Anyone heard of AstroFlipping?

Anyone heard of AstroFlipping?

Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 8 votes
Has anyone heard of astroflipping? Just watched the video by Josiah. Curious if anyone has done one of the 45 minute phone calls. Any thoughts on this or knowledge of this are welcome. 80 plus deals a month seems to good to be true.
1Reply
267 views

Most Popular Reply

Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 545 posts · 614 votes
7y

@Matt Mcnulty Josiah is doing nothing new, AstroFliping is just a marketing buzzword to get people to look at the specific technology product he's pushing, his App. Using the word "Flipping" will not get people like you to give him your email address to see the video while also building his email list, the additional step in this is getting registered users to sign up for the App. We are taught this strategy in Business school, It looks like he's either trying to get enough registered users to get Series A funding, or he's already received a small Series A fund and is now trying to beat his obligated milestones in order to get Series B funding. A typical hurdle for obtaining Series B funding is to achieve a large boost in registered users for your App.   

When I attend the larger REI conventions I see many companies pushing this concept of Wholesaling via an App or as you've been pitched to as "AstroFlipping". Most of the larger late night TV "We Buy Houses" commercial companies have all moved into this space as well, some have terrible Apps because they aren't really tech savvy and didn't want to spend the money, others really don't understand how important the algorithms are in the ingenuity of their platforms.

What he's trying to do is capture the portion of the flipping market that isn't aware of the latest use of technology products in the REI industry. There are Real Estate tech companies that have created Apps that do what traditional wholesalers use to do with Direct mail campaigns and Cold calling from list.

See this reply in the discussion

54 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2017 · 696 posts · 660 votes
    7y

    @Matt Mcnulty I have not, then again I am not into the flipping side.  The name and the volume combined with all the hype out there as the cycle gets long in the tooth makes me suspect of anything guru/system related.  Buy good properties in stable areas and hold them for a long time, rinse and repeat.haha

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Matt Mcnulty to me 80 deals a month seems like a nightmare.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ned Carey:

    @Matt Mcnulty to me 80 deals a month seems like a nightmare.

     and not remotely real.

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    7y

    @Jay Hinrichs

    The guru promises just get crazier!

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Don Konipol:

    @Jay Hinrichs

    The guru promises just get crazier!

     I just went right to  George Jetson wasn't that the name of their dog ?  :)

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    What in the world is astroflipping? Are we flipping rocks on Mars and marking claim on them?

  • Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 545 posts · 614 votes
    7y

    @Matt Mcnulty Josiah is doing nothing new, AstroFliping is just a marketing buzzword to get people to look at the specific technology product he's pushing, his App. Using the word "Flipping" will not get people like you to give him your email address to see the video while also building his email list, the additional step in this is getting registered users to sign up for the App. We are taught this strategy in Business school, It looks like he's either trying to get enough registered users to get Series A funding, or he's already received a small Series A fund and is now trying to beat his obligated milestones in order to get Series B funding. A typical hurdle for obtaining Series B funding is to achieve a large boost in registered users for your App.   

    When I attend the larger REI conventions I see many companies pushing this concept of Wholesaling via an App or as you've been pitched to as "AstroFlipping". Most of the larger late night TV "We Buy Houses" commercial companies have all moved into this space as well, some have terrible Apps because they aren't really tech savvy and didn't want to spend the money, others really don't understand how important the algorithms are in the ingenuity of their platforms.

    What he's trying to do is capture the portion of the flipping market that isn't aware of the latest use of technology products in the REI industry. There are Real Estate tech companies that have created Apps that do what traditional wholesalers use to do with Direct mail campaigns and Cold calling from list.

  • Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Ray Johnson Thank you for the reply. I can understand that he is trying to lure people in to get people to register and then hopefully purchase his product. I have seen alot of ads lately promoting the latest greatest REI app. However, my question would be then if there is an app out there that truely replaces wholesalers and direct mail then why isn't everyone using it?

    Thanks,

    Matt McNulty

  • Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 137 votes
    7y

    I myself just watched the video, case study, introduction- whatever you want to call it and I am skeptical as can be on this one. I agree with what @Ray Johnson said that most likely this a ploy to steer people towards the app especially the number of times he mentions how many times you do not need to pick up the phone- do not get how they are getting the deals signed to then wholesale and market without picking up the phone and doing all the "Front end" work. 

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I just watched his video.  80 deals per month.  He had about 15 people in the picture with him.  I assume they work with him.  Meaning, incredible high fixed expenses with salaries, office rent, etc.  I am a flip lender and don't know anyone flipping (astroflipping) near this many deals per months.  ?????????????

