Sharpening Your Skills During This Time

Sharpening Your Skills During This Time

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes

For many of us we are quarantined at home and working from home but have found we have extra time during the day. While I recommend that time be spent with family and maybe getting some exercise to lose those pounds you have been saying you wanted to lose for some time, This is also a time to focus on personal development.For those who invest in notes, are you taking any steps to further your personal development ?

some recommendations that I have found to be beneficial are:

1. Take a class on debt collection practices. ACA international has a self paced online class for around $99.

2. Study for a MLO license. Whether or not you obtain it is up to you (I recommend you do as I feel in the future it will be needed in more states for licensing). You will learn the ins and outs of Dodd frank and the origination process on what you can and cannot do.

3. Listen to podcasts, videos and audiobooks. I recommend a book on finance - it will assist also if you are looking to build a calculator. The books I am getting ready to read/listen too are influence and pre-suasion by Robert cialdini, zero to one by Peter thiel and mastering the Rockefeller habits by Verne harnish.

Love to hear recommendations from others.

7e investments53 Reviews
6Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Baltimore County, MD · Member since 2014 · 466 posts · 439 votes
6y

Just ordered these two books:

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Chris Seveney:
    I have been playing Xbox one with my son - hand eye coordination skills

    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Chris Seveney:

    For many of us we are quarantined at home and working from home but have found we have extra time during the day. While I recommend that time be spent with family and maybe getting some exercise to lose those pounds you have been saying you wanted to lose for some time, This is also a time to focus on personal development.For those who invest in notes, are you taking any steps to further your personal development ?

    some recommendations that I have found to be beneficial are:

    1. Take a class on debt collection practices. ACA international has a self paced online class for around $99.

    2. Study for a MLO license. Whether or not you obtain it is up to you (I recommend you do as I feel in the future it will be needed in more states for licensing). You will learn the ins and outs of Dodd frank and the origination process on what you can and cannot do.

    3. Listen to podcasts, videos and audiobooks. I recommend a book on finance - it will assist also if you are looking to build a calculator. The books I am getting ready to read/listen too are influence and pre-suasion by Robert cialdini, zero to one by Peter thiel and mastering the Rockefeller habits by Verne harnish.

    Love to hear recommendations from others.

     I picked up skateboarding again.........Does that count?

    James Wise Noseslide 8 stair ledge. Downtown Cleveland, Ohio. 2003.

     James Wise. Noseslide 8 stair ledge. Cleveland, Ohio. Circa 2003.

  • Rental Property Investor · Alexandria, MN · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    I have also been playing xbox with my son... Still working on those eye/hand coordination, but work in progress!

  • Lender · Ladera Ranch, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Jamie Bateman Haha, we finally gave in and bought a PS4. We've resisted buying videogames for the kids for the longest time but this extended time at home has justified it. We wanted to get a Switch but those are ALL gone already. No Xboxes at CostCo, only 4 PS4s left so I picked one up.

    What games do you recommend for an 8 yr old and two 6 yr olds? We're looking for a racing game with 4 split screens. Garfield Cart?
     

  • Investor · Baltimore County, MD · Member since 2014 · 466 posts · 439 votes
    6y
    We just bought Garfield Kart for this very reason, to have all 4 of us playing at once. It seemed to get some of best reviews around. My wife has already started making excuses for not winning, though, so buyer beware.  :-)
  • Rental Property Investor · Mountain View, CA · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I bought Rich Dad Poor Dad cashflow game. It is fun playing that game while learning how to manage money. My mother-in-law is also excited to play that game.

  • Specialist · Frederick, MD · Member since 2017 · 474 posts · 454 votes
    6y

    @Prabhu Babu - Where'd you buy Cashflow? I'm thinking about buying it to play with my teenagers, but it's expensive for a board game and being that they're teenagers I don't know how it'll go over. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y

    @Marco Bario

    We bought it as well. Bought it on amazon.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jamie Bateman:
    PS4 with my son over here. Madden and Garfield Kart. Not quite as fun as GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64 used to be but still fun.

    It was over when you got ahold of That Golden PP7.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.