Looking for Honest Feedback on The FlipStress

Looking for Honest Feedback on The FlipStress

Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 18 votes

Hi All, 

I am new to real estate investing and am looking for ways to help help me expand my knowledge and experience in the business as I look to grow my portfolio (currently have two properties, one ground-up, one flip & rent, both totaling 5 rental units). I Have been greatly enticed by The Flipstress, but can't help but think it's a scam??? I get super paranoid about these things, especially when there is a lot of money involved. It's either a great investment, or a complete scam. But I wanted to get some honest feedback of people who have experience with her program, or know people in it. 


Thanks!

4Reply
873 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 21 votes
3y
Quote from @Evans Debeza:

Hi All, 

I am new to real estate investing and am looking for ways to help help me expand my knowledge and experience in the business as I look to grow my portfolio (currently have two properties, one ground-up, one flip & rent, both totaling 5 rental units). I Have been greatly enticed by The Flipstress, but can't help but think it's a scam??? I get super paranoid about these things, especially when there is a lot of money involved. It's either a great investment, or a complete scam. But I wanted to get some honest feedback of people who have experience with her program, or know people in it. 


Thanks!

I joined the program in November of 2022 after doing a zoom meeting with the sales team. I told her, I only need to make $50k this year, and she was like, that will be "easy." I figured a $8k investment was no issue if it was going to be easy to make $50 within the year. That was not the case.

I agree with @Tara Charlton that the basic information is useful, but I too, got the most value from connecting locally with my REI meetup groups. I also agree that the "coaching" is not great and there is no space to critique the concepts or express any form of dissent. There is a lot of throwing your questions back in your face and what felt like yelling through the keyboard. She appears so dang cool and friendly on the podcast, but my feelings were genuinely hurt on multiple occasions in the FB group by the coaches responses to my honest questions. I would have given them this feedback directly, but they are so defensive that I figured it wouldn't be received well and I'd be wasting my time.

Another woman connected with me via FB to get my opinion on the course and she told me that her salesperson said that all the women who go through the course are 100% successful. Yeah, nope. I think less than half of the FB group even posts at all. I can personally vouch for two other women in my city who were in the course. It's been nearly a year and neither one has bought a house. The one has been hustling hard just like I have, and the struggle is real. But, if you struggle in the group, you'll have your butt handed to you. If you're not successful, it has nothing to do with real estate in general, your specific market, or interest rates, or a small personal REI network, it's that YOU aren't doing enough. I had a couple other women from the group reach out to me and they felt the same way. I'm grateful that other real estate experts online can at least validate that real estate investing is being affected by current economic events.

Anyway, I do not recommend Debby DeBerry's program. I'm super sad that such a great idea and content is damaged by the quality of the leadership. But, I'm happy to help you in any way I can if you want to connect and talk!

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andy SabischPro Member
    Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2021 · 657 posts · 559 votes
    3y
    As you said, there are a ton of courses out there and all claim to have the magic potion that will ensure you are successful . . . with the support they all promise thrown in.  I will admit we got pulled into one and to be honest, found what we received through the Bigger Pockets network (tools, books, networking, etc.) far exceeded what we made many times for elsewhere.  You are ahead of most people that buy into the courses and mentors in that you have two properties and see it works.  Do you need a course costing $1,000's which could be put into another property?  That depends . . . do you need the motivation putting money on the line might bring?  Do you feel that putting the money in will force you to stay the course?  I can say in our case, it ticked me off tossing money away after getting information that was a one-size-fits-all that did not work as intended in my market, scripted coaching that again did not work for what we were looking to do and finally after getting a kiss off from the customer service group when I voiced my experience, I knew that we had wasted a good deal of money.  The courses / mentors rely on the success of a small percentage to show their programs work but you have to ask would they have been able to do it on their own for a fraction of what the program cost.

    I did not see a cost associated with the Flipstress program after doing a Google search - 95% of what came up was from the Flipstress program itself which would have me question how big it is and effective the program is on a wide scale.

    Before sending any money I would see if you can find anyone that has used the program and find out what it did for them.  Anyone can create a website and find a few students with killer deals to showcase but the question you asked is it worth the investment.
  • Investor · NC · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 14 votes
    3y

    Honest feedback.  I got into the program in 2019.  I was looking for a community that would support me through my nerves at getting started. It was a fairly good information base, but I found through trail and error that pieces were missing.  And because the information was not specific to my region, sometimes it was incorrect.  There was an expectation that you already had some sort of knowledge base. The support staff is quick to get upset at you for "dumb" questions, but not knowing what I was doing, I had dumb questions.   We were also not allowed to express frustrations, saying no negative talk was allowed.  

    The Facebook group of "flipsisters" that we were supposed to have access to for ever, got changed to only having access for a year after I had been a part for 2 years. 

    Access was just cut off.

    In addition, there was a section for private money lending, which is now locked away, unless you send your "deals" through the admin staff for them to review before sending it out to the other "flipsisters" private money lenders.  I lost those connections. I lost information I had been referencing for the flipping business as well.  I also found out later, that some women that were successful quickly, had perceived value- or were friends of the admin staff were allowed to remain in the original facebook group even after their year was up.  I guess you had to know someone to not be relegated to the alumni group (which is where the marginally successful or non-action takers were sent). The team mentality was touted buy not practiced. It kind of messed with the whole idea of women supporting women. I can only speak to my experience as I don't speak for the group.  

