Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Max Briggs
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
Votes |
Does anybody actually like the book Rich Dad Poor Dad?

Max Briggs
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
Posted Dec 9 2017, 13:41

The book Rich Dad Poor Dad is frequently sited by people as being a great book for real estate investors and I have no idea why.  I read the book and I found it to be poorly written, incredibly repetitive, lacking anything resembling real advice.  The entire book can be summed up in one sentences:  Investing money is better than spending it all and just about anyone can be an investor.   The rest of the book is just braggadocios statements about the money he has made, bad accounting practices, and a terrible attempt at a narrative involving his friend and his friend's dad.  Not to mention a completely condensing attitude toward his biological father, who while not a particularly savvy investor, did manage to afford him a pretty well-off upbringing that may have influenced his ability  to take the risks that he did in his own life.  I am astonished that the book gets credited with anything except possibly a mild attempt at inspiration.  It has less information than an introductory paragraphs of a personal finance or investing  book.  In my opinion everyone's time would be better spent reading "The Book on Real Estate Investing", visiting the Financial Samurai or Nerd Wallet, or equivalent blogs, or any rags to riches biography.  Please tell me what I'm missing, because in my opinion the book is just awful.

Loading replies...