Votes |
Sharpening Your Skills During This Time

Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Posted Mar 28 2020, 17:21

For many of us we are quarantined at home and working from home but have found we have extra time during the day. While I recommend that time be spent with family and maybe getting some exercise to lose those pounds you have been saying you wanted to lose for some time, This is also a time to focus on personal development.For those who invest in notes, are you taking any steps to further your personal development ?

some recommendations that I have found to be beneficial are:

1. Take a class on debt collection practices. ACA international has a self paced online class for around $99.

2. Study for a MLO license. Whether or not you obtain it is up to you (I recommend you do as I feel in the future it will be needed in more states for licensing). You will learn the ins and outs of Dodd frank and the origination process on what you can and cannot do.

3. Listen to podcasts, videos and audiobooks. I recommend a book on finance - it will assist also if you are looking to build a calculator. The books I am getting ready to read/listen too are influence and pre-suasion by Robert cialdini, zero to one by Peter thiel and mastering the Rockefeller habits by Verne harnish.

Love to hear recommendations from others.

Loading replies...