    I did learn, however, and I flipped a house successfully. Much of my success was due to joining my local REIA and getting to know the people doing flips in my area. I do not think I can recommend The Flipstress program. Even now, putting my honest opinion opens me up to being targeted with negative comments and being banned from the alumni group for not "supporting" the group.

    Get a Bigger pockets book on flipping and you will get the same information.  (I know because I bought that too) 

    In the end, I would not recommend it.  It is a beginners program and from the looks of it, you already have all of the information you would get in this course.  Put your money into the actual flip where it will make you a return. 



  • Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 21 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Evans Debeza:

    Hi All, 

    I am new to real estate investing and am looking for ways to help help me expand my knowledge and experience in the business as I look to grow my portfolio (currently have two properties, one ground-up, one flip & rent, both totaling 5 rental units). I Have been greatly enticed by The Flipstress, but can't help but think it's a scam??? I get super paranoid about these things, especially when there is a lot of money involved. It's either a great investment, or a complete scam. But I wanted to get some honest feedback of people who have experience with her program, or know people in it. 


    Thanks!

    I joined the program in November of 2022 after doing a zoom meeting with the sales team. I told her, I only need to make $50k this year, and she was like, that will be "easy." I figured a $8k investment was no issue if it was going to be easy to make $50 within the year. That was not the case.

    I agree with @Tara Charlton that the basic information is useful, but I too, got the most value from connecting locally with my REI meetup groups. I also agree that the "coaching" is not great and there is no space to critique the concepts or express any form of dissent. There is a lot of throwing your questions back in your face and what felt like yelling through the keyboard. She appears so dang cool and friendly on the podcast, but my feelings were genuinely hurt on multiple occasions in the FB group by the coaches responses to my honest questions. I would have given them this feedback directly, but they are so defensive that I figured it wouldn't be received well and I'd be wasting my time.

    Another woman connected with me via FB to get my opinion on the course and she told me that her salesperson said that all the women who go through the course are 100% successful. Yeah, nope. I think less than half of the FB group even posts at all. I can personally vouch for two other women in my city who were in the course. It's been nearly a year and neither one has bought a house. The one has been hustling hard just like I have, and the struggle is real. But, if you struggle in the group, you'll have your butt handed to you. If you're not successful, it has nothing to do with real estate in general, your specific market, or interest rates, or a small personal REI network, it's that YOU aren't doing enough. I had a couple other women from the group reach out to me and they felt the same way. I'm grateful that other real estate experts online can at least validate that real estate investing is being affected by current economic events.

    Anyway, I do not recommend Debby DeBerry's program. I'm super sad that such a great idea and content is damaged by the quality of the leadership. But, I'm happy to help you in any way I can if you want to connect and talk!

    • Investor · Winston, MO · Member since 2025 · 18 posts · 13 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ashley Daneman:
      Quote from @Evans Debeza:

      Hi All, 

      I am new to real estate investing and am looking for ways to help help me expand my knowledge and experience in the business as I look to grow my portfolio (currently have two properties, one ground-up, one flip & rent, both totaling 5 rental units). I Have been greatly enticed by The Flipstress, but can't help but think it's a scam??? I get super paranoid about these things, especially when there is a lot of money involved. It's either a great investment, or a complete scam. But I wanted to get some honest feedback of people who have experience with her program, or know people in it. 


      Thanks!

      I joined the program in November of 2022 after doing a zoom meeting with the sales team. I told her, I only need to make $50k this year, and she was like, that will be "easy." I figured a $8k investment was no issue if it was going to be easy to make $50 within the year. That was not the case.

      I agree with @Tara Charlton that the basic information is useful, but I too, got the most value from connecting locally with my REI meetup groups. I also agree that the "coaching" is not great and there is no space to critique the concepts or express any form of dissent. There is a lot of throwing your questions back in your face and what felt like yelling through the keyboard. She appears so dang cool and friendly on the podcast, but my feelings were genuinely hurt on multiple occasions in the FB group by the coaches responses to my honest questions. I would have given them this feedback directly, but they are so defensive that I figured it wouldn't be received well and I'd be wasting my time.

      Another woman connected with me via FB to get my opinion on the course and she told me that her salesperson said that all the women who go through the course are 100% successful. Yeah, nope. I think less than half of the FB group even posts at all. I can personally vouch for two other women in my city who were in the course. It's been nearly a year and neither one has bought a house. The one has been hustling hard just like I have, and the struggle is real. But, if you struggle in the group, you'll have your butt handed to you. If you're not successful, it has nothing to do with real estate in general, your specific market, or interest rates, or a small personal REI network, it's that YOU aren't doing enough. I had a couple other women from the group reach out to me and they felt the same way. I'm grateful that other real estate experts online can at least validate that real estate investing is being affected by current economic events.

      Anyway, I do not recommend Debby DeBerry's program. I'm super sad that such a great idea and content is damaged by the quality of the leadership. But, I'm happy to help you in any way I can if you want to connect and talk!


       Hi Ashley! 

      This post came up when I searched the Flipstress coaching program for getting feedback and a cost. I am new to flipping houses but have been a real estate investor for two years with my husband. Are you still flipping houses? I would love to connect and hear how you have done since leaving the coaching program.

      Micaila

    • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ashley Daneman:
      Quote from @Evans Debeza:

      Hi All, 

      I am new to real estate investing and am looking for ways to help help me expand my knowledge and experience in the business as I look to grow my portfolio (currently have two properties, one ground-up, one flip & rent, both totaling 5 rental units). I Have been greatly enticed by The Flipstress, but can't help but think it's a scam??? I get super paranoid about these things, especially when there is a lot of money involved. It's either a great investment, or a complete scam. But I wanted to get some honest feedback of people who have experience with her program, or know people in it. 


