Pace Morby's Subto Mentorship is the BEST!

Pace Morby's Subto Mentorship is the BEST!

Real Estate Agent · Henderson, NV · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 8 votes

I have been involved in Pace's Subto community for over 2 yrs and it has just become better and better. I was a little apprehensive about the cost because I have been in other mentorship groups which did not really deliver as promised or the engagement was lackluster at best. Six months and you are usually done. I am still learning new things every week. I am in a accountability group weekly. I do the #dalilydial, a mon thru fri daily meet up online with other new and experienced investors lead by an incredible leader, #carolinecane, and weekly guest speakers who share the time and knowledge freely. I have received so much value from Pace and the Subto community, I am so happy I took the plunge!

8Reply
492 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 8 votes
4y

Hi @Darrell Gibson I’m considering this mentorship also. How many deals have you closed while doing this program? I’ve seen a lot of rave reviews, but wondering how much everyone is actually doing. It’s one thing to learn and get information, application and results are a what I’m interested in. I appreciate your input! 

See this reply in the discussion

71 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    @steve 

    @Steve K.I have done 6 wraps, 1 sub to. I joined June 2023. Steve, I can send you HUD statements to prove it. Bigger pockets keeps taking down my post claiming its self promotion. Pace sub to is the REAL DEAL.


     That's awesome! Can you share the details on those deals (especially purchase price compared to comps/appraised value)? What are your thoughts about the potential risks mentioned above in this thread such as the seller filing bankruptcy or the bank calling the loan due on sale? By the way Pace himself was on a similar thread to this that I started a few months back and his strategy for avoiding the due on sale clause was completely wrong, then when I  pointed that out and asked him to explain, he stopped replying. I thought that was weird. Here's the thread: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/921/topics/1139443-due-...

     The reason your posts have been getting taken down is because for awhile there, back in September last year the forums were inundated with dozens of Pace students posting the exact same thing word for word and it was clearly self-promotional (and super annoying). Apparently he paid them or required them to come on here and say things like that he's a go-giver and provides way more value then we'll ever know and stuff like that. It was weird to me because I had never heard of the guy before personally and it wasn't a good intro. Made me question why someone would be so insecure to need to do that.  

  • Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 23 votes
    2y
    Sale Price All in Cost
    330000169000Baywood
    320000185000Howell
    175000131000Morning Glory
    285000210000Garfield
    285000211000Huntsman
    440000252000Goodhue
  • Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 23 votes
    2y

    Pace teaches several strategies with due on sale. 

    first of all, negotiate with bank to find out a payment schedule. If does not work, then deed back the property to seller and using a title company perform an executory contract. Secondly, if this fails, he offers insurance through Equity Assurance that basically pay offs the underlying note through refinance. If this fails, then perform a land trust strategy. By the way, we have a discord private channel where you post your questions and other members answer and provide constructive feedback.

    Pace has not compensated for making this post. I just want the truth to be known to the world. Bigger pockets is acting like a Deep State actor in my opinion by censoring critical information.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    @steve 

    @Steve K.I have done 6 wraps, 1 sub to. I joined June 2023. Steve, I can send you HUD statements to prove it. Bigger pockets keeps taking down my post claiming its self promotion. Pace sub to is the REAL DEAL.

    Probably because it is. Very few believe anything coming out of that group. Maybe you'll get your Lambo one day. 
  • Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    Pace teaches several strategies with due on sale. 

    first of all, negotiate with bank to find out a payment schedule. If does not work, then deed back the property to seller and using a title company perform an executory contract. Secondly, if this fails, he offers insurance through Equity Assurance that basically pay offs the underlying note through refinance. If this fails, then perform a land trust strategy. By the way, we have a discord private channel where you post your questions and other members answer and provide constructive feedback.

    Pace has not compensated for making this post. I just want the truth to be known to the world. Bigger pockets is acting like a Deep State actor in my opinion by censoring critical information.

    Search these forums for “Equity Assurance”. 
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y

    “He offers insurance that basically pays off the note”

    There is no insurance company on the planet that would insure that.

