Mid Term Rental Operators In Columbus Ohio

Mid Term Rental Operators In Columbus Ohio

Kenneth GarrettPro Member
Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes

I have a few MTR's and STR's in Florida. They are doing very well there. Looking for feedback from MTR operators near Ohio State University, Hospitals or other locations within the city. I'm happy to share my thoughts on Florida market, especially in the panhandle.

7Reply
194 views

Most Popular Reply

Marc RiceBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7mo
Quote from @Kenneth Garrett:

I have a few MTR's and STR's in Florida. They are doing very well there. Looking for feedback from MTR operators near Ohio State University, Hospitals or other locations within the city. I'm happy to share my thoughts on Florida market, especially in the panhandle.


 It's great here with the University, Medical Centres and Hospitals. The neighborhood is also perfect for MTR - High Demand!

Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Kenneth Garrett:

    I have a few MTR's and STR's in Florida. They are doing very well there. Looking for feedback from MTR operators near Ohio State University, Hospitals or other locations within the city. I'm happy to share my thoughts on Florida market, especially in the panhandle.


     It's great here with the University, Medical Centres and Hospitals. The neighborhood is also perfect for MTR - High Demand!

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo

    I’ve seen MTRs in Columbus work best around OSU and the big hospitals when the place is simple and turnkey, with good Wi-Fi, parking, and laundry.

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate539 Reviews
  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 915 votes
    7mo

    @Kenneth Garrett

    From what I’ve seen, Columbus has really strong demand around OSU, the hospitals, and neighborhoods with easy access to amenities. MTRs do best when units are turnkey, with reliable Wi-Fi, laundry, and parking, tenants care about convenience just as much as location. If you’re looking to expand out-of-state, focusing on these high-demand pockets and professional property management can make it almost hands-off while keeping cash flow solid.

  • Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 10 votes
    7mo
    I have MTRs in the Cleveland area near Cleveland Clinic and I was hoping for better traction. How do you market your properties for highest response rates?
  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7mo

    @Daniela Schaal

    I use furnished finder, airbnb and Zillow. I’ve had the most success in this order, but each market is different:

    1. Furnished Finder

    2 Zillow

    3. Airbnb

    • Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 10 votes
      7mo

      @Kenneth Garrett appreciate the response. I will try all 3. Had limited myself to Airbnb and VRBO and am not liking it much. 

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Kenneth Garrett:

    I have a few MTR's and STR's in Florida. They are doing very well there. Looking for feedback from MTR operators near Ohio State University, Hospitals or other locations within the city. I'm happy to share my thoughts on Florida market, especially in the panhandle.


     Most LTR PMCs can do MTRs, but NOT STRs.

  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Kenneth Garrett:

    I have a few MTR's and STR's in Florida. They are doing very well there. Looking for feedback from MTR operators near Ohio State University, Hospitals or other locations within the city. I'm happy to share my thoughts on Florida market, especially in the panhandle.


     I sold a ton of short term rentals in Columbus especially in the short north, Westerville, and near nationwide children's hospital area. Check airDNA and get statistics. 

  • Mike PaolucciBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2022 · 492 posts · 550 votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Kenneth Garrett:

    I have a few MTR's and STR's in Florida. They are doing very well there. Looking for feedback from MTR operators near Ohio State University, Hospitals or other locations within the city. I'm happy to share my thoughts on Florida market, especially in the panhandle.

    I've had a good experience so far with my MTR in Columbus. Lots of construction workers, insurance providers and medical professionals all looking for good units to rent out. You can find some success outside of the campus area as well with the right PM. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.