      Thanks!

      I joined the program in November of 2022 after doing a zoom meeting with the sales team. I told her, I only need to make $50k this year, and she was like, that will be "easy." I figured a $8k investment was no issue if it was going to be easy to make $50 within the year. That was not the case.

      I agree with @Tara Charlton that the basic information is useful, but I too, got the most value from connecting locally with my REI meetup groups. I also agree that the "coaching" is not great and there is no space to critique the concepts or express any form of dissent. There is a lot of throwing your questions back in your face and what felt like yelling through the keyboard. She appears so dang cool and friendly on the podcast, but my feelings were genuinely hurt on multiple occasions in the FB group by the coaches responses to my honest questions. I would have given them this feedback directly, but they are so defensive that I figured it wouldn't be received well and I'd be wasting my time.

      Another woman connected with me via FB to get my opinion on the course and she told me that her salesperson said that all the women who go through the course are 100% successful. Yeah, nope. I think less than half of the FB group even posts at all. I can personally vouch for two other women in my city who were in the course. It's been nearly a year and neither one has bought a house. The one has been hustling hard just like I have, and the struggle is real. But, if you struggle in the group, you'll have your butt handed to you. If you're not successful, it has nothing to do with real estate in general, your specific market, or interest rates, or a small personal REI network, it's that YOU aren't doing enough. I had a couple other women from the group reach out to me and they felt the same way. I'm grateful that other real estate experts online can at least validate that real estate investing is being affected by current economic events.

      Anyway, I do not recommend Debby DeBerry's program. I'm super sad that such a great idea and content is damaged by the quality of the leadership. But, I'm happy to help you in any way I can if you want to connect and talk!


       anyone who claims to have 100% success rate is BS - same as those offerings that say investors return  30-40% consistently. if that was the case blackrock would have bought them years ago.

      7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Look on Trust Pilot Flipstress, for reviews of that program. The training modules were fair to good. Sis was good and professional. I felt like she was a great Admin./Moderator. She answered questions in a polite professional way. You get lifetime access to the module.

    I had a similar experience with that program as everyone else on this thread. I see some of these posters fear retaliation from that program. I had that same feeling. I left a review of my experience and sure enough, got told I was the problem.

    It was sold and marketed to me as a facebook support group. A place to bring your struggles, questions and get support. When I got to the Flipstress facebook group, I quickly learned they wanted only positive success posts. I also made positive posts to adhere to their guidelines, but those were also turned off. My neutral questions were incorrectly misinterpreted as "negative" or "excuses". Debbie flips in an easy market. Prices are super low and cheap. Try that on the west coast, where a 600,000 home became a 500,000 home in only 7 months during our price correction. Here, prices were dropping 20,000 a month for a year, for a total of minus 100,000 and when I asked for advice about it, I was told I was making excuses. Tons of people saw that and private messaged me, asking if I was okay. They felt like I was not supported. Some of them messaged me to say be careful, as they felt I was being encouraged by the program to have a wreckless disregard and take a dicey flip gamble and lose money. Anyway, the program could have told me to just try another market, but no. I had to figure that out for myself all on my own. Here I am years later, 3 in escrow. Due to things I figured out on my own. It's going well.

    There is a saying out there. If you want others to speak highly of you, then treat them better. You don't get to narrate their story of their experience with you. If the program can treat people better, stop twisting things against negative reviewers and allow all posts, happy and sad, positive and negative, struggling and winning, then I will recommend it. If you are teaching people to swim, yes, you might LOVE the kids who get it right away and make you feel like a great teacher, BUT, if you are teaching students to swim, you don't ignore your drowning students! You put MORE love and work into them. You change your teaching technique. You don't attack drowning students or say they are making excuses. I am a teacher, so I gave an example. Like it? I am only saying because I care so much about the program that I want to see it improve to support the flipping struggles (also seens as negative) and I want the program to support the strugglers too!
  • Jose JacobPro Member
    Investor · 11040 · Member since 2019 · 186 posts · 111 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Evans Debeza:

    Hi All, 

    I am new to real estate investing and am looking for ways to help help me expand my knowledge and experience in the business as I look to grow my portfolio (currently have two properties, one ground-up, one flip & rent, both totaling 5 rental units). I Have been greatly enticed by The Flipstress, but can't help but think it's a scam??? I get super paranoid about these things, especially when there is a lot of money involved. It's either a great investment, or a complete scam. But I wanted to get some honest feedback of people who have experience with her program, or know people in it. 


    Thanks!

     I am not familiar with this particular GURU.  But one thing I tell you, these people make looot of money by selling courses and misleading people.  This is a HUGE business for them. And we are the victims.  Most of them are very misleading. They create some online content and a FB group with all the victims and some of their admin people and sell these courses (docs)  for a huge fee. 

    If you want to learn anything, there are ton of YouTube videos.  These courses are NOT any different than those videos, even they say they are.   Bigger Pocket is a very good platform to find people to help you. if you have half a million lying around, then I would say spend some money for these courses.  Otherwise, DON'T   Not worth it.  I was a victim of these GURUs not one time, more than once. 

  • Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 21 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Anne Doyle:
    Look on Trust Pilot Flipstress, for reviews of that program. The training modules were fair to good. Sis was good and professional. I felt like she was a great Admin./Moderator. She answered questions in a polite professional way. You get lifetime access to the module.

