Wholesellers - Stop. Read this. Wholesaling is ...

Wholesellers - Stop. Read this. Wholesaling is ...

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes

...Dumb.

[Sorry to be mean.  My comments as an owner -- rant ahead]

Seriously.  How much are you guys paying for your "lists".   How many of you think buying a list of: owners that got a red tag.  owners that got an eviction.  owners with an out of state address, etc  is going to be the key to finding a distressed buyer.

Here is screen shots of texts to my phone.  Keep in mind:

* I normally delete them. So this is just wants left (I get more)
* This only includes texts that have the name "Sebastian" in them (which isn't even my name.  It's the guy I sold it to.  Which means I get texts about just this one property that are not on here as the 1st name isn't referenced thus didn't show in my search)
* I sold this property maybe 15 years ago. It was literally one of my first SFH fix and flips. So daaamn, how out of date can this be?

Do you think when you buy your lists to spam, that its not going to be someone that's got 100000 texts, emails, calls already?   The lists you buy have out of date info.  They're being bought by the same billion other people who saw some post on BP about how to make money with no money.   And even if you get a reply, you still have to somehow get it under contract at a price that'll allow you to assign it to someone else (or double close).

I just can't think there are people making money in this space.  And if there are, it can't be more than 1% of the people.  The rest are taking classes ($), buying books ($), buying lists ($), paying for text blasting ($),  email blasting ($), having virtual assistance to call and spam people ($).   Even if you do get a deal, after you subtract all your costs, what are you making per hour?

Now I'm sure of the 1,000,000 readers of BP, a few might comment "Oh you're so wrong.  Just last year I assigned a house and made $6,000!".   And that's great.  But -- and I don't want to sound like the filthy 1%'er I am -- couldn't you have added way more value to your life by spending that time and energy in a different aspect of RE?   

Enough rant.  Here are some texts.  Again, this is just for ONE house (that I sold a looooong time ago).  And it's just the texts that have the buyers name and the ones I didn't delete.

PS:  I've actually replied to a few of them.  I used to say something like "That's not mine, but if you'd like to offer on something of mine, here is a list of what I have", etc.  Or sometimes I'll ask about what list they bought that had the specific property they're asking about. 

 Know how many people replied back?  Nearly zero.  Which is crazy since if this is a numbers game (blast to 1,000,000 people.  Hope 1% reply.  Of those, hope 1% you can get under contract.  Of that, hope 10% can make $).  You'd think any reply would cause an action.  But nope.    So really -- maybe -- I just don't get it.   Maybe I'm the dumb one.  Maybe these guys are crushing it and I'm just pounding away on my keyboard on BP like a dork.

23Reply
367 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y

Let me tell you what is really dumb.

1. Coming to the WHOLESALING BOARD and then telling people wholesaling is dumb

2. Coming to a wholesaling board and then telling people, wholesaling(ers) are dumb thereby insulting probably half the people, calling them, and their dreams and passions "dumb"

Just saying...

Let me tell you what is NOT dumb.

If you don't like wholesaling, don't go to the wholesaling board where people want to learn how to do it the right way. They want to learn.

Guys, it is like every other post is from people crapping on wholesaling. Do you seriously not see how retarded this is?

So if you think wholesaling is done the wrong way, then TEACH them to do it the right way!


 Why be such a depressing negative force on the board where people come to be inspired to do it the right way.

Wholesaling is NOT sending texts blasts. Wholesaling is not, pestering cash buyers with lousy deals. etc. etc. Those are People that don't know how to wholesale. 

Wholesaling is getting a property under market value, and then assigning that contract to a cash buyer so they provide the cash buyer and the seller with value. Everyone thinks wholesaling is a free, no money needed strategy that magically will make you rich... OK tell them show them how it is done. But if you say wholesaling is dumb... it is YOU that is dumb, because many people are making a fortune wholesaling. That alone proves you are wrong right?

Let me ask you something.

