What do you drive?

What do you drive?

Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Related to the "Car Enthusiasts" thread. What vehicle(s) do you drive now and why was it your choice?

0Reply
126 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
15y

<-----

See this reply in the discussion

98 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Certified Public Accountant · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2008 · 279 posts · 151 votes
    15y

    1996 Honda Accord with 220k miles. I'm cheap when it comes to cars.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I currently drive an '02 Dodge Caravan

    It was my choice simply because I have a large family, I paid cash for it(a steal at $2500 with only 62k miles) and I don't have excessive car notes to worry about.

    My 'ManVan' as I like to call it serves my purpose. I don't need anything more.

    also, I bought it like a month ago after my '99 van finally died. I had that van for several years. I can afford more but I'd rather not.

  • Homeowner · Burleson, TX · Member since 2008 · 756 posts · 376 votes
    15y

    2004 GMC 2500 pickup to haul the trailer for my kid's high school marching band.

    2007 Jetta cheap, reliable transportation.

    All my cars are paid for.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Toyota Tundra P/U - good for rehabbing and property management.

    4x4 Suburban- family hauling, pulling trailers, and getting me out of bad dirt roads on rainy days.

  • Investor · Southlake, TX · Member since 2009 · 950 posts · 338 votes
    15y

    I never was a car enthusiast but I enjoy looking at muscle cars. I drive a 2003 Dodge Ram, but before you make fun of my gas mileage, ITS PAID FOR!

    I was thinking about a similar topic inspired by the Millionaire Next Door thread. I was wondering what type of car and how long did you finance, or lease.

  • Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
    15y

    <-----

  • Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    1989 f150 and 2006 dodge dakota ...need trucks for our line of work

    used to be a jeep guy as well...til i rolled my yj after landing a bad jump from an ATV ramp, cracked the transfer case in half and had to replace the front suspension...i'll have to dig up the pics of my jeep 6 feet in the air though!

  • Real Estate Investor · Dania Beach, FL · Member since 2010 · 74 posts · 41 votes
    15y

    Currently 2007 Pathfinder. Before that 1997 Maxima 157K miles, then a 1991 Maxima 187K miles.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    The truck is provided by my company and I paid cash for the Suburban.

  • Investor · Lenexa, KS · Member since 2010 · 215 posts · 121 votes
    15y

    2002 Huyundai Elantra - 5 speed - just turned 100k -Paid for since 2008

    2006 Mazda 6 - also paid for since 2008

    I have neighbors all around me that have trucks - but want one myself, just don't want to pay for one :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2009 · 271 posts · 52 votes
    15y

    i have a 99 lincoln grand marquis,and a 2005 trail blazer

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    15y

    A 2000 Nissan Xterra with 130,000 miles on it. I bought this new. Bought it because it is a really cool vehicle. It rides like a tank and drinks gas like its water. But it can pull my junky trailer loaded up with whatever I can put it in and can haul a bunch of tools in the back.

    A 2007 Camry. Bought this used a year ago when I got tired dealing with maintenance on my old 2001 BMW 325ix. Unfortunately, its not been all that reliable. Bigger than the BMW, but not as much fun to drive and not as good in the snow.

    A 2005 Triumph Speedmaster. Quickly becoming my daily driver with gas at $3.50 a gallon and this getting 45 MPG.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Hyattsville , MD · Member since 2011 · 298 posts · 256 votes
    15y

    Bentley Continental GT- Had it for 6yrs in my dreams-LOL
    I drive a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL with 177k miles and as Martin Lawerence would say Imma drive this thing till the wheels fall off.. LOL
    Paid for since 2006.
    Funny story- Many years ago when my car was brand new I was driving by a bus station- I rolled down the windows, open my sun roof and blasted my music as I drove slowly by the bus stop (As if to say-Hey look at me, Don't you wish you were me) Anyway as soon as I passed the bus stop I rolled my windows back up, Shut my sunroof and turned down the music- It was hurting my ears afterall and then it hit me like a tons of bricks- WHO THE HELL WAS I JUST TRYING TO IMPRESS!!!!!
    Point is many people go through life impressing everyone but the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind truly don't matter. :D

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    Escalade will be out the door at the end of the week or Monday to be 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser. The 09 Escalade is a gas hog (E-85 didn't matter) but it was nice. I'm getting back into a little off roading. It will be pulling an off road expedition trailer.