    I had a similar experience with that program as everyone else on this thread. I see some of these posters fear retaliation from that program. I had that same feeling. I left a review of my experience and sure enough, got told I was the problem.

    It was sold and marketed to me as a facebook support group. A place to bring your struggles, questions and get support. When I got to the Flipstress facebook group, I quickly learned they wanted only positive success posts. I also made positive posts to adhere to their guidelines, but those were also turned off. My neutral questions were incorrectly misinterpreted as "negative" or "excuses". Debbie flips in an easy market. Prices are super low and cheap. Try that on the west coast, where a 600,000 home became a 500,000 home in only 7 months during our price correction. Here, prices were dropping 20,000 a month for a year, for a total of minus 100,000 and when I asked for advice about it, I was told I was making excuses. Tons of people saw that and private messaged me, asking if I was okay. They felt like I was not supported. Some of them messaged me to say be careful, as they felt I was being encouraged by the program to have a wreckless disregard and take a dicey flip gamble and lose money. Anyway, the program could have told me to just try another market, but no. I had to figure that out for myself all on my own. Here I am years later, 3 in escrow. Due to things I figured out on my own. It's going well.

    There is a saying out there. If you want others to speak highly of you, then treat them better. You don't get to narrate their story of their experience with you. If the program can treat people better, stop twisting things against negative reviewers and allow all posts, happy and sad, positive and negative, struggling and winning, then I will recommend it. If you are teaching people to swim, yes, you might LOVE the kids who get it right away and make you feel like a great teacher, BUT, if you are teaching students to swim, you don't ignore your drowning students! You put MORE love and work into them. You change your teaching technique. You don't attack drowning students or say they are making excuses. I am a teacher, so I gave an example. Like it? I am only saying because I care so much about the program that I want to see it improve to support the flipping struggles (also seens as negative) and I want the program to support the strugglers too!
    Hi Anne,
    I'm so sorry you were treated this way. I just saw their reply to your review on TrustPilot and it's really sad (and rude!) the way they tried to discredit you. It's easy to see through their immature tactics. I was the first one to review them on TrustPilot a few months ago and they've clearly orchestrated a campaign to get a bunch of 5-star ratings on there, but we (and others) know the truth and I thank you for sharing yours here. I want to completely validate everything you said about the program.
  • Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 18 votes
    2y

    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I decided not to move forward with them, and thankful for that decision. Since my initial post, I have tapped into a lot of the free resources Big Pockets has to offer as well as reading some of their books which have helped me better understand the REI industry without forking up a significant financial burden, and have been able to move at my own pace with this learning journey.

  • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Evans Debeza:

    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I decided not to move forward with them, and thankful for that decision. Since my initial post, I have tapped into a lot of the free resources Big Pockets has to offer as well as reading some of their books which have helped me better understand the REI industry without forking up a significant financial burden, and have been able to move at my own pace with this learning journey.

    Didn't say to NOT go with them.

    You can do her trainings anytime, anywhere. Some calls are recorded so you can watch too. Those are great for learning.

    Just was saying the facebook group was not very supportive to me personally. Most people would give up after having a few posts turned off that didn't break any posted group rules, but I have something called persistence and perseverance, so I kept trying. I was a pain in the butt. Many of my posts, I was excited to ask and learn, but someone read into it in a negative way. They got someone in there, or had someone there, while I was there, that read into my posts in a really negative way. Karen would be the word.

    On the other hand, now that I AM FLIPPING houses,  I know that "questions" are exactly how property managers and contractors give you the run around, delay things, and make excuses. Amen. Right? You send an e-mail with the list of repairs, and suddenly the contractor, or manager, or whatever, replies with questions. You try to answer their questions as they slowly vanish, then after two weeks of emails back and forth, the contractor tells you they can't do it. Or you stop hearing from them. Or  nothing has been done. Grrrrr!

    When flipping and dealing with people I am paying, I don't want many questions or negativity. I cannot handle it. I need action. And people who are positive about moving forward. Action. Not talk. So I can totally understand not being able to handle negativity, and not wanting any of it whatsoever! However, if I were a teacher, GETTING PAID to help in a facebook group (which is what her program is), I would be very supportive and loving towards all my student struggles, questions and issues.

    My specific package was a big payment to her program. I was sold the emotional support of the group with lifetime access to the fbook group. Which I did not get. The trainings, however, were good.
  • Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 18 votes
    2y
    Anne, thanks for the reply. I understand this isn't exactly what you were pushing for. However, I didn't make my decision based on the feedback of this post, mainly because all the feedback has come WELL after I originally posted which was about a week before I decided not to move forward.

    I made my decision based on the fact that a) $5800 for a 90-day program was something I couldn't afford; b) $5800 for a 90-day program seemed VERY fishy/scam-y/pyramid-y to me; c) after scouring the internet for information, reviews, etc about the program, I found literally ZERO bad or less than 5-star reviews about it which - to me - is a massive red flag; no program, product or service is perfect, and the fact that they are making themselves appear as such really gave me a bad feeling about the program. I also found a website that scans/monitors other sites for legitimacy, and it flagged theirs as likely a scam; d) I know of a handful of investors in my area who didn't learn through a program like this, but through their own networks and education (through REI networking events, getting their RE license, property management, books, etc); e) I started exploring BP's free and affordable (i.e. books) resources, and it turns out, these have been immensely useful and educational and allow me to move at my own pace. 

