What do you drive?

What do you drive?

Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Related to the "Car Enthusiasts" thread. What vehicle(s) do you drive now and why was it your choice?

0Reply
123 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
15y

<-----

See this reply in the discussion

98 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    A 2010 Huyundai Accent and a 1988 Ford F250. My Ford has only 76K on it. Used exclusively for hauling materials and dump runs for my rental properties.

    Before getting my 2010 Huyundai, I had a 2005 Huyundai Elantra which I enjoyed because it was low maintenance, ran well and was a good overall economical car.

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Charles Perkins:
    A 2010 Huyundai Accent and a 1988 Ford F250. My Ford has only 76K on it. Used exclusively for hauling materials and dump runs for my rental properties.

    exclusively. Now that's a worthy word. I use my 2003 Chevy Cargo Express van exclusively for rental activities. And I say my like kids will say my car when it is really their parents. The van is titled in the LLC, owned by the LLC, and the LLC maintains the vehicle and used the depreciation. I find this vehicle much better to work with than my (prior) Ford F-150 since the van is equipped with full bins package and ladder racks (currently off), making it a lot easier to carry supplies for routine and ongoing property maintenance. And you stay dry on days like yesterday... when you are looking through the plumbing parts bin for a #6 "O" ring.

    ... and yes I do have other cars...

  • Investor · Groves, TX · Member since 2009 · 44 posts · 25 votes
    15y

    I mostly drive a 2004 ford ranger with 140,000 miles. It has been a great truck and I will not be getting rid of any time soon. I will have a hard time ever paying a car note again.

    I also have an older corvette that I am currently in the process of selling. I bought this car before I started buying real estate. Now all I see is a rent property rolling around on four wheels.

  • Investor · Atkinson, NH · Member since 2010 · 36 posts · 27 votes
    15y

    A 2008 Audi S6 with a V10 engine. You only live once...

    Even used the car cost more than some of the SFH on this site.

    Financially not the best decision, it could be a downpayment on another house, but given the choice I would not change a thing.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    The truck in my original post is owned by my s-corp. It is what I drive daily...everyday I'm doing something or another for my properties or brokerage.

    I just can't see spending much money on vehicles when they depreciate. I'd much rather put the money to a use which earns a return. It just makes financial sense. I would never take out a loan on a car. That's a double negative! Paying interest on something that depreciates.

  • Specialist · MA · Member since 2009 · 858 posts · 306 votes
    15y

    3 kids under 7 years

    2003 Honda Odyssey - Leather, heated seats, DVD player...

    Mommobile and I LOVE IT. Paid for and we bought off a salvage lot with 38,000 miles 4 years ago for $10,000 and put $3000 into it.

    I HATE WASTING MONEY

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    H2 HUMMER SUT my third one. I can make my own parking place. And sellers love seeing it...

  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2009 · 405 posts · 160 votes
    15y

    Choice of three:
    '97 F-150 Extended Cab
    '05 Acura TL
    '07 Honda CR-V

    I generally drive the CR-V to/from work since it uses regular gas and gets the best mileage in town. It's good for light hauling too, you can pile get a lot into that thing.

    The TL is the wife's car, but we'll switch from time to time. If we're doing a road trip, it's the TL for sure, excellent road car.

    The F-150 is used to tow a boat and all the other heavy work. Picked up a car hauler for it as well. Built a removable 'box' for the car hauler and it works great for picking up bulk mulch, dirt etc. Just recently mulched around our property, took 7 yards of mulch, could probably use another yard or two still. The trailer with box on it came in real handy for the mulching job.

    All vehicles except the F-150 we bought new with cash. The F-150 I picked up for $5K a couple years ago. Bought from original owner, had 67K miles on it and was in perfect condition, couldn't pass that up.

  • Commercial Loan Officer · Southern Maine, ME · Member since 2009 · 782 posts · 415 votes
    15y

    2003 Chevy Blazer with 32K miles on it, no joke. Working from a home office means I don't drive all that much, and since it's barely broken in, there's no need to throw money away just to get something newer.

    I will say that I'm impressed with this thread. To be honest, I really thought I'd see a lot more higher-end vehicles listed, but most of us drive practical cars/trucks. Very cool!

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    The Millionaire Next Door talks about wealthy people tending to drive cars/trucks that cost less per pound. They drive domestics more than imports, bigger vehicles rather than smaller vehicles, and the number one millionaire vehicle is the Ford F-150 P/U.

  • Engineer · Bel Air, MD · Member since 2009 · 136 posts · 24 votes
    15y

    ^^^^^

    Most millionaires pay cash for there vechiles and are a few years old as well. I think its a great book really so far.

  • Real Estate Investor · Pickerington, OH · Member since 2009 · 38 posts · 11 votes
    15y

    1999 Dodge RAM 4x4 for Rehabs/Winter

    2002 Ducati Monster as my daily commuter

  • Sharad M.Pro Member
    Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I drive whatever car AVIS has available for me. The cheapest parking by my place is $275/month and living in the city insurance is expensive, so it actually is more economical for me to use a rental car.

