009 · 97 posts · 42 votes
    15y

    Love fast cars, hate buying practical vehicles though. Used to drive a '95 Ford F150, Purple beast, answered to 'Barney' but had to trade him in...GodSpeed. I now drive an '04 F150 FX4 Crew and love it...has 60k on it and I'm going to run till it drops.

    Wifey drives an '03 Ford Taurus (sucks) but were thinking about bumping up to a '07-'08 BMW X3 because of growing family.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 122 posts · 17 votes
    15y

    2008 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    2004 Mazda Tribute

    Toys:
    2008 Go-Devil Boat (duck boat)
    2007 Majek Illusion w/ 300hp Yamaha (fishing boat)

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    Jon K- Before you hand the BP "speed award" to Fantasm, I want to get in on this.
    I've had at least 10 cars that will do 160+ miles per hour.
    Current Dodge Viper with Hennessey package and Daytona racing front end is GUARANTEED by Hennessey for 200 MPH. I got scared at 175, but there was still a lot left. This is my entry for the speed award.

    Ryan- my baby is my 94 Pontiac Firehawk with now, over 400 HP. I was supposed to sell it when I got the Viper 5 years ago to make wifey happy. Like that was going to happen!

    Fantasm- I didn't know we were ok to list PREVIOUS cars,so,,,,,,,,,, here goes with partial list. I'm pretty old, so mine were mostly from a different time..

    67 camaro 327 (1st car after kinda reaching adulthood. wifey and I think 1st child was conceived in this car!)

    69 corvette 427 big block ( traded in for Olds wagon to pick up wife and 3rd kid from the hospital) A real concession...

    77 porsche 930 turbo

    78 " " "

    79 " " "

    65 Jaq XKE convert 4.2 liter

    69 corvette 427 big block (2nd one)

    69 camaro 396 turbojet

    mustang GT 450 ( I don't remember the year!) It was white.

    74 Detomaso Pantera

    23 bucket T with corvette 327 (fiberglass)

    23 bucket T with corvette 427 (actual METAL body!)

    72 Lamborghini Jarama

    68 Camaro (100% restored and dz302 motor)

    94 Pegasus (like 1 used by Burt Reynolds in TV series-13 made)

    58 Buick special (more chrome than any car in history! imo)

    Current vehicles
    05 Viper Hennessey Viper
    94 Pontiac Firehawk (my baby and # 80 of 500 built)
    09 Chrysler 300 hemi
    98 Dodge V-10 (trailer hauler)
    08 (I think)Kia Sportage. Wifes' daily driver.

    Best part of all this is all but 3 were purchased for cash or traded for. The 3

    67 Camaro- my dad cosigned when I was 21 and no credit.
    77 porsche turbo
    09 chrysler 300(I was told I needed another INSTALLMENT loan to raise my FICO scores! Crazy.

    These were all great fun and many have a cool story.1 totalled, 1 in French auto museum, arrested in 1 of them, stopped for doing 150 + in another, 1 came by repo on loan, 1 from Kruse auction, 4 from Barrett-Jackson auction and Pantera from a lady in our neighborhood that had been stored for15 years! I'll try and post some pics later today. Rich

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    That's quite a collection, Rich! And yes, I think your Hennessey Viper is the fastest 4 wheeler in thread. However I might need a ride in it for confirmation :D

  • Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Rich, one vote for conceiving in a 67 camaro :)

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    Bryan- I didn't weigh 350 at the time!!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    2008 Ford F-150 - Company car, gas, insurance, repairs paid by them.

    1990 Ford Mustang 5.0 - Fun toy had it since I was 18
    1973 Honda CB750 - Vintage racer bike.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/galleries/show/13047

    I learned how to post photos today, thanks to Steve Babiak! Now I'm dangerous. If you like older, sexier or fast cars, there'll be something in these photos you. like.
    Yes, I wish I still owned most of them-just like the houses I've owned over 40 years.... Rich

  • Breckenridge, CO · Member since 2011 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Me:

    Nissan Skyline GTR-R32 - astonishing piece of hardware, and it has four seats;
    Merc SL55 AMG - another fantastic piece of kit
    1998 Range Rover - ideal for the CO winters and not too bad a lugging stuff around
    43' sailboat, for when it's better to travel to arrive
    R22 helicopter, for when life seems like it might go on for too long ;-)

    --Dave

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.