Head of Real Estate Investing at BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 355 posts · 829 votes
Hey everyone -- we're trying to get a sense of what the BP community plans to do in the coming months, given the impact of coronavirus and the related economic ramifications. Could you please take 2 minutes to fill out this survey? We want to make sure we're meeting the needs of real estate investors in this changing environment, and hearing from you will help us a ton.
a 4plex in the East Valley of the PHX MSA fell through contract a couple of days ago and the agent wanted me to submit an offer. I gave him the price and terms and he sent me the docs to sign but I had to decline given the uncertainty and really calculating the risks involved. I feel like I should be focusing on operating the 8 units I have efficiently by keeping my current tenants and protecting my capital and being patient
I would have been using a hard money lender (80% LTV, 10%, 1yr loan term) to acquire and then begin renovations and raising rents to market. and then do a VA cashout refinance or FHA and move into one of the units. so my risk is if the property will not hold its value or go down and I cant refinance and/or if my new tennat base will be able to afford the new rents ($950).
My gut is telling me to stay liquid and see how this plays out but there's this FOMO (fear of missing out) side that thinks this will blow over and I won't have a deal. I want another 4plex this year.
how would you guys feel about getting a property under contract right now? to pause and wait or to take action and buy?
Done. There's one question that is specific to first-time investors, but doesn't make much sense for us with big/bigger portfolios. The only answer I could pick that made sense was "Not sure."
I completed my survey, wanted to know what is the intent of this survey. Data change every day and most likely data will be very unpredictable, just exponentially growing in the next week, so this subject almost null... no one will expect that.