Would you appreciate it if I brought you a deal 10% of the ARV (so if the house is $100K I get it under contract for $10K) where you would make $70K in profits in just 7 weeks?

Yes?

THAT is wholesaling. Not because so many do it wrong does it mean everyone is wrong or should stop doing it.,

Agian..

Stop whining  and start contributing, or just stay out of the wholesaling forum!

Seriously!

See this reply in the discussion

104 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    Screen shots below (address edited per tip from another user). These could be people looking for flips or BRRR (or is it BRRRR ?) . By area code most seem to be from Houston but I'll still get some from Vegas and San Diego.

  • Investor · Greensboro NC · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 21 votes
    4y

    Cody,

    Great post. I basically came to the forums this morning to write the same post as yours. I find the spam texts annoying, but just like you I feel like people are being sold a plan that just won't work in this market, or maybe any market. 

  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    4y

    A lot of "want to be wholesalers" are tempted by the belief that they can wholesale with little money.  They do not realize how difficult wholesaling is.  They do not realize that finding sellers is very difficult.  They do not realize that the margins on many purchases do not leave much opportunity for the wholesaler to make a good return.   

    We get contacted every day from people wanting to purchase some of our properties.  The callers, testers, emailers do not know the condition of the properties.  They are basically fishing and calling, emailing, texting on every property.  It seems very inefficient.

    In addition, many wholesalers are not upfront with the seller on what they are doing.  The ethics behind this is for each to determine but my view is that the ethical wholesaler is upfront with the seller on the role of the wholesaler in the transaction.  The ethical wholesaler makes sure that they can close even if their desired buyer pulls out.  It is my view that a fairly low percentage of the wholesalers meet my expectation for ethical wholesaler.  I am all for the ethical wholesaler but do not think it is easy route.

    There are other low cost ways to get into RE than wholesaler, but many of them do benefit from finding motivated sellers.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    Let me tell you what is really dumb.

    1. Coming to the WHOLESALING BOARD and then telling people wholesaling is dumb

    2. Coming to a wholesaling board and then telling people, wholesaling(ers) are dumb thereby insulting probably half the people, calling them, and their dreams and passions "dumb"

    Just saying...

    Let me tell you what is NOT dumb.

    If you don't like wholesaling, don't go to the wholesaling board where people want to learn how to do it the right way. They want to learn.

    Guys, it is like every other post is from people crapping on wholesaling. Do you seriously not see how retarded this is?

    So if you think wholesaling is done the wrong way, then TEACH them to do it the right way!


     Why be such a depressing negative force on the board where people come to be inspired to do it the right way.

    Wholesaling is NOT sending texts blasts. Wholesaling is not, pestering cash buyers with lousy deals. etc. etc. Those are People that don't know how to wholesale. 

    Wholesaling is getting a property under market value, and then assigning that contract to a cash buyer so they provide the cash buyer and the seller with value. Everyone thinks wholesaling is a free, no money needed strategy that magically will make you rich... OK tell them show them how it is done. But if you say wholesaling is dumb... it is YOU that is dumb, because many people are making a fortune wholesaling. That alone proves you are wrong right?

    Let me ask you something.

    Would you appreciate it if I brought you a deal 10% of the ARV (so if the house is $100K I get it under contract for $10K) where you would make $70K in profits in just 7 weeks?

    Yes?

    THAT is wholesaling. Not because so many do it wrong does it mean everyone is wrong or should stop doing it.,

    Agian..

    Stop whining  and start contributing, or just stay out of the wholesaling forum!

    Seriously!

  • Realtor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2017 · 541 posts · 442 votes
    4y

    It's been an entire day without a "Wholesaling sucks" topic on the wholesaling board so thank you so much for this!

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    4y

    I THINK that there’s a huge difference between the few full time, proven successful individuals who wholesale and the vast majority of wanna be, no cash, little knowledge spammers who try for 3-6 months and are then move  on to the next “hot thing”.

