The Best Fix and Flip Markets Are?.....

The Best Fix and Flip Markets Are?.....

Lender · Fort Lauderdale Florida, United States · Member since 2025 · 36 posts · 35 votes

I am relaunching my business at the end of this month after a 5 year break.  I am looking to start with some minimum to moderate rehabs to get back in the groove.  Then bigger fix and flips, before going on to small to medium multi family.  I am doing my research and am open to feedback from you all on what you think are some of the better markets for Fix and Flips.  I am buying cash, and price point isn't really an issue.  I am looking more at spreads.   I have my criteria for what I consider a good market for flips, but again, would love to hear from you all!  Thanks!

2Reply
55 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon RibeiroPro Member
Real Estate Broker · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 228 posts · 95 votes
1y

Welcome back to the game! Love the game plan—starting with light-to-moderate rehabs is a great way to sharpen the systems before scaling into larger flips or multifamily.

In terms of markets, it really depends on your appetite for volume vs. margin, but a few that continue to show strong flip potential (based on spread and demand) include:

• Philadelphia – Diverse housing stock, solid buyer demand, and still plenty of value-add opportunities in the right zip codes.

• Baltimore – Affordable entry, high rent-to-price ratios, and strong spread potential—though it takes knowing the block-by-block nuances.

• Cleveland / Pittsburgh – Lower cost basis, less competition, and growing investor activity—good for out-of-state flips or BRRRR strategies.

• Parts of the Southeast (like Birmingham, Augusta, and Columbia SC) – Steady growth, investor-friendly markets, and favorable laws.

Since you’re buying cash and focused on spread, you’ve got great flexibility—so it really comes down to how hands-on you want to be and whether you’re staying local or going out of state.

I’ve been active in a few of these and can share contacts or thoughts if you’re exploring specific markets. Glad to see you diving back in!

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon RibeiroPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 228 posts · 95 votes
    1y

    Welcome back to the game! Love the game plan—starting with light-to-moderate rehabs is a great way to sharpen the systems before scaling into larger flips or multifamily.

    In terms of markets, it really depends on your appetite for volume vs. margin, but a few that continue to show strong flip potential (based on spread and demand) include:

    • Philadelphia – Diverse housing stock, solid buyer demand, and still plenty of value-add opportunities in the right zip codes.

    • Baltimore – Affordable entry, high rent-to-price ratios, and strong spread potential—though it takes knowing the block-by-block nuances.

    • Cleveland / Pittsburgh – Lower cost basis, less competition, and growing investor activity—good for out-of-state flips or BRRRR strategies.

    • Parts of the Southeast (like Birmingham, Augusta, and Columbia SC) – Steady growth, investor-friendly markets, and favorable laws.

    Since you’re buying cash and focused on spread, you’ve got great flexibility—so it really comes down to how hands-on you want to be and whether you’re staying local or going out of state.

    I’ve been active in a few of these and can share contacts or thoughts if you’re exploring specific markets. Glad to see you diving back in!

    • Lender · Fort Lauderdale Florida, United States · Member since 2025 · 36 posts · 35 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Brandon Ribeiro:

      Welcome back to the game! Love the game plan—starting with light-to-moderate rehabs is a great way to sharpen the systems before scaling into larger flips or multifamily.

      In terms of markets, it really depends on your appetite for volume vs. margin, but a few that continue to show strong flip potential (based on spread and demand) include:

      • Philadelphia – Diverse housing stock, solid buyer demand, and still plenty of value-add opportunities in the right zip codes.

      • Baltimore – Affordable entry, high rent-to-price ratios, and strong spread potential—though it takes knowing the block-by-block nuances.

      • Cleveland / Pittsburgh – Lower cost basis, less competition, and growing investor activity—good for out-of-state flips or BRRRR strategies.

      • Parts of the Southeast (like Birmingham, Augusta, and Columbia SC) – Steady growth, investor-friendly markets, and favorable laws.

      Since you’re buying cash and focused on spread, you’ve got great flexibility—so it really comes down to how hands-on you want to be and whether you’re staying local or going out of state.

      I’ve been active in a few of these and can share contacts or thoughts if you’re exploring specific markets. Glad to see you diving back in!


       Thanks Brandon, this is very helpful.  I have primarily invested in the Midwest in the past, for several reasons.  I am curious about the southeast, as you have mentioned...I will reach out within the next week.  

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jay Scott:

    I am relaunching my business at the end of this month after a 5 year break.  I am looking to start with some minimum to moderate rehabs to get back in the groove.  Then bigger fix and flips, before going on to small to medium multi family.  I am doing my research and am open to feedback from you all on what you think are some of the better markets for Fix and Flips.  I am buying cash, and price point isn't really an issue.  I am looking more at spreads.   I have my criteria for what I consider a good market for flips, but again, would love to hear from you all!  Thanks!


    That's awesome, welcome back to the game! I would start cold calling and try to find deals like that 

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    Happy to chat on KC. Similar to some of the areas mentioned above, strong market for flips or BRRRs

    • Lender · Fort Lauderdale Florida, United States · Member since 2025 · 36 posts · 35 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Caleb Brown:

      Happy to chat on KC. Similar to some of the areas mentioned above, strong market for flips or BRRRs


       Hi Caleb, that would be great.  KCMO was one of my markets back in the day.  

    • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jay Scott:
      Quote from @Caleb Brown:

      Happy to chat on KC. Similar to some of the areas mentioned above, strong market for flips or BRRRs


       Hi Caleb, that would be great.  KCMO was one of my markets back in the day.  


       Oh nice! It's probably a little different, certain areas have changed quite a bit

  • Gary NelsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Branson, MO · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 93 votes
    1y

    Totally agree—finding the “best” market really comes down to what fits your strategy and resources.

    I'm a little biased, but if you're open to secondary markets, Branson, MO has some solid flip potential. It's a tourism-heavy area with consistent demand for updated properties near the lakes and attractions. We're seeing older condos and homes being bought, refreshed with modern finishes, and resold to second-home buyers or STR investors at strong margins.

    The key is knowing the submarkets—some are saturated, some are goldmines. I actually have a web page where I keep all my favorite flip opportunities in Branson. If you’re curious, shoot me a PM and I’ll send it over!

    Gary Nelson Real Estate, EXP Realty, LLC554 Reviews
  • Investor · Conshohocken · Member since 2025 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Hey Jay,

    Would love to chat about the Philly market! I'll send you a dm.

    Thanks

  • Lender · Fort Lauderdale Florida, United States · Member since 2025 · 36 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    After some research and valuable conversations, I have narrowed down to a few markets to get started in a few weeks.  I appreciate the feedback and information that has been shared with me.  Thank you!

  • Lender · Sanford, NC · Member since 2024 · 348 posts · 117 votes
    1y

    Hey Jay, welcome back! Welcome back, Jay! Sounds like a solid plan easing into things with light to moderate rehabs. A few markets worth checking out for solid fix & flip spreads:

    • Fayetteville, AR – Strong growth, affordable entry, and steady demand.

    • Jacksonville, FL – Great price points, fast-growing, lots of flip potential.

    • Philly, PA – Lower entry prices, high activity, and strong ROI opportunities.

  • Alan AsriantsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Any market is a good flip market if you get the right deal. You make money when you buy the deal. There are opportunities everywhere. Knowing the market is the best way to get the best deals. Good luck

    Alan Asriants - New Century Real Estate 591 Reviews
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.