Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Brian Garrett
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Palm Beach County, FL
Votes |
Does your realtor analyze and/or vet potential deals first?

Brian Garrett
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Palm Beach County, FL
Posted Nov 8 2017, 09:13

I'm currently networking with realtors in my area hoping to find a great deal to either BRRRR and/or Flip.

So far the realtors I've talked to are just sending me listings on the MLS without vetting the deals based on my criteria.

Sometimes they don't even provide market rent or recently sold comps for the subject properties.

How am I supposed to efficiently analyze a potential deal without having any of the pertinent information?

Are you guys taking the time to research every listing that gets sent to you to find the most recent comps, find out what similar properties are renting for in the area, etc? Or is your realtor digging into the listings to vet out the junk and then only sending you the properties they think could work for you? I'm trying to figure out if my expectations are too high or if the realtors that I've connected with are just lazy and trying to take the easy way out without having to put much time or effort into making deals happen.

For example last week I had a realtor send me 67 properties on the MLS. After looking at the first 2 I quickly realized they didn't meet the criteria I had sent them. I didn't even bother looking at the other 65 since I know the deals were not vetted at all.

So I guess what I'm asking is should a realtor be vetting out properties based on your criteria or is it typical for them to just send you everything that's out there and leave it up to you to do the due diligence, research and analysis yourself?

Loading replies...