    I ASSUME that there are (may be ) some long term very successful wholesalers making a fortune at it.  I say assume because I have never been able to verify this.  Which is quite unusual since I’ve been in one aspect of real estate investing or another for 43 years.  You’d think that in 43 years I would run across people who made millions wholesaling, but I haven’t.  Now, I’ve made millions in 1- property investing 2- private mortgage loans, 3- buying existing notes and 4 syndication.  And I’ve been able to verify others who made millions in property brokerage, property assemblage, rental investing, commercial property investing, loan brokerage, direct lending, etc.  But, the wholesalers I met were either gone in a very short period of time, or were just “earning a living” over a long period of time.  Oh, I’ve come across people who CLAIMED to have made millions as wholesalers, BUT, they either had a very strong motivation to lie (like they were selling a program or mentorship) or their claim just didn’t seem REAL.  

    In fact, I did some research that of course is NOT a statistically verifiable example, and found that in the few instances I researched the wholesalers claiming huge earnings were LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH. Does this mean that no wholesalers are earning big bucks.  Absolutely not.  As I stated, I believe that a very very small percentage are PROBABLY earning A LOT of money.  It’s just that I have never run into them.  

    And please, before you answer and tell me that you’re the wholesaler earning $500,000 per year; is your business based on selling something the sale of which relies on people believing you are earning big bucks utilizing the system you’re selling?  If so, I believe that IF you’re earning BIG BUCKS it’s probably from the SALE OF THE SYSTEM TO WHOLESALER WANNA BES, and not from wholesaling activity per se. 

    it seems to me that someone who GETS RICH wholesaling would need a somewhat substantial organization to accomplish this.  So, I don’t THINK that the individual working by himself, with a couple of contract individuals, or virtual assistants, would be able to earn enough from this activity to build real wealth.  So to build real wealth that individual would need employees to leverage their expertise and time, and cash invested in systems, salaries, marketing sales, working capital, purchasing properties they can’t flip right away, etc.  in other words an INTENSIVE business situation.  Which sounds A LOT different that what wholesaling is portrayed as by the people selling the mentorship services.

    Bottom line - MOST people interested in real estate are interested in real estate INVESTING - not in the real estate BUSINESS.  So, the people selling the wholesaling mentorship’s present it as a method of real estate INVESTING, or as way to get into real estate investing.  It is NOT.  wholesaling is a real estate related BUSINESS.  As such the skills, expertise, experience needed to succeed are FAR GREATER than what’s required to be a successful passive real property investor.  And quite frankly, most wanna be wholesalers DO NOT possess the skills, expertise, knowledge , experience, and capital necessary to succeed in the wholesaling business.  

    And one more thing.  I have completed over 600 real estate deals in my life AS A PRINCIPAL.  And guess what.  I have NEVER been presented with a good deal by a wholesaler. NEVER.  Not even when I used to do some residential deals.  In fact here is what I’ve concluded.  Most good purchases relating to commercial and investment property are done directly real estate investor to real estate investor!  When one party is either a user (such as a company utilizing their property for their business) or is an inexperienced investor, a broker usually is involved.  But not a wholesaler.  So it must be that wholesaling is basically restricted to the single family home market of sellers who, for one reason or another, can’t sell their property on their own AND can’t be helped by a broker.  A rather narrow market. 

