DIY gone wrong or masterpiece?

DIY gone wrong or masterpiece?

Investor 路 Cumming, GA 路 Member since 2016 路 153 posts 路 34 votes

My realtor sent this to me. The description says it all, "Unique one of a kind finishing completed by a professional!" You have to look at the photos on a full size monitor to get the full effect. Hammered copper, gold leaf, you have to look at all the photos. The price has dropped from $1,490,000 to $339,000.  

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24-Brentwood-Dr-...

3Reply
71 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager 路 Livonia, MI 路 Member since 2011 路 4k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
9y

Da hell? 

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor 路 NW Indiana 路 Member since 2012 路 833 posts 路 197 votes
    9y

    @Jack Forester That is really scary looking.  It's great if it were a MUSEUM!  Did someone really hate that house? It looks unfinished.  I would really like to know what the listing agent thought when he saw it and how long it took him to think of what to say haha.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Allentown, PA 路 Member since 2016 路 279 posts 路 105 votes
    9y

    Ouch...I got through 20 pics and I just couldn't take it anymore.  lol

  • Investor 路 Cumming, GA 路 Member since 2016 路 153 posts 路 34 votes
    9y

    I think they really loved copper. Isn't copper supposed to heal your inner chi or something? 

  • Property Manager 路 Livonia, MI 路 Member since 2011 路 4k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    9y

    Da hell? 

  • Engineer 路 Magnolia, NJ 路 Member since 2016 路 133 posts 路 135 votes
    9y
    馃槀馃槀 FULL GUT!! Yikes
  • Urbana, IL 路 Member since 2012 路 1k+ posts 路 425 votes
    9y

    Oh god (he says at the first picture) Oh my... Oh... 

  • Augusta, GA 路 Member since 2014 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    9y

    Hard to believe someone had THIS amount of bad taste.  Even the garage!

    Gail

  • Investor 路 Bolton, MA 路 Member since 2012 路 133 posts 路 72 votes
    9y

    Charles Manson comes to mind. Too much time on their hands. 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Centerton, AR 路 Member since 2014 路 54 posts 路 28 votes
    9y
    WOW... I've never seen a house on Zillow with 2.3 million views before... impressive!
  • Rental Property Investor 路 Folsom, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 140 posts 路 70 votes
    9y
    I presume it'll sell eventually. Someone should start a pool for how cheap and when. ARV - $50,000 in another year? Sad that someone invested so much to make such an eyesore.
  • Investor 路 Buffalo, NY 路 Member since 2016 路 668 posts 路 209 votes
    9y

    It's either a copper mine explosion near a hunting lodge or a local artist driven insane by whatever disease you get from too much exposure to copper. Yikes...

  • Investor 路 Neptune Beach, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 143 posts 路 172 votes
    9y

    wow those property taxes are atrocious! Do people around the country really pay property taxes that high on such a small assessed value? Wow

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Sumter, SC 路 Member since 2015 路 334 posts 路 531 votes
    9y

    That kitchen gives me a headache...all that squiggly crap on the doors and walls, is that caulk "art"? 

    That house just makes me sad. It's beyond obnoxious.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Charleston, WV 路 Member since 2013 路 262 posts 路 109 votes
    9y

    I couldn't make it through all those pictures either. Looked like someone sacrificed a copper calf all over the place.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Charleston, WV 路 Member since 2013 路 262 posts 路 109 votes
    9y

    2001: Owner  "Here's a house I can practice my professional copper splattering/hammering/covering."
    2013: "Ok, now time to sell for a grand ol profit, if it doesn't sell I'll just add more copper."
    2015:
    "Agent, I need you to sell this for $1,440,000."
    "I think he meant $440,000."
    "No, go ahead and add a million plus another 50k."
    "What was that? Divide $440 in half before adding 50k? Oh, perhaps lets try 1,250,000?"
    2016: Bank "Yeah, that guy is gone. Lets try to get rid of this house over the next 2 years. We'll start at $475 and go down every month until someone buys this project."

  • Real Estate Professional 路 Baton Rouge, LA 路 Member since 2016 路 109 posts 路 30 votes
    9y

    that looks like the zillow advertisement i pulled off the internet yesterday, just love the "unique property description quote", every property is unique, amazing make sure to protect yourself if you decide to purchase the copper mine to have an exit contingency statement. you most def will likely be needing it. good luck

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Albuquerque, NM 路 Member since 2015 路 542 posts 路 193 votes
    9y

    This was also shared here earlier this week by Tamara Taylor and I think most of the views in that count are just looking to laugh!  It's hard to believe that someone actually did that to their home.

  • Virginia Beach, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 46 posts 路 33 votes
    9y

    Ever wonder who climbs cell towers to steal all of the copper parts?  I think we have our prime suspect.  He'll need that much for the house just to replace all of those band saw blades.  

  • Investor 路 Cumming, GA 路 Member since 2016 路 153 posts 路 34 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Karen Bickford:

    Charles Manson comes to mind. Too much time on their hands. 

     My thoughts exactly, maybe how Norman Bates got started... 

  • Jamesville, NY 路 Member since 2015 路 55 posts 路 34 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Tracy D.:

    wow those property taxes are atrocious! Do people around the country really pay property taxes that high on such a small assessed value? Wow

    Taxed would probably be close to double that near me on that assessed value, but then again I'm in New York...

  • Investor 路 Stamford, CT 路 Member since 2012 路 247 posts 路 63 votes
    9y

    I can never unsee that. Ever.  Thanks.

  • Investor 路 Cumming, GA 路 Member since 2016 路 153 posts 路 34 votes
    9y

    @Vonetta Booker, you can go see it in person and report back! 馃槇

  • Rental Property Investor 路 White Plains, NY 路 Member since 2016 路 57 posts 路 39 votes
    9y

    @Jonathan Johnson I'm crying at my desk at work from laughing at your play-by-play. Fantastic. 

  • Investor 路 Orange County, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 2k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    9y

    Looks like a perfect candidate for a flip if you can pick it up for the right price. I saw no signs of deferred maintenance or needed CapEx, just awful finishes. Gotta love stuff that is relatively easy to fix but brings the value way down, and that house has it big time!

  • Investor 路 Las Vegas. Jacksonville, Bay Area Ca, Nv, Ca, Fl 路 Member since 2015 路 511 posts 路 220 votes
    9y

    I've bought 6 homes last year with all the copper plumbing missing. Now, I know where it went. Actually this house would make a good bed and breakfast or wedding chapel for the weird and unusual crowd. look at the Winchester House in San Jose Ca.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.