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    I inquired and scheduled the 45min call just to see what it was about. They couldn't really go into detail about what it was they would do to help my business reach the next level without giving away the "secrets." It was all a pitch to purchase a course for $5,800. Then I said no and they said I could spread it into 4 payments of $1,450. I said no again and they said I could pay $1,000 a month for 6 months. At that point I was thinking they might as well just give it to me for $99 which is probably what its actually worth. They are also only in AZ, FL, and two other markets I forgot but I didn't see how it would apply to my market in Chicago and they couldn't tell me how it would either. The whole call was a validation of things I'm already doing and nothing that was actually new. Maybe I'm wrong and they are helping people in some way. I just don't have that kind of money to invest in YET another company promising to make me 6 to 7 figures per month. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2008 · 16 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Sade Queen, thanks for saving my 45 of my time I'd never get back.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    @danielseigal no problem

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 2 votes
    7y

    Here's an interview that Josiah did on Real Estate Disruptors. His investment company is KeyGlee, based in my market here in Phoenix. They actually do a lot of deals here. I thought it was worth the listen. 

    http://www.realestatedisruptors.com/interview/interview-with-josiah-grimes/ 

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    There were zero details in his case study. A case study with no details. Wow. 

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    In my case, they started pitching their fees under 20 minutes into the call. $7.8k or $5.8k if I sign up during the call. To add insult to injury, so to speak, their sales pitch was very, very uninspiring. They'll need to do better than that. A lot better. For a company with next to no reputation and no details about what the heck they were selling, free trial or money-back guarantee, etc. is the minimum they need to offer. For me, being a "nobody", this is how I sell my stuff (seller leads of verified vacant and tax delinquent homeowners), I send my clients names and contact numbers of homeowners who have actually returned my call or text, I charge NO upfront fees, my clients only pay me when/after they get a deal under contract.

  • Trout Run, PA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    I watched the case study and decided to do a little more Due Diligence. Read on through the thread.... Ray Johnson and Fola Sade, I think have hit the nail on the head. I am self taught on the computer (since the Commodore 64) and always looking for gadgets, apps etc. to make things easier, spending a lot of money over the years doing so.(I have learned to be a little more frugal" The bottom line is... "Watch & Learn" "Ask Questions" "Try not to make the same mistakes twice" "Do your Due Diligence" and "Enjoy what you are doing" "There is nothing more satisfying than a job well done and having people admire your work".
  • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @Nice Ride so you’re bird dogging then? I’ve heard that that is a good way to start out and get some experience while collecting a small fee.

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 530 posts · 398 votes
    6y

    @Chris Grizzaffi Lol!

    This is interesting. So is this all dependent on volume?

  • Rental Property Investor · 95660 · Member since 2018 · 46 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    I googled it and came up with "it's wholesaling multiple properties at one to investors. That's all it is."

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Josh Montavon, aren’t you their Operations Manager?? At least that what there corporate listing says?!?

  • Real Estate Broker · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2010 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Chris Grizzaffi Ha right, most people don’t know what a case study actually is :)

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Hey Guys,

    I am an actual member of astroflipping and have gone through the entire course.  I have not been in the real estate game for a long time and this course has provided me with all the necessary steps to start my own business confidently. The course is compiled of 6 weeks each consisting 10 hours worth of content. The first week is mindset, second, describes real estate foundations, third describes the astro flipping wholesale strategy which by far has helped me the most.  The next couple weeks include, business organization, and acquisition and disposition wholesaling strategies. Personally, I have gotten the most value from the scripts as they provide how to handle every situation with buyers, sellers and other wholesalers as well as contract templates for every type of deal.

    The live calls with Josiah Grimes have really accelerated my growth as well. Getting to talk live with an investor who has done hundreds, possibly thousands of deals is truly valuable.

    The support team is also very good, Anytime I asked a question to unlock a certain part of the training or asked a question in the private facebook group, I always get responses within a couple hours from other members and staff of Key Glee.

    If you have any questions about the course, I will answer

  • East Orange, NJ · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Andrew Letendre

    At the start of your response you say you are an active member but at the end of the you toss a disclaimer that you are not a member. I’m utterly confused and you do not sound reliable now due to conflicting statements.

  • Real Estate Investor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Drew L.

    Can you please give us a quick summary of what the astro flipping strategy is?

    My impression is that you try to work with all the wholesalers in town to find buyers for their properties, and add a small markup to each sale.  Is that accurate?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.