    Essentially, all the comments I have received on this post have only reinforced my decision, and I am really glad I did not fork up $5800 for a program that really seems to bully a diminish all the women it claims to support, and I likely would have been part of that group. 

    Quote from @Anne Doyle:

    You can do her trainings anytime, anywhere. Some calls are recorded so you can watch too. Those are great for learning.

    Just was saying the facebook group was not very supportive to me personally. Most people would give up after having a few posts turned off that didn't break any posted group rules, but I have something called persistence and perseverance, so I kept trying. I was a pain in the butt. Many of my posts, I was excited to ask and learn, but someone read into it in a negative way. They got someone in there, or had someone there, while I was there, that read into my posts in a really negative way. Karen would be the word.

    On the other hand, now that I AM FLIPPING houses,  I know that "questions" are exactly how property managers and contractors give you the run around, delay things, and make excuses. Amen. Right? You send an e-mail with the list of repairs, and suddenly the contractor, or manager, or whatever, replies with questions. You try to answer their questions as they slowly vanish, then after two weeks of emails back and forth, the contractor tells you they can't do it. Or you stop hearing from them. Or  nothing has been done. Grrrrr!

    When flipping and dealing with people I am paying, I don't want many questions or negativity. I cannot handle it. I need action. And people who are positive about moving forward. Action. Not talk. So I can totally understand not being able to handle negativity, and not wanting any of it whatsoever! However, if I were a teacher, GETTING PAID to help in a facebook group (which is what her program is), I would be very supportive and loving towards all my student struggles, questions and issues.

    My specific package was a big payment to her program. I was sold the emotional support of the group with lifetime access to the fbook group. Which I did not get. The trainings, however, were good.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Peru - Kokomo, IN · Member since 2022 · 39 posts · 20 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tara C.:

    Honest feedback.  I got into the program in 2019.  I was looking for a community that would support me through my nerves at getting started. It was a fairly good information base, but I found through trail and error that pieces were missing.  And because the information was not specific to my region, sometimes it was incorrect.  There was an expectation that you already had some sort of knowledge base. The support staff is quick to get upset at you for "dumb" questions, but not knowing what I was doing, I had dumb questions.   We were also not allowed to express frustrations, saying no negative talk was allowed.  

    The Facebook group of "flipsisters" that we were supposed to have access to for ever, got changed to only having access for a year after I had been a part for 2 years. 

    Access was just cut off.

    In addition, there was a section for private money lending, which is now locked away, unless you send your "deals" through the admin staff for them to review before sending it out to the other "flipsisters" private money lenders.  I lost those connections. I lost information I had been referencing for the flipping business as well.  I also found out later, that some women that were successful quickly, had perceived value- or were friends of the admin staff were allowed to remain in the original facebook group even after their year was up.  I guess you had to know someone to not be relegated to the alumni group (which is where the marginally successful or non-action takers were sent). The team mentality was touted buy not practiced. It kind of messed with the whole idea of women supporting women. I can only speak to my experience as I don't speak for the group.  

    I did learn, however, and I flipped a house successfully. Much of my success was due to joining my local REIA and getting to know the people doing flips in my area. I do not think I can recommend The Flipstress program. Even now, putting my honest opinion opens me up to being targeted with negative comments and being banned from the alumni group for not "supporting" the group.

    Get a Bigger pockets book on flipping and you will get the same information.  (I know because I bought that too) 

    In the end, I would not recommend it.  It is a beginners program and from the looks of it, you already have all of the information you would get in this course.  Put your money into the actual flip where it will make you a return. 



    Tara, thank you for your honest opinion.  It's dumb that you would be outcast because it didn't work for you.  I listen to her podcasts.  I have often wondered how successful the program is.  I could just not allow myself to spend the $1000 to join into the "girl click" that she has established.  I also noticed that her podcasts changed a year or so ago.  She is no longer giving any tips, she is just interviewing.  She's more just advertising herself and her program.  I don't think she is out to actually help people.  She is out to make more money....Just my opinion, for what its worth. 

  • ME · Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 13 votes
    2y

    The best mentoring and knowledge acquisition system is from other investors in your area. Attend rea estate groups here and also on a site called Meetups com. Experienced investors are willing to share all the know for free! Find someone who is already doing what you aspire to do and network.

  • New to Real Estate · MI · Member since 2024 · 70 posts · 22 votes
    2y

    WoW! Thanks for sharing! Debbie & her group reached out to me last night via Facebook. I am currently sitting through her free webinar right now listening to all of this talk about doing "The Thing".  After 30 minutes of listening to Debbie, she still has not even mentioned "The Thing"!

    Son I got curious & decided to do a Google search on her reviews...... Not Good! I'm glad that other women are skeptical about her. Again, thanks for sharing. WoW! What a scam!!

  • Andy SabischPro Member
    Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2021 · 657 posts · 559 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Diane Chapman:

    WoW! Thanks for sharing! Debbie & her group reached out to me last night via Facebook. I am currently sitting through her free webinar right now listening to all of this talk about doing "The Thing".  After 30 minutes of listening to Debbie, she still has not even mentioned "The Thing"!

    Son I got curious & decided to do a Google search on her reviews...... Not Good! I'm glad that other women are skeptical about her. Again, thanks for sharing. WoW! What a scam!!


