Gauging interest in a San Francisco Quarterly Meetup

Gauging interest in a San Francisco Quarterly Meetup

Wholetailer & Architect · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 544 posts · 298 votes

It seems like we have a lot of awesome investors and people interested in investing in our great city. There are meetups in surrounding areas but who would be interested in meeting at a bar after work in the city during a weeknight? No speaker or sales pitches just networking and bouncing ideas off each other?

I'm also  interested in starting a monthly mastermind meetup. So let me know if you are interested in that too.

5Reply
265 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 118 posts · 90 votes
9y

Hey @Sean Walton yes, I'd totally be down for something like that. I live and work in the city, so long as it's somewhere in the city I can likely make it. We may want to pick a location that's relatively close to Bart or some public transportation to make it accessible for other folks in the area. I'll also shoot you a colleague request so we can connect!

See this reply in the discussion

114 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Yes, I'm interested in both perhaps but definitely the meetup. I do travel a lot so hopefully I'll be in town when they are held. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 118 posts · 90 votes
    9y

    Hey @Sean Walton yes, I'd totally be down for something like that. I live and work in the city, so long as it's somewhere in the city I can likely make it. We may want to pick a location that's relatively close to Bart or some public transportation to make it accessible for other folks in the area. I'll also shoot you a colleague request so we can connect!

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Sounds like a great idea. I am interested.

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Keep me posted too.   I'd even be open to lunch.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    I'm definitely interested.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 730 posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Interested as well. If possible, something in SOMA close to the bridge so us Oakland folks can make it out there easier
  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I'd be very interested as well. Please count me in!

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I'd be interested. A monthly or quarterly event would be great.

  • Wholetailer & Architect · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 544 posts · 298 votes
    9y
    Great! I will try and find something close to BART and possibly in SoMa but parking maybe challenging with that overlap
  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Adding myself to the thread to be sure I don't miss what you come up with, @Sean Walton. I second Saj's recommendation. If you are thinking weekends, then, yes, close to a BART line to make it easy for East Bayers to join as well would be great. Thanks!

  • Ori SklootPro Member
    Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2016 · 242 posts · 304 votes
    9y

    another East Bay vote. Agree with above. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 306 posts · 205 votes
    9y

    I'm interested as well!

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Count me in too. Just finished my first renovation and am looking for my next project. Probably in the east bay. Near SOMA sounds like a great location. 

  • Daly City, CA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    I am interested in one as well.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    I'm definitely interested as well!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Count me in - I'm all for SOMA as well!

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    I am in for SF

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    9y

    Hi All,

    I use to host a meetup in SF but these days @J. Martin and @Ryder Meehan have meetups in SF regularly. Check them out if you're looking for other groups as well! They can be found on meetup.com. Hardest part for me for the SF meetup was securing a location. Good luck in getting this off the ground!

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 201 posts · 95 votes
    9y

    Great idea, I would love to see more REI Meetups in SF proper. As @Johnson H. so kindly mentioned I organize a REI Meetup in SF specifically for investing remotely outside the Bay Area. We usually have a formal topic presentation followed by networking at a bar, it's good times for all. Our next event is 3/30 on the topic of buying real estate using IRA/401K funds:

    https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Real-Estate-Investing-Out-of-State/

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Adding myself here, definitely interested!
  • Real Estate Broker · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 50 votes
    9y

    Hi Sean,

    I'd be interested as well. I'm just about to close on my first multi-unit property in the east bay and would love to connect with other investors and possible partners for future projects. I can probably help out with nailing down a venue for a meet-up, too.

    Ed

  • Investor · Pleasanton, CA · Member since 2015 · 87 posts · 16 votes
    9y
    Interested
  • Wholetailer & Architect · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 544 posts · 298 votes
    9y

    @Andy A., @Eduardo Zepeda, @Brite Zhou@Ryder Meehan, @Johnson H., @Alok Jain@Puran Zach Grewal, @Samir Pathak, @Alex Chau, @Adam London, @Ariel Smith@Ori Skloot, @Andrew Muff, @Account Closed

    Thanks for all the interest. It seemed like people prefer SoMa and Natoma Cabana has a lot of space. Hopefully it won't be too loud but since this is more one on one networking no presentation that should be fine. Let me know with the doodle pool what days work for you and feel free to invite others. If you can' make it this time we can try and change up the venue and time to accommodate more people. http://doodle.com/poll/spz6xevgv5crrkty

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Hello all, I'm fairly new to the Forum but have been listening to the podcast for some time now.  I'm a local SF investor and seriously excited about the idea of an ongoing meetup.  Ditto on something close to BART..

  • Real Estate Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Sean Walton I am an aspiring investor from San Francisco as well and would definitely love to get together with other investors to kick around RE ideas...put me down!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.