    He may give you a personal loan. But if you are a member how about asking for a copy of that insurance policy - love to see what it says and who has ever gotten insurance…

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:
    Sale Price All in Cost
    330000169000Baywood
    320000185000Howell
    175000131000Morning Glory
    285000210000Garfield
    285000211000Huntsman
    440000252000Goodhue

     Thanks for sharing these! We’ve had about 10,000 posts on here with people proclaiming how great the community is, but you’re one of the very few to follow up with actual deal examples. Another person gave an example that was so overly-complicated and heavily branded (whole-tail to a retail to a donkey-tail with a gator covering the entrance fee… lol), I had trouble even following it but once we dissected what was going on, she could have just taken a hard money loan and done a flip and made more money, plus it would have been a lot more simple and less risky. Assuming the all-in cost you have listed here is taking care of the arrears payments and down payment to seller? Are you financing those with gator lenders/ partners? What are the fair market values of these properties/ recent appraised value/ what do the comps say compared to purchase price? Any more thoughts about the risk of the seller filing bankruptcy or the bank calling DOSC now that we know the major downsides of executory contracts spelled out nicely in detail by Ken above? Also be careful asking these questions in the community, others have commented on here that they have been kicked out for asking the wrong questions! 

  • Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 23 votes
    2y

    @Chris Seveney

    @Steve K.

    Hey Guys, just be happy paying your 9% DSCR loans, it seems you are too heavily invested with the status quo. Here is the website of the insurance company: https://www.equityins.net/

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    @Chris Seveney

    @Steve K.

    Hey Guys, just be happy paying your 9% DSCR loans, it seems you are too heavily invested with the status quo. Here is the website of the insurance company: https://www.equityins.net/


    Ok this is auto insurance for bad credit folks ?  where does it say you can get DOS insurance ? that we all know does not exist. unless proven otherwise of course..  
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    Pace teaches several strategies with due on sale. 

    first of all, negotiate with bank to find out a payment schedule. If does not work, then deed back the property to seller and using a title company perform an executory contract. Secondly, if this fails, he offers insurance through Equity Assurance that basically pay offs the underlying note through refinance. If this fails, then perform a land trust strategy. By the way, we have a discord private channel where you post your questions and other members answer and provide constructive feedback.

    Pace has not compensated for making this post. I just want the truth to be known to the world. Bigger pockets is acting like a Deep State actor in my opinion by censoring critical information.

    Sounds like the insurance is simply a refi that makes sense it not insurance in the sense we all are thinking it is. and the link you provided is an auto insurer LOL.. On a wrap you can do a DIL for sure. Land trust does not work.. there are tax implications to both parties when you GIVE back the property .. keep in mind and I have not seen one person address that.. The one buying has debt relief .. And unfortunately if the deal gets to this stage the original seller is getting their credit hammered unless they are making the payments when you are not. Best way to handle these is to simply pull cash out of your reserves or unsecured Credit line and pay off the underlying and then you can just refi and get your cash back.. but of course far and few between that have that kind of cash or LOC available. Now I am not against sub to or wrap .. My dad was doing sub to and wraps in the last interest rate spike 1980 to 1985 he even had a company called California wrap LOL this up and running before most of you guys on his site were born. WE did hundreds of these.. Nothing is new here its just rehashed and brought to market by very astute marketers and their fulfillment companies.. I for one hand it to Pace for what he has accomplished on that end.. However the real fact is there are going to be some sellers that are going to be cremated by bad actors and those that are under capitalized and dont have the means to solve these problems that could arise and will arise. @steve

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    @Chris Seveney

    @Steve K.

    Hey Guys, just be happy paying your 9% DSCR loans, it seems you are too heavily invested with the status quo. Here is the website of the insurance company: https://www.equityins.net/


    ACtually I have zero DSCR loans and who said I was investing with the status quo?

    BTW how did these deals work out for you? You want to share the addresses so we can see how well you are crushing it? How about sending us your sub2 deals as well since you must be the expert now. As every other post you have ever made on BP was to kiss the feet of pace.

    Real estate market is dead in southeast Texas. I have 3 properties, fully rehabbed and not a single interest. I have them on the MLS for the past 2 months and no offers. I have offered to rent them , no offers. I have offered owner financing and not offers. How are people managing, or is it only SE Texas? And yes, i have reduced the sale and leasing price. Is it just SE Texas ?? I have staged them as well

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    2y

    Crash! 

  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    @Chris Seveney

    @Steve K.

    Hey Guys, just be happy paying your 9% DSCR loans, it seems you are too heavily invested with the status quo. Here is the website of the insurance company: https://www.equityins.net/

    Actually, no... here is the website for the "insurance company" -- https://equityassurance.us/

    lol

    Search the archives… this is accurate. 