    Diane,

    There is a wealth of information out there at little to no cost.  The guru's that promise to teach you the secrets are often packaging generic information and selling it at phenomenal markup to people that want to get started but often do not have the resources to start and the fee they are charged simply puts them further behind.  Look for a local REIG, focus on your local market, start slow and find local investors that are willing to help you get started.  Bigger Pockets has a wealth of information and the forums get you even more information that can save you from making a mistake.  Good luck in your journey . . . remember slow and steady wins the race and the ones making teh money with many of the courses being hawked are the ones selling the courses (we can attest to that as we made that mistake initially ourselves).
  • New to Real Estate · MI · Member since 2024 · 70 posts · 22 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Andy Sabisch:
    Quote from @Diane Chapman:

    WoW! Thanks for sharing! Debbie & her group reached out to me last night via Facebook. I am currently sitting through her free webinar right now listening to all of this talk about doing "The Thing".  After 30 minutes of listening to Debbie, she still has not even mentioned "The Thing"!

    Son I got curious & decided to do a Google search on her reviews...... Not Good! I'm glad that other women are skeptical about her. Again, thanks for sharing. WoW! What a scam!!


    Diane,

    There is a wealth of information out there at little to no cost.  The guru's that promise to teach you the secrets are often packaging generic information and selling it at phenomenal markup to people that want to get started but often do not have the resources to start and the fee they are charged simply puts them further behind.  Look for a local REIG, focus on your local market, start slow and find local investors that are willing to help you get started.  Bigger Pockets has a wealth of information and the forums get you even more information that can save you from making a mistake.  Good luck in your journey . . . remember slow and steady wins the race and the ones making teh money with many of the courses being hawked are the ones selling the courses (we can attest to that as we made that mistake initially ourselves).
    Thank you for the strong, encouraging and helpful advice & suggestions!
  • New to Real Estate · MI · Member since 2024 · 70 posts · 22 votes
    2y

    Hi Evans, the "FlipStress" reached out to me on my Facebook page a few days ago 05/10/24.  I signed onto her online webinar 05/11/24. She talks about how One can be successful if they do "The Thing". However, one half hour into the webinar, the FlipStress still hadn't explained what "The Thing" is about. She mentions "The Thing" all throughout the webinar.

    Well anyway, my curiosity got the best of me so I googled Ms Debbie, "The FlipStress".  Her reviews were not good.  I suspected she was a scam; I just needed to know if others felt that way too!

  • Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 18 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Diane Chapman:

    Hi Evans, the "FlipStress" reached out to me on my Facebook page a few days ago 05/10/24.  I signed onto her online webinar 05/11/24. She talks about how One can be successful if they do "The Thing". However, one half hour into the webinar, the FlipStress still hadn't explained what "The Thing" is about. She mentions "The Thing" all throughout the webinar.

    Well anyway, my curiosity got the best of me so I googled Ms Debbie, "The FlipStress".  Her reviews were not good.  I suspected she was a scam; I just needed to know if others felt that way too!


     Hi Diane, thanks for the input! Glad to hear there are finally reviews out there that are not positive. When I was looking into them further about 10 months ago when I originally posted, I couldn't find anything. 

  • North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Andy Sabisch:
    As you said, there are a ton of courses out there and all claim to have the magic potion that will ensure you are successful . . . with the support they all promise thrown in.  I will admit we got pulled into one and to be honest, found what we received through the Bigger Pockets network (tools, books, networking, etc.) far exceeded what we made many times for elsewhere.  You are ahead of most people that buy into the courses and mentors in that you have two properties and see it works.  Do you need a course costing $1,000's which could be put into another property?  That depends . . . do you need the motivation putting money on the line might bring?  Do you feel that putting the money in will force you to stay the course?  I can say in our case, it ticked me off tossing money away after getting information that was a one-size-fits-all that did not work as intended in my market, scripted coaching that again did not work for what we were looking to do and finally after getting a kiss off from the customer service group when I voiced my experience, I knew that we had wasted a good deal of money.  The courses / mentors rely on the success of a small percentage to show their programs work but you have to ask would they have been able to do it on their own for a fraction of what the program cost.

    I did not see a cost associated with the Flipstress program after doing a Google search - 95% of what came up was from the Flipstress program itself which would have me question how big it is and effective the program is on a wide scale.

    Before sending any money I would see if you can find anyone that has used the program and find out what it did for them.  Anyone can create a website and find a few students with killer deals to showcase but the question you asked is it worth the investment.

     I found a review of the Flipstress on TrustPilot from a client, Ashley Daneman, mentioning an $8000.00 investment.

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi everyone, my name is Chiara and I came across this forum while googling on the Flipstress program and your comments are really valuable to me. I will have a zoom call with them today and will still listen their proposal but thanks to you all, I see there may be different options for me.

    I'd like to take a chance to explain my challenging situation, hoping somebody can help me on my journey. 

    I'm from Italy and I will relocate to Missouri next year: considering my background in architecture and design, I would like to start flipping houses with a focus on small, old properties to rehab (just because my european concept of space may help when it comes to optimise small houses). Of course the most difficult part for me is that I don't know anything about the local market and it's not easy to set up a business plan while living on the other side of the world. So far, I've been looking specifically to opportunities in Saint Louis city and county and I found out the programs of the LRA and some associations and agencies for the neighborhoods revitalization, but I'm struggling to find the right resources to deeply analyse the local market and trends. Are there specific websites I can refer to? Which would be the steps you'd take in my position? Through your posts, I also learned about the REIA, do you think it would be a good starting point to get in contact with them to receive information or a reference of someone who may help me, and maybe do the same with the above mentioned association and agencies that works to improve the area?

