Is BiggerPockets for Quitters?

Is BiggerPockets for Quitters?

Scott TrenchPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes

** Of Jobs**

Having snagged your attention there, I'll rephrase:

How many of you out there have quit your jobs because of inspiration from BiggerPockets?

I know I'm one of them... though I was only a quitter for a few weeks ;) @Joshua D. 

I'd love to hear some inspiring stories from everybody!

2Reply
64 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
11y

@Scott Trench

Rich dad poor dad ruined my job for me..  Discovering bigger pockets helped seal the deal!  The countdown has begun!!

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Twice :) Then I discovered "exponential growth" and "compound interest" and decided I'd rather not live off my cash flow! 

  • Project Engineer · Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    @Scott Trench I hope to be a quitter sooner rather than later!  I would love nothing more.  Heck, I wouldn't mind being a "changer", i.e. getting out of my current situation and into real estate full time, even with a J.O.B..  I love what @Brandon Turner says about keeping your day job and rolling all earnings from REI right back into your business. Makes a lot of sense as well.

    I'm sure you're going to get some great responses on this one!

  • Project Engineer · Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    @Brandon Turner Right on cue.....haha.  Perfect timing.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    I quit my job to start BiggerPockets -- does that help, @Scott Trench ?

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Not gonna lie I clicked on this wondering what disgruntled forum member was stirring up drama... Well played!

  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    @Scott Trench

    Rich dad poor dad ruined my job for me..  Discovering bigger pockets helped seal the deal!  The countdown has begun!!

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    @Ryan Dossey Who says I wasn't? ;)

  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    11y

    I just found out my job isn't going to renew my contract, so not just for quitters.

    @Joshua D. 

     you sly dog, best comment on the thread

  • Investor · Greenwell Springs, LA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Absolutely not!  Bigger pockets provides a means to amplify the income from the career I work so hard to succeed in.  It allows me to stay in a field I enjoy without worrying about the "grass is greener" mentality that sometimes plagues job hoppers-

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    With that evocative title, I was expecting this to be another @Ben Leybovich "I am bored" thread

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Why do I get blamed for everything around here, @Roy N. ?

  • Investor · Beavercreek, OH · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    I'm a Quitter!!! I LOVE Bigger Pockets!!! I've been in Real Estate for 1 year and 4 months now, and loving it!!!  Enough Said!!! lol

  • Investor · Beavercreek, OH · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    @Ben Leybovich didn't I meet you at a Investor meeting in Beavercreek at Logan's Restaurant several months back?? Pretty sure we did, you need to come back for another meeting, would love to see you again!!

    Sondra

  • Investor · Sunnyside, NY · Member since 2014 · 355 posts · 114 votes
    11y

    I like my day job for the most part. Not saying I don't have the occasional day when I do dream of quitting it but for the most part I get to earn a steady paycheck while ploughing money into my investments (property and otherwise).

    For now, I'm not a quitter. But I am a believer!

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Sondra Mckibben - yep, I think I remember.  @Darrin Carey When is the next one?

  • Investor · Peachtree Corners, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Roy N.:

    With that evocative title, I was expecting this to be another @Ben Leybovich "I am bored" thread

     So did I!

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Roy N. , @Cal C. - C'mon, guys.  What did I do?  How come I get blamed for all of the nonsense around here?

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich:

    @Roy N. , @Cal C. - C'mon, guys.  What did I do?  How come I get blamed for all of the nonsense around here?

     Oh yes, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

  • Investor · Beavercreek, OH · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    @Ben Leybovich our next meeting is the 9th of March at 6pm at Logan's.  We just had one this past Monday.  Also are you still looking for multi units?

  • Darrin CareyPro Member
    Lender · Dayton, OH · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 705 votes
    11y

    @Sondra Mckibben got it @Ben Leybovich . We've settled in on the second Monday of each month. Maybe @Engelo Rumora will come down from Toledo again, and we can get more of the Cincinnati people up.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Miamisburg, OH · Member since 2014 · 161 posts · 64 votes
    11y

    @Darrin Carey @Sondra Mckibben @Ben Leybovich I want to make it to another meet as well.  Life has been crazy lately....real job, attempting to "manage" a flip and dealing with a 5 month old!  Hopefully the flip will be ready for market in a week or so!

  • Investor · Beavercreek, OH · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    @Tim G. Hey well congratulations on your first flip and you winding up on your 2nd one as well!!!  That is  a great accomplishment!!  Very Happy for you!!  I hope you are able to make time for our March 9th meeting, we would love to see you and hear all about your rehabs, please bring pics to share, I would love to see them!!!  Talk soon

    Sondra

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    @Ben Leybovich Slow clap..

  • Investor/Syndicator · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 470 posts · 599 votes
    11y

    The last "job" I had I was 17. So BP didn't help me quit my job, it helped me never get one! I have said it before I will say it again with out BP I would probably be bankrupt or in jail haha. 

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    It has been almost 6 months since I quit my job! I had about 25% of my properties in the 2+ years before BP, doubled that to 50% in the first 9 months of finding BP, and have almost doubled it again in the 9 months since doing REI full time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.