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tom Gimer:
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    @Chris Seveney

    @Steve K.

    Hey Guys, just be happy paying your 9% DSCR loans, it seems you are too heavily invested with the status quo. Here is the website of the insurance company: https://www.equityins.net/

    Actually, no... here is the website for the "insurance company" -- https://equityassurance.us/

    lol

    Search the archives… this is accurate. 


    thats classic nothing there it expired..  :)
  • Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    @Chris Seveney

    @Steve K.

    Hey Guys, just be happy paying your 9% DSCR loans, it seems you are too heavily invested with the status quo. Here is the website of the insurance company: https://www.equityins.net/

    Yeah, that links to auto insurance. Equity Assurance isn’t what you might think it is (it’s not insurance, and if somebody told you that’s what it is, then they told you less than the truth). Regarding the rest of your comment: I’d do a subto deal if there was a good reason to (such as a lot of equity in the deal), but I wouldn’t do one and pay retail or above market price, that’s for sure. There has to be a big reward for taking on that big additional risk and not only the risk but the additional headache of how these deals are structured. I would actually rather have a 9% dscr loan on a property with good equity than enter into some convoluted high-risk deal structure with no equity, even if the interest rate is a lot lower. Date the rate, marry the property. My last purchase I just made a higher down payment and plan to refinance next time rates come down. Gained $150k equity in that one at closing, so the 6.25% interest rate wasn’t a deal-breaker lol, no subto shenanigans needed. The benefit has to justify the risk, that’s why more experienced subto investors make sure they’re capturing equity as part of the deal, minimum 30% is what I’ve heard the experienced ones use. Jay, Ken, Mike and others on this thread have been doing subto deals since before we were probably born, so I’m sure they can speak to this and I’d listen to them over someone who has only been doing subto for a few years, even if they call themself the king of it lol. Most experienced people doing subto are also not going to be in these deals for very long, they will only hold them for a short time period because the risk increases the longer you hold the property. It’s not considered a good long-term debt instrument like you may have been taught, so without the equity there and ability to resell the property in the near future for a profit, there’s really no point in doing subto. Too much risk. Good luck though, it sounds like you may have already drank all the kool-aid and don’t seem to mind paying money for someone to tell you things that aren’t the whole truth. 
  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Steve K.:
    Quote from @Luis Ramos:

    @Chris Seveney

    @Steve K.

    Hey Guys, just be happy paying your 9% DSCR loans, it seems you are too heavily invested with the status quo. Here is the website of the insurance company: https://www.equityins.net/

    Yeah, that links to auto insurance. Equity Assurance isn’t what you might think it is (it’s not insurance, and if somebody told you that’s what it is, then they told you less than the truth). Regarding the rest of your comment: I’d do a subto deal if there was a good reason to (such as a lot of equity in the deal), but I wouldn’t do one and pay retail or above market price, that’s for sure. There has to be a big reward for taking on that big additional risk and not only the risk but the additional headache of how these deals are structured. I would actually rather have a 9% dscr loan on a property with good equity than enter into some convoluted high-risk deal structure with no equity, even if the interest rate is a lot lower. Date the rate, marry the property. My last purchase I just made a higher down payment and plan to refinance next time rates come down. Gained $150k equity in that one at closing, so the 6.25% interest rate wasn’t a deal-breaker lol, no subto shenanigans needed. The benefit has to justify the risk, that’s why more experienced subto investors make sure they’re capturing equity as part of the deal, minimum 30% is what I’ve heard the experienced ones use. Jay, Ken, Mike and others on this thread have been doing subto deals since before we were probably born, so I’m sure they can speak to this and I’d listen to them over someone who has only been doing subto for a few years, even if they call themself the king of it lol. Most experienced people doing subto are also not going to be in these deals for very long, they will only hold them for a short time period because the risk increases the longer you hold the property. It’s not considered a good long-term debt instrument like you may have been taught, so without the equity there and ability to resell the property in the near future for a profit, there’s really no point in doing subto. Too much risk. Good luck though, it sounds like you may have already drank all the kool-aid and don’t seem to mind paying money for someone to tell you things that aren’t the whole truth. 

     Yep. It's like being hit by a drunk driver and having to go to a level 1 trauma center. You want the trauma and neuro surgeons with 30 years experience that went to Johns Hopkins etc

     over the one just out of the medical school in Grenada. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.