    I was also thinking about a real estate course but as per my understanding, I wouldn't be able to be licensed because I'm still not living there, so my plan is to wait a bit more to enroll in a course to make sure I'll have all my documents ready first (apparently after the completion of the course, I will have no more then 6 months to do the exam to get licensed).

    Sorry for the long post (and maybe some grammar mistake) and thanks in advance to everyone :)


    Chiara


  • Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 21 votes
    2y

    Quote from @Chiara Montalenti:

    Hi everyone, my name is Chiara and I came across this forum while googling on the Flipstress program and your comments are really valuable to me. I will have a zoom call with them today and will still listen their proposal but thanks to you all, I see there may be different options for me.

    I'd like to take a chance to explain my challenging situation, hoping somebody can help me on my journey. 

    I'm from Italy and I will relocate to Missouri next year: considering my background in architecture and design, I would like to start flipping houses with a focus on small, old properties to rehab (just because my european concept of space may help when it comes to optimise small houses). Of course the most difficult part for me is that I don't know anything about the local market and it's not easy to set up a business plan while living on the other side of the world. So far, I've been looking specifically to opportunities in Saint Louis city and county and I found out the programs of the LRA and some associations and agencies for the neighborhoods revitalization, but I'm struggling to find the right resources to deeply analyse the local market and trends. Are there specific websites I can refer to? Which would be the steps you'd take in my position? Through your posts, I also learned about the REIA, do you think it would be a good starting point to get in contact with them to receive information or a reference of someone who may help me, and maybe do the same with the above mentioned association and agencies that works to improve the area?

    I was also thinking about a real estate course but as per my understanding, I wouldn't be able to be licensed because I'm still not living there, so my plan is to wait a bit more to enroll in a course to make sure I'll have all my documents ready first (apparently after the completion of the course, I will have no more then 6 months to do the exam to get licensed).

    Sorry for the long post (and maybe some grammar mistake) and thanks in advance to everyone :)


    Chiara



     Hi Chiara,

    Her course does teach you her way of analyzing properties and local trends by zipcode, but what I discovered after meeting local investors is that everyone has their own way of analyzing properties and their own interests in the different neighborhoods. So, you could ask people to sit down with you and show you how they do it. Most REI's I've met are very generous people in terms of sharing their knowledge and contacts.

    In terms of the local market, there are websites that help you find good areas to invest in and you can get a simple analysis from Redfin like this: https://www.redfin.com/city/16661/MO/St-Louis/housing-market

    But, I think a lot of cities like mine probably have a ton of nuance in terms of everything that goes into understanding the local market street by street. I learned mine by driving around, looking up a bunch of properties online and looking at a bunch in person, listening to everything people said at the meetups and asking a ton of questions to local investors.

    If you have the money, her course is a bit of a shortcut to learn what you need to know, but it by no means is everything you need to flip in a local market. No one in the course can advise you on that, unless of course, you meet local flippers who are also in her course, but they are usually also beginners.

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 2 votes
    1y

    Thankyou for the feedback, the flip sisters do hook you and I signed up for their intro call which after reading here i quickly cancelled. The ridiculous joining fee plus a bunch of estrogen infused ladies not playing well in the sandbox is not my thing.

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Thank you all. I'm glad I checked out Flipsisters reviews as after watching the presentation, I felt that it all sounded too good to be true.

  • Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    I enrolled in the FlipSisters program in July 2024—less than a month after my husband passed away. At the time, I was severely grief-stricken and didn’t yet understand how disorienting and vulnerable grief can be. I was searching for purpose, which made me an easy target for a $5800 high-ticket sale.

    Within a week or two, I reached out to explain my situation and asked for a refund—or even a partial one—since I hadn’t accessed any content. They denied it immediately, and after multiple follow-ups, they continued to stand firm with no flexibility or empathy.

    Eventually, they offered to extend my access and give me a mindset coaching call—but it felt more like a low-effort PR move to retain goodwill and keep me quiet than a sincere attempt to resolve the situation.

    Their contract also includes aggressive language threatening to report participants to collections and credit bureaus if they dispute charges. That, to me, is not empowerment—it’s coercion.

    Selling to someone in the depths of fresh grief, then hiding behind policy, is more than just bad service—it’s ethically wrong. The values they promote publicly do not align with how they operate behind the scenes. If you’re considering the program, read the contract carefully and move forward with extreme caution.


    Update:

    I wanted to update my experience with the FlipSisters program.

    Before, commitment to engaging with participants was evident - but the defensive tone and approach in addressing critical feedback have often been perceived as lacking in empathy. This has led to mixed experiences among program members, highlighting how important constructive and supportive communication is in educational communities.

    While I initially faced challenges and a lack of empathy as other comments outline here, something seems to have changed during my ten months in the program. When I experienced challenges they proactively reached out to me to address my concerns and worked diligently to find resolution. This new approach has been refreshingly empathetic and human-centered.

    I’m grateful for their understanding and was able to close this chapter on a positive note. Unfortunately Bigger Pockets would not allow me to remove my prior review to rectify my experience.

    It’s clear that whatever changed is now taking action more in alignment with their stated values. If in place in the beginning, I would have given this business a 5-star review from the start—they have a great curriculum and the talented coaching team that made the program successful to date. If you are in a place where you are ready to take immense action and flip your first house - I recommend the FlipSisters program!

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Amanda Thoma:

      I wanted to update my experience with the FlipSisters program. 

      Before, commitment to engaging with participants was evident - but the defensive tone and approach in addressing critical feedback have often been perceived as lacking in empathy. This has led to mixed experiences among program members, highlighting how important constructive and supportive communication is in educational communities.