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 58 posts · 44 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    The right way Dummy is to develop a relationship with an experienced real estate investor and have your investor by the property and when the deal closes escrow your investor pays you a finder fee bonehead!!!....It's just common sense you so called flat broke wannabe horrible wholesalers don't have no money no nothing bonehead why would you get in an contract with a seller of a house and you don't have no money bonehead?.... The way I described it is the right way to do it bonehead!!!.....You need to stop lying Bonehead nobody is making Millions so called wholesaling Bonehead it's a SUCKER born every minute!!!..... Wholesalers SUCK!!!!!!!   " THE FLIP KING" ...... " THE KING OF THE FLIP "



    how about u do yourself a favor and cool out...its clear that a wholesaler burned u good for u to be all inside your feelings like this. get therapy

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 327 votes
    4y

    I do think that “dumb” is a correct word here.  Whether one takes the meaning of the explanation behind the word as insult can speak to the recipient’s intelligence more than to the writer’s intent, in my opinionated view.  Besides, the writer immediately apologized for his use of the word.  (I need to point this out, because, as of this writing, your “defender” - who apparently also happens to have something to sell you - happens to have more votes than the OP.  But, I guess, this is supposed to be your safe place, dear wholesalers?  To me, tho, it’s just another post on BP, and I have something to say to you that some of you won’t like either.  But I have nothing to sell you… Just saying.)


    I have no properties in distress, no public record of evictions since I can’t remember what year, etc - no way should I be on any wholesaler’s list, unless it’s just a list of OOS owners. If that’s what some of you are paying money for, I really don’t get it. But if you’ve been led to believe you are paying for a list of distressed owners, demand your money back. Who am I talking to? Glad you asked:

    If you find your telemarketing number below, I am absolutely talking to you.


    While I am no fan of @Jerryll Noorden’s apparent undiplomatic (I am being diplomatic) self-promotion here and elsewhere - but know nothing about whether whatever he is (not?) selling actually works (and don’t care to learn about for my purposes) - perhaps those of you whose number is in the list below should reach out to him for some advice, no matter the price. (You are welcome, Jerryll.)  Cause I can tell you that whatever you are doing now (at least with me and the OP) ain’t working.  To wit:

    The following 62 numbers contacted me - without permission - this January. That’s exactly 2 contacts per day per each number, on average, that month. And some of these numbers contacted me more than once. And I have so many more numbers, neatly chronologized for forensic purposes for other time periods.

    Now, please try to understand: My numbers are registered in the federal Do Not Call Registry - I don’t want to be bothered by the likes of you. Stay with me: Do you think that people like me would want to do business with people who don’t even care to check the Registry - or outright ignore our desire not to be bothered, violation of which comes with civil penalties?… I am sure we can trust you to stick to other rules and not attempt to screw us over, in other words, to be ethical.


    Maybe there is some way to do wholesaling well.  Perhaps SEO is one such way - wherever learned/purchased from.  But if you do it the way this post describes, guess what people you are targeting are thinking about your intelligence and ethics.

