What do you drive?

What do you drive?

Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Related to the "Car Enthusiasts" thread. What vehicle(s) do you drive now and why was it your choice?

0Reply
136 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
15y

<-----

See this reply in the discussion

98 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Heathrow, FL · Member since 2011 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    2006 BMW 325i
    2008 GSX-R 1000

    Next car:
    2011 Audi S5
    or
    2011 Benz E550 Coupe

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2011 · 72 posts · 18 votes
    15y

    '03 TAHOE Z71 PAID CASH 112K
    DD 95 ACCORD GIFT FROM IN LAWS 180K
    96 DODGE RAM 1500 7.5FT MEYERS PLOW SETUP 179K

    I REALLY WANT THE '11 BMW 760 AND '10 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 GUNMETAL GREY BLACK RACING STRIPES RED PINSTRIPES!!!

  • Wholesaler · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2011 · 73 posts · 17 votes
    15y

    I'm rolling in a 2007 Audi S5 V8 sipping on $4.28/gal Premium Gas...lol

    I also Have a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T for the Misses sipping on the same $4.28/gal Premium Gas....lol

    Looking to pick up a GSX-R 1000 in the next few days liking the sound of 50 MPG and Single HOV Riding in heavy traffic.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    I drive a 1993 Oldsmobile royale with 98k miles that i got from an old lady for cash.

    and im currently Looking for the same situation but with a 4 cylinder foreign car.

    My dream car is a lambo but it will be twenty years before that makes any sense to buy. Gotta get both boys in college first.

  • New Bedford, MA · Member since 2011 · 34 posts · 7 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Tod Radford:
    I was thinking about a similar topic inspired by the Millionaire Next Door thread. I was wondering what type of car and how long did you finance, or lease.

    Years ago, I always felt the desire to have something "new". After reading The Millionaire Next Door, I completely changed my outlook on money. I became much more frugal and truly realized that wealth is not about what you spend, but what you accumulate. The last car I bought was a 2000 Acura 3.2 TL ... I purchased it in April '05, paid it off in August '09, and I plan on keeping it as long as possible (220K miles on it now).

  • Investor · Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 495 votes
    15y

    I drive a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport and a 2002 Honda CRV depending on what I am doing. The jeep is great for towing and can hold a lot of tools and materials inside where they are safe. The Honda gets much better gas mileage and is a real trooper even it it looks a little girly! Both vehicles handle well in Michigan Winters. I am starting to think about getting a little Summer beater like a VW or Toyota that does better on gas. Also-after driving 4 wheel drives for so long cars are a blast. I actually sold cars for 18 years and never had to own one as I was given a brand new demmo to drive every 6 months or so. To me a vehicle is just a necessary evil to get you from point A to point B. The thing I like the best about my current vehicles is that they are paid for!

  • Investor · Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 495 votes
    15y

    We bought a used Trailblazer for the baby mobile recently. I think it is an '04 model, but I honestly don't know. It is currently at around 140k miles. We traded my wife's '00 Civic for it for a net of -$3k or so.

    You should have kept the Civic as it will do way better on gas and not need nearly as much up keep as the Trailblazer :wink:

  • Investor · corpus christi, TX · Member since 2010 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    15y

    topic is a bit old but hey..

    i drive an 03 trailblazer paid cash.. nice to see other investors have the same ride.. want to get an 05 or newer frontier 4x4 for hauling and the beach, but can't find the price i like.. also ride an 07 kymco people S 250 scooter that gets 55-60mpg also paid in cash..

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 263 posts · 147 votes
    15y

    1989 Jaguar Vanden Plas (black with magnolia interior)

    My first job in London was selling Jag's and I got married in 1989 - so when I saw this advertised I thought it would be fun. Plus it was the last year they were actually made in England. The only downside is that it get's vapor lock (known fault with the model year) when the outside temp goes above 90. So it stalls and I have to wait for the fuel to cool off! That can be frustratiing as I live in FL and it is 90+ for 30% of the year. We call it the Ice Princess - because on a trip to GA last summer it stalled and I stacked some ice against the fuel tank.. not in the driver's manual - but it worked.

    I also have a Suburban and a Civic as a back up if it gets too hot outside. They're not as much fun to drive - but they are much more reliable - plus when I lived in Colorado the Suburban goes where no other SUV can go!

    TTFN,

    Greg

  • Contractor · Arcade, NY · Member since 2011 · 44 posts · 31 votes
    15y

    I started out driving mostly foreign cars, but I now seem to gravitate to fords. I have an 07 Taurus with 130k and a 2010 fusion. Both run great. I almost bought a BMW right before I settled on the fusion, but something about plunking down $40k on a car just didn't sit right.

    It's not a car, but I also have an 83 Harley FLT for putting around.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2010 · 122 posts · 32 votes
    15y

    2003 Monte Carlo ! Chevy All The Way !!!

  • Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2011 · 683 posts · 191 votes
    15y

    2005 Mazda Tribute. Bought new and paid cash. Actually, they were offering 1K off if you financed it with them so I did. I got the coupon book a few weeks later and sent a check to pay the car off in full. My kid has my old car (2000 Mazda Tribute). Also have a 1998 Dodge Ram for business and a 1996 Jeep wrangler for fun. Haven't had a car payment since my late 20's. Don't ask me about my husband's 60K+ car....

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Alright Cheryl, please tell us what $60K car your husband is driving. I'm sure you've explained how much cash flow he could generate with $60k ; )

    Good tactic with paying off Mazda finance!

  • Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2011 · 103 posts · 22 votes
    15y

    My baby is a 1979 Mercedes 450SL. Bought it from a lady after her father had passed, he was the first and only owner of the car. Apparently only drove it on weekends when it rained, so he never had to wash it.

    It had sat without being touched for about six years, so it wouldn't start. She was convinced it was completely dead and worth nothing, even though it only had 65,000 miles on it! I bought it from her for $2,000, put another $3,000 worth of a battery, spark plugs, and some miscellaneous cleaning and tuning into it. Drives great, the thing is a boat.

    It only gets eight miles per gallon, so I keep from driving it whenever possible, but there's some days (like today) that it's just perfect to put the top down and go for a cruise.

    The thing is a tank. It has no airbags, and only meets requirements to be usable in a few states because of different emissions or safety laws, but its safe. If I get in a crash, I'm going straight through the other car.

    I feel that there was a time in the mid-seventies where the Germans asked how they could make their cars better. The answer apparently was to make it heavier and more powerful.

    Oh, and it's royal blue.

  • Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2011 · 683 posts · 191 votes
    15y

    Jon,

    My husband's car is an infinity something. We've had the "discussion" for years. It's important to him to have a cool car and a new one every 2 yrs...it's all I can do to prevent another boat purchase!

  • Real Estate Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2011 · 55 posts · 3 votes
    15y

    Honda civic 2001 with 150000 miles and the second car: Ford econoline Van V8 with 205119 miles :))

  • Real Estate Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2011 · 119 posts · 59 votes
    15y

    I notice a lot of you have a truck, I often wondered how useful a truck would be in this business but I can't justify the gas guzzling aspect, how useful is a truck for you who own one?

  • Rental Property Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2011 · 105 posts · 24 votes
    15y

    I do the majority of my own rehab work, so my truck (07 GMC 2500 diesel, paid off) is a necessity. Always making a HD or Lowes trip for something. Besides, I need it to pull the camper and the boat.

    Wife's car is a 08 Malibu.

  • Member since 2009 · 38 posts · 3 votes
    15y

    Wife and I have '96 Civic with broken odometer and '05 Scion tC, both paid for. Looking to get a truck soon - cutting drywall in home depot parking lot so it will fit in Scion is getting a little old :). We also have a baby coming in November so will be looking to get her a 4 door (both are 2 doors).

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    I don't think I have replied to this thread, so here goes.

    09 Chrysler 300 hemi- Bought new WITH loan 4 addtl credit entry

    98 Dodge v10 truck to pull 5th wheel-pd cash

    94 Pontiac Firehawk with over 400 HP- pd cash

    08 Kia sportage, wifes' daily driver-pd cash

    05 Customized Dodge Viper convertible with Hennessey high performance package. Bought used with 800 miles, and the customization already completed. 200 mile per hour car.pd cash

    I know. It's stupid to have 5 cars for 2 drivers. I've heard that from wifey for long time. Shipping 3 and driving 2 for the upcoming 2700 mile move. Yuk. Rich

  • Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2011 · 103 posts · 22 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Jim Stardust:
    I notice a lot of you have a truck, I often wondered how useful a truck would be in this business but I can't justify the gas guzzling aspect, how useful is a truck for you who own one?

    Jim, New trucks these days are surprisingly fuel-efficient. Especially if you look into the new ones like the big Ford F150 Super-ultra-titanium-duty ones that have variable-cylinder engines and whatnot.
  • Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2010 · 628 posts · 251 votes
    15y

    My wife and I enjoy a pair of Chevy LTZ's. One is a Tahoe the other is an extended cab. Both are 08's; the Tahoe was purchased new and the Pickup just a few months ago with 27k on the odometer. We Bought the Tahoe to keep from spending a lot of money on a Durango. We ended up selling the Durango to a freind and spent the money anyway. Being nice cost me about $50k. But, now the wife and her freind are happy. Both vehicles will be paid for in a couple of years.
    We use them to pull our 24ft pontoon, the 16' fishing boat, and the 28' camper. Life would be complete with a couple of ATV 4x4.
    We are thinking about doing the traveling thing when I hang up the 40 hr (recently 60 or more) gig. I might need a bigger camper and PU then.

    Don

  • Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2011 · 103 posts · 22 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Don Hines:
    My wife and I enjoy a pair of Chevy LTZ's. One is a Tahoe the other is an extended cab. Both are 08's; the Tahoe was purchased new and the Pickup just a few months ago with 27k on the odometer. We Bought the Tahoe to keep from spending a lot of money on a Durango. We ended up selling the Durango to a freind and spent the money anyway. Being nice cost me about $50k. But, now the wife and her freind are happy. Both vehicles will be paid for in a couple of years.
    We use them to pull our 24ft pontoon, the 16' fishing boat, and the 28' camper. Life would be complete with a couple of ATV 4x4.
    We are thinking about doing the traveling thing when I hang up the 40 hr (recently 60 or more) gig. I might need a bigger camper and PU then.

    Don

    I've always heard, "Happy wife, happy life!"

    Hope that happiness is worth the 50k, that's a down payment or two depending on what you are looking for :wink:

  • Member since 2011 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    The problem with that is they get used to being happy...and they then always expect to be happy...and before you know it you can't keep them happy.

    I mean how many times can you lose 50k in an effort to keep the Wifey happy?

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2011 · 956 posts · 510 votes
    15y

    Jeep Cherokee 2000----140,000miles ,runs like new, carries all my stuff to transport,including queen size futon. never worry about wheather,rain sleet snow, sun, all the same . Love it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.