Hey everyone, im new to this community but always wanted to be in real estate. Last week I acquired my FIRST wholesale deal! I'm looking around to find some investors to take it from me and just feel a little lost with dispo, i want to make my deals super sweet sugar coated cherry on top for all my investors on my list so what i ask is if you can rip apart this deal for me and make sure i have enough meat on the bone for my investors, below are the stats
First off address, 1011 Richard Bell Ave Perry FL
Purchase price $110,000
Seller says the bank is willing to let go of mortgage for $91,000
ARV $180,000-$200,000
Needs new roof (20 years old) and central ac system went down about a year ago (around 4k for 3 ton ac)
Ive been in roofing for about 2 years and im estimating the roof will cost between 18k-20k
I take constructive and negative criticism very well and i only want to improve, no opinions are unwelcome i want full scrutiny with this deal please.
Hey everyone, im new to this community but always wanted to be in real estate. Last week I acquired my FIRST wholesale deal! I'm looking around to find some investors to take it from me and just feel a little lost with dispo, i want to make my deals super sweet sugar coated cherry on top for all my investors on my list so what i ask is if you can rip apart this deal for me and make sure i have enough meat on the bone for my investors, below are the stats
First off address, 1011 Richard Bell Ave Perry FL
Purchase price $110,000
Seller says the bank is willing to let go of mortgage for $91,000
ARV $180,000-$200,000
Needs new roof (20 years old) and central ac system went down about a year ago (around 4k for 3 ton ac)
Ive been in roofing for about 2 years and im estimating the roof will cost between 18k-20k
I take constructive and negative criticism very well and i only want to improve, no opinions are unwelcome i want full scrutiny with this deal please.
Some additional details needed:
1. How are you financing this? What is the cost of financing. Lets say you needed $100k in financing at 12% + 2 points and it took you a year to rehab and refinance that is an extra $14k + closing costs.
2. you mention roof is 18-20k. That seems like an expensive roof - does it need to be completely torn up and rebuilt to hurricane standards?
3. /Have you been inside the property and walked it to do a full estimate of costs? I can only imagine a home in florida that has not had AC for a year what the interior looks like.
What else is there to do on the house? What’s your total rehab estimate? Is this a $25k, $40, $70k flip?
Can you estimate the holding and transaction costs?
If you can get it at less than 50% of its ARV, you're probably in a decent place to sell it to an investor, but it's hard to say without more insights.
Congrats on your first deal @Hermes Kanaris!
Let’s break it down with the 70% rule to see if it’s investor-friendly:
ARV: $190,000 (taking the middle of $180K-$200K)
70% of ARV: $190,000 * 0.7 = $133,000
Minus Estimated Repairs:
Total Repairs: approx. $35,000
Max Buy Price for Investor: $133,000 - $35,000 - $10,000 (wholesale fee) = $88,000
Since you’re getting it for $91,000, you’re close, but to make it irresistible, consider negotiating the purchase price down a bit further. This should make it a cherry-on-top deal for investors!
NOTE: Need to Know: Do the kitchen and bathrooms need updating (if yes, that cost needs to be included and your buy price needs to reflect that additional expense)
@Trevor FinnI would agree with your breakdown, but why overlook a potential to run the 91k subject-to with a targeted 6 month hold for flip or 18 month refinance? Unless the seller has to be immediately out of the mortgage I see sub-to as an excellent cost reduction strategy.
@Trevor FinnI would agree with your breakdown, but why overlook a potential to run the 91k subject-to with a targeted 6 month hold for flip or 18 month refinance? Unless the seller has to be immediately out of the mortgage I see sub-to as an excellent cost reduction strategy.
Okay @Jay Hinrichs that makes sense to me, I didn't interpret it like that. When I read the bank would accept 91k I understood that to mean that was the 30 day payoff amount on the mortgage.
Okay @Jay Hinrichs that makes sense to me, I didn't interpret it like that. When I read the bank would accept 91k I understood that to mean that was the 30 day payoff amount on the mortgage.
Hey everyone, im new to this community but always wanted to be in real estate. Last week I acquired my FIRST wholesale deal! I'm looking around to find some investors to take it from me and just feel a little lost with dispo, i want to make my deals super sweet sugar coated cherry on top for all my investors on my list so what i ask is if you can rip apart this deal for me and make sure i have enough meat on the bone for my investors, below are the stats
First off address, 1011 Richard Bell Ave Perry FL
Purchase price $110,000
Seller says the bank is willing to let go of mortgage for $91,000
ARV $180,000-$200,000
Needs new roof (20 years old) and central ac system went down about a year ago (around 4k for 3 ton ac)
Ive been in roofing for about 2 years and im estimating the roof will cost between 18k-20k
I take constructive and negative criticism very well and i only want to improve, no opinions are unwelcome i want full scrutiny with this deal please.
Some additional details needed:
1. How are you financing this? What is the cost of financing. Lets say you needed $100k in financing at 12% + 2 points and it took you a year to rehab and refinance that is an extra $14k + closing costs.
2. you mention roof is 18-20k. That seems like an expensive roof - does it need to be completely torn up and rebuilt to hurricane standards?
3. /Have you been inside the property and walked it to do a full estimate of costs? I can only imagine a home in florida that has not had AC for a year what the interior looks like.