    336-449-5792

    423-370-1164

    423-397-2096

    423-397-2269

    423-441-1850

    423-509-0054

    423-973-0240

    423-973-0242

    423–973-0247

    423-973–0248

    470-366-1794

    470-410-5709

    615-273-7000

    615-288-0280

    615-288-0372

    615-288-0395

    615-314-4118

    615-314-4119

    615-314-4120

    615-422-8340

    615-654-7578

    727-286-2271

    813-723-8324

    813-851-3960

    901-203-5399

    901-203-7359

    901-203-7938

    901-203-8042

    901-203-8065

    901-203-8081

    901-203-8082

    901-203-8084

    901-203-8085

    901-250-9341

    901-290-4536

    901-295-0950

    901-295-2837

    901-329-4741

    901-350-2984

    901-350-4577

    901-401-9813

    901-422-5579

    901-422-8503

    901-437-8344

    901-446-1857

    901-446-2216

    901-459-3652

    901-460-2977

    901-460-3576

    901-460-6818

    901-557-7156

    901-582-5639

    901-582-5680

    901-582-5906

    901-582-6983

    901-582-9544

    901-617-7702

    901-641-0683

    901-666-8952

    901-676-1093

    901-676-6144

    901-910-0515

  • Investor · Singapore · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    Stupid wholesalers doesn't begin to describe them. I get messages addressed to my ex wife (divorced over 18 years ago) for my first home, and for properties I sold a year ago. Even in the Bay Area where I can sell my home for multiple offers in cash in one week I get clueless wholesalers offering to "solve my problem". For my Indiana properties its an endless barrage of texts (and since I live in a different time zone they come at all hours of the night) and I have to silence my phone at night to avoid this nonsense. Add to that a basically exploitative model based on stealing equity from uneducated or elderly sellers I would argue this whole business model needs to made illegal with no ambiguity. It actually IS illegal in most places but the presence of this forum proves that enforcement is lacking.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Why are you lying? What kind of BOO-BOO market you are in buying a house for 10k? I can see you are some wannabe clown probably flat broke living in your Momma's basement Dreaming about the business!. I can't believe you said something DUMB like that buying a house for $10k...You not even in my league rookie you need to go get a job because you have no idea what you are doing "WALMART" is hiring for greeters I'm  sure you will be very successful!!!!     " THE FLIP KING "......THE KING OF THE FLIP "


    Yo "King", if you are talking to me you need to REPLY to my post otherwise I can't see you are talking to me.

    I will try to make you comprehend your inherent flaw:

    See, to you you didn't even entertain my statements. To you it is physically IMPOSSIBLE anyone can get such deals. This is bad, why?

    Because you won't even entertain the notion that this is something you can reach. To you it is impossible. Your mind is closed. If YOU can't do it, it is just impossible. That is why people like me, will always beat people like you. I will MAKE it possible. Do you think you are the only one that told me that it is impossible? Yet, here I am doing what you think is absolutely impossible. Your problem is you immediately acuse me of lying. But if you had done just a bit of online research before you accused me of lying you would know I am good at what I do... and you would see overwhelming proff this is real. But you WANT this not to be true because thatway 1) no one is better than you, and 2, you don't have to WORK, step up and do the same. So you rather believe it is not true.

    Now:

    I didn't buy a house for $10K... I bought a house for 10 DOLLARS! (not $10,000)

    Not a foreclosure, not a lien not an auction. It was just someone that wanted to sell no matter what, and they accepted our offer! I am not even going to explain how, because you think you are so great and such a know it all all my teachings will just bounce right off of you!

    Luck you say?

    Sure,  here you go:

    I bought this one for $11K

    ARV is $180K

    Their own neighbor offered her 40K

    They had to bring $70K to the table

    Yet they picked us for $11K

    BEFORE:

    AFTER:

    If you don't understand how this is possible, well that is the reason why I say drop that ridiculous ego Mr. King, and realize you don't have a clue how it is done. The sooner you stop thinking you know it all and everyone else is inferior to you, the sooner you will  be able to see that the way you do it is completely inferior, the sooner you can be openminded enough to learn, and make better money!

    Right?

    Go in peace!

    And dude,

    Would you please stop calling it "BOO BOO" market? I just can't take you seriously like that! 

    Ohh now that we are on that topic.. would.you.please.STOP insulting everyone by saying that if they make a good deal the only reason that could ever be is because their market is easy.  Dang dude!

    This can be done in any market. Why? No matter where you go, as long as people live there, have to pay mortgage, there will be motivated sellers. With motivated sellers comes these results. So... anywhere!

    Now, if you are willing to learn I will teach you for free without sarcasm or animosity, but you got to get off that high horse and acknowledge your limitations!

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Stupid wholesalers doesn't begin to describe them. I get messages addressed to my ex wife (divorced over 18 years ago) for my first home, and for properties I sold a year ago. Even in the Bay Area where I can sell my home for multiple offers in cash in one week I get clueless wholesalers offering to "solve my problem". For my Indiana properties its an endless barrage of texts (and since I live in a different time zone they come at all hours of the night) and I have to silence my phone at night to avoid this nonsense. Add to that a basically exploitative model based on stealing equity from uneducated or elderly sellers I would argue this whole business model needs to made illegal with no ambiguity. It actually IS illegal in most places but the presence of this forum proves that enforcement is lacking.

