Skip to content
Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes

User Stats

Votes
Jeremiah Leonard
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cary, NC
Votes |
Need advice investing in a large deal involving Notes, 50% ROI.

Jeremiah Leonard
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cary, NC
Posted Aug 14 2018, 19:35
During a local Meetup one of the head honchos of the group pitched a BOGO offer on mortgage notes. Yes I mean buy one get one. The BOGO is a bit misleading because he essentially plans to buy one house for around $50,000 renovate for a bit more, and resell at $100,000 or maybe slightly more. That is then leveraged to buy the second house, which is again rehabbed and resold at again $100,000. His timeline for this is 6 months per house, so in a year after the two properties are essentially flipped and resold or the mortgage refinanced with the existing owner the profit is split 50/50 so I the investor gets $75,000 from the $50,000 I put in, hence the 50%ROI. (These are my conservative numbers, the numbers he gave were: first house bought at 50k+20k rehab sold at 125k, second house bought at 50k w/7% +20k rehab sold at 140k profit of 96k after expenses and ROI of 96%, split 50/50 I the investor make 48k and the 50k back) He's planning on buying at least 200 notes and has already secured millions in investments to make this happen, each note would be around 50 cents on the dollar because of the quantity he's getting. I really need advice here, I know very little about notes and was planning on looking into BRRRR honestly. But I also have money I'm investing around, currently stocks but those have been averaging 7% annual ROI and with the market so high they've been doing worse this past year. So this seems like a really good alternate option to put that into truly passive income. Is this the real deal, have people done deals like this before? What sort of questions should I bounce off this guy and why is he willing to split the profits 50/50 with ridiculously high ROI, the way he pitches it I feel like he could pitch 25% ROI and make that much more for himself. I would really appreciate guidance and would love to be able to even call someone over the phone and really hash everything out. What I'm looking for most of all is for someone to immediately see this and go "no way Jose this guy is peddling snake oil." And tell me why.

Loading replies...