Has BiggerPockets Helped Your Real Estate Investing?

Has BiggerPockets Helped Your Real Estate Investing?

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

As you know, our Success Stories forum is a place where you can share all your little successes, and we encourage you to do so because when others hear about these accomplishments, they are more likely to want to connect with and work with you.

I definitely encourage everyone to share your ongoing successes here in this forum.

Case Studies of BiggerPockets Success
That said, we're now launching a new page on the site devoted to case studies of users who want to go into more detail about how BiggerPockets has helped their real estate business.

You can find the page here, and as you can see, we ask the same 4 questions in these mini-interviews.

We'd LOVE to add your stories to this page, so I'm asking everyone here to help out. If BiggerPockets has been beneficial to your real estate investing or to your business, please get in touch and hopefully we can feature you in our list of case studies.

It is a great way to get yourself some exposure and to give back to BiggerPockets.

We look forward to hearing from interested parties!

Link: BiggerPockets Case Studies

4Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Karen MargraveBusiness Member
Moderator
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

As an update to my case study, we are now working with a BP member that is going to be doing a Joint Venture partnership with us, and have others wanting to do the same. I've talked to people from around the world calling me for info on development. 

We've also made some great connections for different types of financing, met a lot of new people at the Orange County Meetup that I helped a few other members get started, etc. In addition, I have learned a tremendous amount from Bryan Hancock and others on crowdfunding. 

Biggerpockets helps keep everyone on the cutting edge of what's happening in the market, new resources (software, systems, ideas such as J. Scotts live feed) I Love this site and the other members, it's like family!

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Submitted mine. Awesome idea, Joshua Dorkin!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Thanks James Vermillion! We've got you included on the Case Studies page now, too!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    We've got a slew of great new case studies up on the site . . . check 'em out!

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Looking good...keep em coming folks!

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    As an update to my case study, we are now working with a BP member that is going to be doing a Joint Venture partnership with us, and have others wanting to do the same. I've talked to people from around the world calling me for info on development. 

    We've also made some great connections for different types of financing, met a lot of new people at the Orange County Meetup that I helped a few other members get started, etc. In addition, I have learned a tremendous amount from Bryan Hancock and others on crowdfunding. 

    Biggerpockets helps keep everyone on the cutting edge of what's happening in the market, new resources (software, systems, ideas such as J. Scotts live feed) I Love this site and the other members, it's like family!

  • Investor · Henderson, CO · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    I have received some great advice from one of the managers of this site; and reassurance that I am not the only person who has ever made the mistakes I have made. I love this site! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Country Club Hills, IL · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 22 votes
    12y

    After spending a lot of time and money on unworkable an outdated programs, books and videos that claimed to teach the "secrets" of the investment gurus, BP has helped me realize that there really are no secrets or push-button shortcuts to REI. The best way to learn (possibly the only real way to learn) is by doing and networking with those who are doing.

    In addition, the information that I've gotten has caused me to focus my investment strategy rather take a shotgun approach.

    Thanks BP!

    Gary

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 605 posts · 103 votes
    12y

    BP has helped me to better understand what a good deal really looks like. I have used both calculators to see if deals make sense. I would like to now get into many other aspects of RE. The website has opened my mind to a whole new world of creative finance in real estate as well as how to build leads to purchase property directly from sellers and avoid the MLS. Just a short while ago I had never heard of wholesalers, ARV, statement of work (rehabs), subject to, wraps, and the plethora of other investment options in RE. I have been investing in the stock market for 15 years, but nothing I have invested in previously has provided more cash flow that my rentals. I also love the podcasts which I just found about a month ago and I feel so appreciative that you all put this together. I think I am the only one in the world :) that has been missing out on all the actionable steps your guests provide on the podcasts. I try to find long trips to drive around and listen to the podcasts, only problem is I have to go home and write notes on my plan! The site has helped me to focus on a business and marketing plan as well as short term and long term goals. Thank you so much to the community at large!

    @Joshua D. @Brandon Turner I truly appreciate all you do for the betterment of the Real Estate investment community and I wish you great successful in all your future endeavors.

  • Contractor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 90 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    BP has definitely been helpful to me. With all the mistakes I've made before discovering BP -- thanks largely to the under-education and inflated promises I've received from gurus -- BP has enabled me to get REAL advice from REAL successful people in the business of real estate. No longer need I feel lost, or forced to purchase the next course or mentoring program, to learn what I need to learn.

    Also thanks to BP, I have gained valuable resources, connections, advice, and even a prospect (for my notes business).

    BP is the best! And I'll tell you what: if we all work together to get the word out about BP, maybe we can lure potential great future real estate investors away from those gurus, who are getting rich feeding people half-information at best, and poor information at worst!

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 307 posts · 170 votes
    12y

    There is a great amount of good info on this site.  As well as on the financial sites there is alot of pumping style posts on here that have very little value.

  • Investor · Peachtree Corners, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    After dealing with a closing attorney selected by the buyer's mortgage company I was reminded yet again how excellent my attorney is.  I wish I could use the Wagner Law Firm for everyone of my closings,  I'm doing three this week with them and they are going as smoothly as possible.  I found the law firm via J Scott and BP.    

  • Real Estate Investor · Minneapolis , MN · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 33 votes
    12y
    Definitely
  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    11y

    I know I'm late to this, but I have a few stories myself :)  I've shared via the blog feature.  I love this site!

  • Pike Road, AL · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Looking great ,bigger pockets helped everyone.Many amount info is there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.