    While I understand where you’re coming from, as I too am fed up with the endless mass texts, I think that we need to consider that in a limited set of circumstances, wholesalers do provide a valuable service to both sellers and buyers.  

    These circumstances center around property that’s so low priced, needs so much work, so unattractive to home buyers, or so undesirable a location, that COMPETENT realtors are not interested in listing the property, oR acknowledge that an offer is not likely in a reasonable period of time.  The other circumstance would be one in which a seller needs to sell within a relatively short time frame.

    Beyond that, there is an argument which is based on the fact that allowing the market to determine need through success or failure will ultimately lead to the best results.  

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Does anyone know how to make them stop calling?

    I get about 20 calls a day and they won't stop calling me after repeated requests.

    My numbers are on "do not call registry" and they violate it.

    It has become flat out harassment and I have had to just turn the ringers off on my cell and landline.

    It is like a bunch of people keep going to the same class and keep getting sold the same list.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Bart Mastin:

    Does anyone know how to make them stop calling?

    I get about 20 calls a day and they won't stop calling me after repeated requests.

    My numbers are on "do not call registry" and they violate it.

    It has become flat out harassment and I have had to just turn the ringers off on my cell and landline.

    It is like a bunch of people keep going to the same class and keep getting sold the same list.

    Someone simply needs to sue a larger wholesaler that does this and make a HUGE example out of them. This will scare them doing it! We could all ban together and do it ;)
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Don Konipol:
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Stupid wholesalers doesn't begin to describe them. I get messages addressed to my ex wife (divorced over 18 years ago) for my first home, and for properties I sold a year ago. Even in the Bay Area where I can sell my home for multiple offers in cash in one week I get clueless wholesalers offering to "solve my problem". For my Indiana properties its an endless barrage of texts (and since I live in a different time zone they come at all hours of the night) and I have to silence my phone at night to avoid this nonsense. Add to that a basically exploitative model based on stealing equity from uneducated or elderly sellers I would argue this whole business model needs to made illegal with no ambiguity. It actually IS illegal in most places but the presence of this forum proves that enforcement is lacking.

    While I understand where you’re coming from, as I too am fed up with the endless mass texts, I think that we need to consider that in a limited set of circumstances, wholesalers do provide a valuable service to both sellers and buyers.  

    These circumstances center around property that’s so low priced, needs so much work, so unattractive to home buyers, or so undesirable a location, that COMPETENT realtors are not interested in listing the property, oR acknowledge that an offer is not likely in a reasonable period of time.  The other circumstance would be one in which a seller needs to sell within a relatively short time frame.

    Beyond that, there is an argument which is based on the fact that allowing the market to determine need through success or failure will ultimately lead to the best results.  

    Don,  you hit the nail on the head with this post.. As you know or maybe know my niche is in funding low value assets in 7 mid west and upper mid west markets.. My model is different I dont put mortgages on any of these 250 deals a year I fund our fund takes title. So we are prime time on the call lists. And by prime time I mean the main criteria is  Out of State owners  NO DEBT  or owned it many years.  So for us NO debt and out of state you can Imagine all the solicitations I get.. There are wholesalers attached to probably 50% of what I fund there are a few companies that are constant repeats in certain markets . and one in particular wanted to sell his wholesale business and what I could determine the owner was making net net net between 300 to 500k a year with multi millions in fixed overhead to get to that number... the rest are a constant revolving door of new names.  

    The wholesalers text or telemarket they use Philippine call centers not Indian or Bangladesh . They read from a script every one of the callers reads the same script.. and then they will send the info to their acquisitions manager so usually on these calls your 2 to 3 layers removed from the owner.. But I flip the script on them I want to get to the owner to see if I can help them build their business by whole-tailing I have gotten a few of my best clients this way.. its funny they call me and I end up turning them into REAL owners and investors.

