Where do flippers buy their kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanity

Where do flippers buy their kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanity

Vilena G.Pro Member
Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 4 votes

Hello BiggerPockets Family!

We are doing our first big flip and now there is time to start shopping for kitchen cabinets and bathrooms vanities.

This house is in a good neighborhood in Plano Texas and we are doing a hight quality, but now we are looking to buy an affortable kitchen cabinets and do not know where do flippers buy theirs. Home Depot/IKEA or maybe cheaper places.

Thank everyone for your help!

Sincerely appreciate any suggestions.

Vilena

0Reply
159 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Plano, TX · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 5 votes
6y

Hi Vilena,

We typically buy homes in the 300k range and sell for over 400k.  At this price point we purchase custom cabinets from a manufacturer in Arlington, TX.  They can make just about anything in 3-4 weeks time and prices have ranged from $6k - 15k depending on the level of customization we desire for that home.  These would typically cost $25-70k from most other manufactures which is why we purchase from this vendor.  We just finished a job here in Plano, TX that cost $7k for cabinets installed. 

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    6y

    Home Depot cabinets for kitchens are not your best bet, you should have local discount cabinet companies in your area. I don’t know of specific suppliers for that in Plano but I’m sure a google search will get your some.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    I have purchased from local cabinet companies as well as RTA online companies. I have been happy with both.

  • Real Estate Agent · Plano, TX · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Hi Vilena,

    We typically buy homes in the 300k range and sell for over 400k.  At this price point we purchase custom cabinets from a manufacturer in Arlington, TX.  They can make just about anything in 3-4 weeks time and prices have ranged from $6k - 15k depending on the level of customization we desire for that home.  These would typically cost $25-70k from most other manufactures which is why we purchase from this vendor.  We just finished a job here in Plano, TX that cost $7k for cabinets installed. 

  • Vilena G.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hi Chad! 
    Yes, our home in 300K range and should be worth over 400K.

    Can you please give a the contact of that vender for kitchen cabinets in Arlington.

    Thank you very much Chad! 

  • Vilena G.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Will and Brian, thank you very much for your response! Very appreciate it!

    Sincerely,

    Vilena

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 834 posts · 449 votes
    6y

    Depends on style/quality, try local suppliers

  • Real Estate Appraiser · Isabella lake, CA · Member since 2018 · 628 posts · 491 votes
    6y

    If you're doing a high quality remodel, don't cheap out in the kitchen.

    You don't have to go nuts, but it's the most important room in the place.

  • Vilena G.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    I absolutely agree with you! I need high quality and affordable price, nothing cheap, just want to get a good deal on a good product!

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Vilena G.  HOME DEPOT OR LOWES, KEEP IT SIMPLE 

  • Real Estate Agent · Frisco · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    Hi, just doing my first flip got a great price from Seconds and surplus in Richardson. not too far from you in Plano. Way cheaper than Home Depot and far better quality. They come ready painted. 

    Eric Reading 

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    Home Depot cabinets look good enough for flips in my area for middle income housing. They look nice and are easy to put together a nice set from stuff right off the shelf. But with that said its good they have a nice return policy because I have returned multiple cabinets that fell apart during shipping. Another investor buddy told me that the Lowes cabinets are a little better quality and hold together in shipping.

  • Vilena G.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thank you Nathan!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Chubbuck, ID · Member since 2018 · 532 posts · 466 votes
    6y

    I use Lowe’s Arcadia cabinets, but don’t do $300k flips. In my area you can build a new home for $325k. My last flip sold for $174k. If I was doing a $300k flip here I would go custom. I am sure in some areas $300k is cheap and you can get away with in stock cabinets.

  • Vilena G.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thank you! 
    Plano is very good and pretty expensive neighborhood, 300K probably average.

    I’ll check Lowe’s our! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Vilena Gilyaeva

    I use ProSource whenever I can. They have several lines and styles to choose from. Even their most economic line is well built an better than the big box store off the shelf line. There is a location over in Allen, TX.

    They also have designers that can spec out designs. I send them my kitchen measurements, a brutal sketch- they send me a diagram with every measurement, cabinet and filler that I would need. I review, sign off, they order and deliver. Super easy to work with them.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 319 posts · 153 votes
    6y

    @Vilena Gilyaeva

    If you plan on doing a quality rehab that buyers will love, then I’d find a local custom cabinet maker so your kitchen comes out nice. Keep in mind Kitchen’s and baths essentially sell your property. For the bathroom vanity that you can find at Home Depot. Just the route I take on my projects, so it’s just my opinion. Good luck though with the project.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2018 · 116 posts · 73 votes
    6y

    @Vilena Gilyaeva

    Pm me. We own a kitchen renovation business.

  • Wholesaler · Mansfield, TX · Member since 2015 · 216 posts · 146 votes
    6y

    @Chad Maxwell fantastic. Would mind sharing or DMing me the company name? Thanks

    Robert

  • Real Estate Agent · Plano, TX · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed - DM'd you. Thanks

  • Wholesaler · Mansfield, TX · Member since 2015 · 216 posts · 146 votes
    5y

    @Chad Maxwell

    Hey. Chad. I think I messaged you but haven’t heard back. I’m just trying to nail down the name of the cabinet company in Arlington, Tx you mentioned you use. Thx

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.