Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Mandi Martinez
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Did I make a mistake painting the house blue!?

Mandi Martinez
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Nov 13 2018, 18:23
I’m on my very first flIP and every single decision gives me anxiety because I do not want to make the wrong choice. So far I think I have done well with picking floors and indoor paint, cabinets, etc... BUT I think I may have screwed up with the exterior paint. I picked blue, and after painting it my contractor tells me “as an investor it’s not smart to go with blue”. So now I’m second guessing every decision I have made including the exterior paint. I chose the color because I really wanted the house to catch people’s eye and not just be a boring beige and I would have done grey except there is a lot of grey inside the house and I just thought making the house grey would just be grey overkill. I’m sure this is probably a silly topic to most experienced investors so I apologize, but it’s my first flip and I don’t know a good rule of the thumb for this stuff. Like fans or light fixtures in which rooms and how to make sure everything flows together in scheme (modern, contemporary, industrial, etc) and how to pick the right colors. Help! P.s the color is sherwin Williams “poolhouse”

Loading replies...