    08 HHR, cute but not exciting and good MPG

    05 Miata

    '99 F-150 with 71K miles on it and slick as the day I bought it (probably burry me in that one).

    Now toys:

    2-'89 Raiders
    06 Vulcan 1600
    99 Transalp
    04 SeaRyder (Sea Ray Jet Boat)
    Perception 16 Kayak
    Old Town Canoe

    And most importantly, my 1956 Red Flyer Wagon......LOL

  • Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    bill, i have a kayak too...goes great with a 6pack and a fishing pole..guess we do have something in common! :)

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by BryanA:
    bill, i have a kayak too...goes great with a 6pack and a fishing pole..guess we do have something in common! :)

    Mine is powered by Budwiser Lite! :lol:

  • Investor · -, IL · Member since 2010 · 409 posts · 616 votes
    15y

    '97 Silverado with 108,000 miles. Custom lit dashboard (check engine light constantly on), rusting rocker panel, paint splattered bed interior, busted a/c, blower fan only works after smacking the glove box, dented tailgate, radio volume that turns down everytime you take a hard left (have not figured that one out yet). Tenants definately don't think I am the rich landlord type :)

    Wife has the spotless, all leather, comfortable Yukon. How does that deal work out????

  • Engineer · Bel Air, MD · Member since 2009 · 136 posts · 24 votes
    15y

    I have a 04 Nissan Sentra. 55k on it right now. I bought it so I dont have a car payment. Im trying to live cheap as possible right now so I have more money to save and invest with soon.

    I went from having a 97 Toyota Supra, a new Ford work van, and a 92 Nissan Sentra to the 04 sentra. Way to many bills living dumb.

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    1965 GTO 421 CI auto
    1980 Lincon Mark VI 68,000 miles
    1982 Ford Econoline conversion van 300 straight 6 with factory 4 speed 175,000 miles
    2000 Miata 47,000 miles
    2011 Camry 150 miles
    Girlfriend: 1995 Subara Legacy 210,000 miles
    2009 Legacy 25,000mi

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 557 posts · 70 votes
    15y

    2007 BMW 328i. Bought used. Paid in full (Dave Ramsey style). 20K Miles. Still under free service warranty.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    My DD is a 2004 Silverado. Base model v6. Perfect for rehabbing and landlording. It has 170K.

    My wife drives a 2002 Honda Odyssey with 220K.

    And our spare car is a rusted to hell 1997 Tahoe with 255K.

    We don't put virtually any money toward cars. Not our thing.

    We do have one passion...you'll have to see the other thread for that!

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    15y

    07 Honda Civic 27.9k miles bought used in cash. I drive a lot everyday and with gas prices these days, it's been good for my pocket.

    In the future, I would like NOT to drive to go anywhere except on a closed course!

  • Residential Landlord · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 592 posts · 138 votes
    15y

    03 Ford Taurus, 125k. I am in school right now and have to drive 50 miles to get to my properties so I haven't got a truck yet, I may get one later this year though, I am hoping to fix up 3 properties towards the end of the year to add to my rental portfolio and I don't want to keep trying to fit all my materials and tools in my car.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 89 posts · 15 votes
    15y

    Fun post! I have a 2001 honda accord manual transmission and does great milage used mostly to go and see properties and also picked up a 09' toyota tacoma trd sport which actually does great milage for being a 6 cyl. and having good towing torq and bed space for rehabing work etc...

  • gilbert, AZ · Member since 2011 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    I drive a Nissan Altima 2004. It isn't fancy but it is big enough to have clients in and it is paid off. I would love an SUV but right now its more important to save money than have a nice car.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.