      While I initially faced challenges and a lack of empathy as other comments outline here, something seems to have changed during my ten months in the program. When I experienced challenges they proactively reached out to me to address my concerns and worked diligently to find resolution. This new approach has been refreshingly empathetic and human-centered.

      I’m grateful for their understanding and was able to close this chapter on a positive note. Unfortunately Bigger Pockets would not allow me to remove my prior review to rectify my experience.

      It’s clear that whatever changed is now taking action more in alignment with their stated values. If in place in the beginning, I would have given this business a 5-star review from the start—they have a great curriculum and the talented coaching team that made the program successful to date. If you are in a place where you are ready to take immense action and flip your first house - I recommend the FlipSisters program!



      well you must have gotten threatened or a refund and AI wrote this glowing turn of events or their lawyer did..  this is laughable.
  • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    I'm completely new and was considering the program. Now I'm scared! 😨

    Anyone located in NC? I need a mentor! Can you truly start without capital? 

    Thank you for the heads-up on the program! 😅 You probably saved me a lot of trouble! 

    • Andy SabischPro Member
      Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2021 · 657 posts · 559 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Emily Strong:

      I'm completely new and was considering the program. Now I'm scared! 😨

      Anyone located in NC? I need a mentor! Can you truly start without capital? 

      Thank you for the heads-up on the program! 😅 You probably saved me a lot of trouble! 

      While not in NC, the concepts are not locality driven. Look for a REIG in your area and attend a few meetings.  They will be your local resource that knows the area.  Go through the tools BP offer as they will give you the foundation the gurus will overcharge you for. Post questions here and you will find the BP family is a wealth of knowledge 


    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Emily Strong:

      I'm completely new and was considering the program. Now I'm scared! 😨

      Anyone located in NC? I need a mentor! Can you truly start without capital? 

      Thank you for the heads-up on the program! 😅 You probably saved me a lot of trouble! 


      quick answer is NO you cannot.. real estate is a capital intensive business.. I mean you need 6 to 8k to buy the program so that is no capital required.. CAREFUL 
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Peru - Kokomo, IN · Member since 2022 · 39 posts · 20 votes
    1y

    Emily, One thing I did gain from the Flipstress was where to get the funds from. My husband and I got a HELOC against our personal residence. We used those funds to buy a property with cash. We then contacted a local bank and asked for a line of credit for the rehab. The bank attached a LOC to the property, similarly like they would a mortgage. We draw on those funds as we need them to complete the rehab. When we sell, the bank gets automatically paid back from the proceeds, then we pay off the HELOC and do it all again. We roll almost all profit back into the next house, so we can buy at a bigger cash price for potentially bigger profit. Eventually, we wont need to use the HELOC or even a bank for the rehab. That's the goal anyways.

    Also, you can get a Lowe's or Home Depot credit card for 0% interest for 6 months if you work it right.  You just have to make the minimum payment every month.  

    I'm in Indiana.  Hope this helps you!

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 3 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kellie Powell:

      Emily, One thing I did gain from the Flipstress was where to get the funds from. My husband and I got a HELOC against our personal residence. We used those funds to buy a property with cash. We then contacted a local bank and asked for a line of credit for the rehab. The bank attached a LOC to the property, similarly like they would a mortgage. We draw on those funds as we need them to complete the rehab. When we sell, the bank gets automatically paid back from the proceeds, then we pay off the HELOC and do it all again. We roll almost all profit back into the next house, so we can buy at a bigger cash price for potentially bigger profit. Eventually, we wont need to use the HELOC or even a bank for the rehab. That's the goal anyways.

      Also, you can get a Lowe's or Home Depot credit card for 0% interest for 6 months if you work it right.  You just have to make the minimum payment every month.  

      I'm in Indiana.  Hope this helps you!


      Thank you for advice!
  • Andy SabischPro Member
    Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2021 · 657 posts · 559 votes
    1y

    Shame that "Amanda Thoma" posted this glowing report . . . with 2 posts including this one.  Anyone interested in these programs that claim instant riches for an exorbitant fee needs to step back and ask themselves if they have the money to lose that could be used to buy a property instead.  We bought into one years ago and regret it to this day but it taight us to see through many of these self-proclaimed gurus that promise the world and deliver canned material you can get for free elsewhere.  We have found that BP has been the best source of information that has helped us through the process to build up what we have now.  

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Andy Sabisch:

      Shame that "Amanda Thoma" posted this glowing report . . . with 2 posts including this one.  Anyone interested in these programs that claim instant riches for an exorbitant fee needs to step back and ask themselves if they have the money to lose that could be used to buy a property instead.  We bought into one years ago and regret it to this day but it taight us to see through many of these self-proclaimed gurus that promise the world and deliver canned material you can get for free elsewhere.  We have found that BP has been the best source of information that has helped us through the process to build up what we have now.  


      ya its a shill full stop in my personal opinion.
    • Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Andy Sabisch:

      Shame that "Amanda Thoma" posted this glowing report . . . with 2 posts including this one.  Anyone interested in these programs that claim instant riches for an exorbitant fee needs to step back and ask themselves if they have the money to lose that could be used to buy a property instead.  We bought into one years ago and regret it to this day but it taight us to see through many of these self-proclaimed gurus that promise the world and deliver canned material you can get for free elsewhere.  We have found that BP has been the best source of information that has helped us through the process to build up what we have now.  


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.