Tax Lien Website

Tax Lien Website

Investor · Garrison, NY · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 35 votes

Hello, fellow real estate investors!

I'm currently exploring opportunities in tax lien auctions and I'm wondering if there is a website similar to Hubzu or Auction.com that provides comprehensive coverage of tax lien auctions across multiple states in the United States. I'm specifically looking for a platform that offers information and access to tax lien auctions in various markets nationwide.

I understand that tax lien auctions vary by state and can be complex, so having a centralized resource that covers multiple markets would be extremely helpful. It would save me time and effort from having to research and navigate different websites for each state.

If anyone is aware of such a website or has recommendations on where I can find reliable information and access to tax lien auctions across multiple states, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Any personal experiences or success stories in this area are also welcome.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise!

1Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
3y

@David Lant

Many counties use real auction

Check them out

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @David Lant

    Many counties use real auction

    Check them out

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Garrison, NY · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 35 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @David Lant

    Many counties use real auction

    Check them out


     THank you so much. That was a great help.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y

    @David Lant Grant street group is another but real auction is bigger. There are others but I don'tknow their names off hand. You do NOT want a company or website that agregates information from other official sites. You want to use the official site of each county. Real auction is the official auction provider for many counties. 

    Many counties do their own auction and the way to find them is google the county site and look for tax sal information there. 

    Keep in mind the issue about each state being different has NOTHING to do with how the auction is run. It has to do with the laws and how they affect your bidding on and how your bid affects your ROI, and what the potential risks and Pitfalls are. Figuring out how to bid on the site is the easiest part.

  • Member since 2023 · 51 posts · 47 votes
    3y

    Hey David,

    I've been yet to find one, but once you get familiar with the larger auction sites you'll be able to compile a list of upcoming auctions quickly.

    Here's a few to look into:   www.realauction.com; www.grantstreet.com ; www.govease.com;www.lienhub.co....

    Govease has a list of their upcoming auctions on the home page.

  • Investor · Covington, LA · Member since 2012 · 517 posts · 317 votes
    3y

    Also:  zeusauction.com and civicsource.com  cover some states and counties.

  • Jim ReynantePro Member
    Member since 2023 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    2y

    Do not look for a centralized database for tax liens or tax deeds.

    I always recommend to people that they should contact the county officials for the area(s) they are interested in for investing. Call and talk to the county tax assessor office or tax collector office personnel. Often times they will answer all of your questions or point you to their FAQ website.

    I know it is a lot of work to go research and contact each county, but it the only method I would use. If you try to use a 3rd party service, you may find that their information old, outdated, inaccurate, missing, etc.

    Here’s a quick way to search for a county’s tax lien auction information on Google:

    “<enter county name> in <enter name of state> tax lien (sales, auction)”

    Just insert the name of the county and state. For example, if I want to know more about the tax lien sales in Jackson County Mississippi, I would enter:

    “Jackson county in MS tax lien (sales, auction)”

    Google will return to me the results that match my criteria. At or near the top of the list should be the official Jackson County website that describes tax delinquent sales, FAQs, and other important information. FYI, I always specify the name of the state in my query because sometimes there are multiple counties with the same name in different states.

    Good Luck you and your investing!

  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y
  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Is buying tax lien properties an easy way to gain entrance to the real estate space? After all, the entrance ticket price is more manageable or cheaper.

  • Investor · Covington, LA · Member since 2012 · 517 posts · 317 votes
    2y
    Quote from @David Lant:

    Hello, fellow real estate investors!

    I'm currently exploring opportunities in tax lien auctions and I'm wondering if there is a website similar to Hubzu or Auction.com that provides comprehensive coverage of tax lien auctions across multiple states in the United States. I'm specifically looking for a platform that offers information and access to tax lien auctions in various markets nationwide.

    I understand that tax lien auctions vary by state and can be complex, so having a centralized resource that covers multiple markets would be extremely helpful. It would save me time and effort from having to research and navigate different websites for each state.

    If anyone is aware of such a website or has recommendations on where I can find reliable information and access to tax lien auctions across multiple states, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Any personal experiences or success stories in this area are also welcome.

    Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise!

     If you are looking for tax liens specifically and not tax deed sales, then you narrowed it down to about 20 or so states.  Personally I don't see the need or value of trying to find one site our source that lists all of the tax lien sales by state/county. Is there a particular area / state you would like to buy in?  If not, what is your investment strategy ? (make interest or try to acquire property).   How much money do you have to invest?  Can you travel to attend in person tax sales or only online?    Based on how you answer a couple simple questions you could narrow down the states that would be more beneficial for you to invest in.   For example, Montana, Wyoming and South Carolina are all in person tax sales. If that is too far away for you to attend, no need for you to have access to when their tax sales are held, scratch them off your list.  Once you narrow it down the the states that meet your investment strategy and goals, you research them individually. 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    2y

    @David Lant

         "I understand that tax lien auctions vary by state and can be complex, so having a centralized resource that covers multiple markets would be extremely helpful. It would save me time and effort from having to research and navigate different websites for each state"


    I know of no such site. Be thankful for that. It would NOT be helpful. The complexity comes from the dramatically diverse laws are from state to state, sometimes even county to county.  This complexity greatly affects your risk nd returns. If you don't understand exactly how the laws work in various states you are setting yourself up for failulre.  

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Is buying tax lien properties an easy way to gain entrance to the real estate space? After all, the entrance ticket price is more manageable or cheaper.

     No it is not. Tax sale investing can be quite profitable, but only with hard work of both researching property values and the complex tax sale laws in a given state or county. 

    The best place to learn is often the county website. Alos here we have many people who are experts in their given state

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.