Hey everyone, im new to this community but always wanted to be in real estate. Last week I acquired my FIRST wholesale deal! I'm looking around to find some investors to take it from me and just feel a little lost with dispo, i want to make my deals super sweet sugar coated cherry on top for all my investors on my list so what i ask is if you can rip apart this deal for me and make sure i have enough meat on the bone for my investors, below are the stats
First off address, 1011 Richard Bell Ave Perry FL
Purchase price $110,000
Seller says the bank is willing to let go of mortgage for $91,000
ARV $180,000-$200,000
Needs new roof (20 years old) and central ac system went down about a year ago (around 4k for 3 ton ac)
Ive been in roofing for about 2 years and im estimating the roof will cost between 18k-20k
I take constructive and negative criticism very well and i only want to improve, no opinions are unwelcome i want full scrutiny with this deal please.
Some additional details needed:
1. How are you financing this? What is the cost of financing. Lets say you needed $100k in financing at 12% + 2 points and it took you a year to rehab and refinance that is an extra $14k + closing costs.
2. you mention roof is 18-20k. That seems like an expensive roof - does it need to be completely torn up and rebuilt to hurricane standards?
3. /Have you been inside the property and walked it to do a full estimate of costs? I can only imagine a home in florida that has not had AC for a year what the interior looks like.
@Trevor Finn Great analysis! The only thing that I see missing if they are purchasing with hard money debt they may want to factor in 3% - 5% for closing costs (points, fees, title, etc)
I appreciate all the replys guys, everything i read on here is so helpful since im new to this business. A little update with the bank, they are now telling me that they aren't even going to consider a settlement or a short sale unless the past due 14 contractual payments (around 8-10k) are paid. EVEN IF THEY ARE PAID they cant guarantee that a short sale will even be approved AND cant guarantee any price. I asked them, what do you usually short sale properties at %? they said around 90% of market value.
I tried to get them to understand that this property needs a LOT of work, almost a full gut, some holes in walls (small) old carpet needs to be ripped up, i mean like the works on this thing, you can prob get away with touching up the kitchen since its real hardwood and the bathrooms as well but this prop needs at least 80k.
Found out owner actually owes 140k on property, and zillow is zestimating it to be 127k. Im not really sure how to save this deal... I don't even think its worth a sub-to
I appreciate all the replys guys, everything i read on here is so helpful since im new to this business. A little update with the bank, they are now telling me that they aren't even going to consider a settlement or a short sale unless the past due 14 contractual payments (around 8-10k) are paid. EVEN IF THEY ARE PAID they cant guarantee that a short sale will even be approved AND cant guarantee any price. I asked them, what do you usually short sale properties at %? they said around 90% of market value.
I tried to get them to understand that this property needs a LOT of work, almost a full gut, some holes in walls (small) old carpet needs to be ripped up, i mean like the works on this thing, you can prob get away with touching up the kitchen since its real hardwood and the bathrooms as well but this prop needs at least 80k.
Found out owner actually owes 140k on property, and zillow is zestimating it to be 127k. Im not really sure how to save this deal... I don't even think its worth a sub-to
Always make a market. Put all your estimations of it, discount the cost of capital, time and add a 33% buffer to it and show it. If they take it, nice. If they don't, oh well. They might run another one by you later that you are able to make work. I always feel it's important to show a market on something you're willing to own for a long time.
@Trevor Finn Great analysis! The only thing that I see missing if they are purchasing with hard money debt they may want to factor in 3% - 5% for closing costs (points, fees, title, etc)
Thx Zachary! That is a good point for them to factor in, nice one!
I appreciate all the replys guys, everything i read on here is so helpful since im new to this business. A little update with the bank, they are now telling me that they aren't even going to consider a settlement or a short sale unless the past due 14 contractual payments (around 8-10k) are paid. EVEN IF THEY ARE PAID they cant guarantee that a short sale will even be approved AND cant guarantee any price. I asked them, what do you usually short sale properties at %? they said around 90% of market value.
I tried to get them to understand that this property needs a LOT of work, almost a full gut, some holes in walls (small) old carpet needs to be ripped up, i mean like the works on this thing, you can prob get away with touching up the kitchen since its real hardwood and the bathrooms as well but this prop needs at least 80k.
Found out owner actually owes 140k on property, and zillow is zestimating it to be 127k. Im not really sure how to save this deal... I don't even think its worth a sub-to
I appreciate all the replys guys, everything i read on here is so helpful since im new to this business. A little update with the bank, they are now telling me that they aren't even going to consider a settlement or a short sale unless the past due 14 contractual payments (around 8-10k) are paid. EVEN IF THEY ARE PAID they cant guarantee that a short sale will even be approved AND cant guarantee any price. I asked them, what do you usually short sale properties at %? they said around 90% of market value.
I tried to get them to understand that this property needs a LOT of work, almost a full gut, some holes in walls (small) old carpet needs to be ripped up, i mean like the works on this thing, you can prob get away with touching up the kitchen since its real hardwood and the bathrooms as well but this prop needs at least 80k.
Found out owner actually owes 140k on property, and zillow is zestimating it to be 127k. Im not really sure how to save this deal... I don't even think its worth a sub-to
Sounds like you spoke to collections (who will tell you anything to get money) and not loss mitigation, as paying back due balances are NEVER part of a short sale. In fact being current on payments is the biggest challenge to getting a short sale approved.
Either way if the balance is 140k, without going through the short sale process (which will take a few months) no one can assure you of any approved sale price. As part of the short sale process, the lender will have an appraisal/BPO of the property to determine its current fair market value. The lender will be looking for close to that amount.
This is not a sub to deal at all. Move on if that is your strategy.