    The only time I need a car is to go check on my rental properties or look for a new property to buy. For running errands, groceries, I don't need a car because I live in downtown Chicago and everything is within walking distance. The rental car place is within walking distance also, so I get to drive a different car every week.

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 852 votes
    15y

    I am lovin all of the car talk on BP today! I currently drive a 2007 Jeep Wranlger 4 door. I LOVE it. Previously, I had a Hummer H1.(as you would see in other car post today!) I like my jeep much more, other than the WOW factor that the Hummer had. I chose the Jeep because I could ad a third row seat and make it an 8 passenger vehicle for my kids. We have tons of fun, I take it on trips, and off road. The kids love that I can take off the doors and the top in the summer too.
    As for the toys, I have had a corvette show car sitiing in our industrial space for the past 10 years! all I do is move it from bay to bay as I get more tenants. My goal is to sell that in the next 24 months, and purchase a Bentley Continental GT. I know it is not millionaire next door style, but I plan on getting a steal on one from someone that cant afford it anymore, and paying cash. Maybe not the most practical decision I will ever make, but you gotta live too!

  • Jared RineBusiness Member
    Lender · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 277 votes
    15y

    This is a cool thread, and like someone said above, I'm impressed about the practicality and frugality of most members...I drive a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT, 140K miles on it, been paid off since 07, will drive it til it explodes...but am looking at getting something newer in the meantime, after closing some deals..

    Jared Rine United Lending Partners53 Reviews
    View Page
  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 328 posts · 182 votes
    15y

    Just traded in my 2004 F150 for a 2006 BMW 330i this last weekend. The fuel was costing a fortune and I don't need a truck as I have contractors get all materials. Plus I like all the nice things the bimmer has and how fun it is to drive (got the 6 speed manual).

  • Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 689 votes
    15y

    I drive a 2007 Ford F150 for the LLC as my daily. My passat VR6 30 valve engine died when the timing went out. Of course, right after I paid it off :-( The wagon was nice because of the cargo room, and the exceptional VW tuning. My wife has the VR6 sedan, so I get my speed fix from time to time. Wish I had a car for when I don't need my truck. The F150 is only getting 12 MPG... Came with 90K miles, full ladder rack, and side tool boxes. $6500. Wish it was crew cab... but I'll deal

  • Involved In Real Estate · Hyattsville , MD · Member since 2011 · 298 posts · 256 votes
    15y

    Rob,
    I think I maybe in love with you. Send me pictures of the Bentley when you get it. Thats my dream car, I literally scream and act crazy when one passes me :lol:
  • Real Estate Investor · Dearborn, MI · Member since 2009 · 56 posts · 40 votes
    15y

    Great thread....

    94' Aerostar with holes in every part of the exhuast system :D including tires that need to be filled up almost every 2 days.

    The wife drives 07' town and country SWB no add ons

    As for the toys:

    1987 Rx-7
    1990 Lincoln (not really a toy just another car)

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I drive an '01 Silverado...has almost 200k miles now. I'll drive it until the wheels fall off if I can.

    We bought a used Trailblazer for the baby mobile recently. I think it is an '04 model, but I honestly don't know. It is currently at around 140k miles. We traded my wife's '00 Civic for it for a net of -$3k or so.

  • Real Estate Investor · Portage, MI · Member since 2010 · 470 posts · 315 votes
    15y

    2007 GMC PU complete w/ladder rack! Just got our 2000 BMW M-Roadster (Bought new in 1999) out for the summer. '63 Nova SS to local car shows and last (and yes...least) '84 20TH Aniversarry GT-350 Mustang Convt. that I took on trade for a condo. Anyone want to buy it....cheap! :D

    Almost forgot...our most fun...pair of Wilderness Systems Kayaks!

  • Real Estate Investor · NY · Member since 2008 · 313 posts · 87 votes
    15y

    Have a 02 Chevy Trailblazer with 140k -had this one for 6yrs never had a problem.
    Also have a 98 e250 extended cargo van- has 190k owned for about a year a great car as well

  • Real Estate Investor · Mobile, AL · Member since 2010 · 46 posts · 2 votes
    15y

    2004 Toyota Tundra- comes in handy on rehabs and any repairs needing to be made on the rental house, just wish it got better gas mileage!!

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2009 · 46 posts · 22 votes
    15y

    My daily driver is a 2000 Saab 9-3. Turbo performance, fun to drive, hatchback versatility, and 29 MPG is hard to beat. For landlording duties and the occassional rehab and winter use, I have a 1991 Silverado with 203K miles and still going strong. I hope that truck never dies. If I need to haul a buyer around, I'll borrow my wife's 2008 Torrent.

  • Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 671 votes
    15y

    We have
    2x 2009Dodge RAM 1500 4x4s, 1998 Chevy S10, and a 2004 Toyota Landcrusier.

    I really want a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 396 if I have a good year!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.