    I think the main disservice that is promulgated is the folks that buy this dream and spend what little capital they have on this model only to spend it all and then were are they. Its a tough gig it really is. Its a sales and marketing job and so many people just are not cut out for it.

    The other issues is those that buy from contract assignors take on some risk they probably have no clue in the event of a title defect or title claim.. the title insurance is only written at the original contract purchase price. So lets say your friendly local wholesalers snags a deal for 20k and sells it to you the end buyer for 60k your only getting 20k in title insurance.. now lets say there is a title claim and the title company pays .. well you just are going to get your 20k and you lost 40k and have an unmarketable title.. Title company will spend no effort trying to clean up your title they will just pay out the claim..  Does it happen often no but it does happen, And again things that 99% of buyers have no clue about until after the fact.  

    Gurus selling these course ( the top ones) they make millions there is no doubt I have been a Vendor at these events over the last 2 decades although the FTC and State AG's are really starting to crack down on them think Nudge or Zxirix in Utah and there massive machine..Lastly my issue at least in my home state of Oregon is its just illegal to market properties you don't own and there is no equitable interest as described in that state.. Other states they could give a rip about wholesaling and other states are now finally passing legislation to at least give some consumer protection. We all know that wholesalers solve very few problems a good realtor could not solve and better. And that the wholesalers fee's ( i see them ) take equity from the seller many times when the fee is a large portion of the purchase price.  


  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Don Konipol:
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Stupid wholesalers doesn't begin to describe them. I get messages addressed to my ex wife (divorced over 18 years ago) for my first home, and for properties I sold a year ago. Even in the Bay Area where I can sell my home for multiple offers in cash in one week I get clueless wholesalers offering to "solve my problem". For my Indiana properties its an endless barrage of texts (and since I live in a different time zone they come at all hours of the night) and I have to silence my phone at night to avoid this nonsense. Add to that a basically exploitative model based on stealing equity from uneducated or elderly sellers I would argue this whole business model needs to made illegal with no ambiguity. It actually IS illegal in most places but the presence of this forum proves that enforcement is lacking.

    While I understand where you’re coming from, as I too am fed up with the endless mass texts, I think that we need to consider that in a limited set of circumstances, wholesalers do provide a valuable service to both sellers and buyers.  

    These circumstances center around property that’s so low priced, needs so much work, so unattractive to home buyers, or so undesirable a location, that COMPETENT realtors are not interested in listing the property, oR acknowledge that an offer is not likely in a reasonable period of time.  The other circumstance would be one in which a seller needs to sell within a relatively short time frame.

    Beyond that, there is an argument which is based on the fact that allowing the market to determine need through success or failure will ultimately lead to the best results.  

    Don,  you hit the nail on the head with this post.. As you know or maybe know my niche is in funding low value assets in 7 mid west and upper mid west markets.. My model is different I dont put mortgages on any of these 250 deals a year I fund our fund takes title. So we are prime time on the call lists. And by prime time I mean the main criteria is  Out of State owners  NO DEBT  or owned it many years.  So for us NO debt and out of state you can Imagine all the solicitations I get.. There are wholesalers attached to probably 50% of what I fund there are a few companies that are constant repeats in certain markets . and one in particular wanted to sell his wholesale business and what I could determine the owner was making net net net between 300 to 500k a year with multi millions in fixed overhead to get to that number... the rest are a constant revolving door of new names.  

    The wholesalers text or telemarket they use Philippine call centers not Indian or Bangladesh . They read from a script every one of the callers reads the same script.. and then they will send the info to their acquisitions manager so usually on these calls your 2 to 3 layers removed from the owner.. But I flip the script on them I want to get to the owner to see if I can help them build their business by whole-tailing I have gotten a few of my best clients this way.. its funny they call me and I end up turning them into REAL owners and investors.

    I think the main disservice that is promulgated is the folks that buy this dream and spend what little capital they have on this model only to spend it all and then were are they. Its a tough gig it really is. Its a sales and marketing job and so many people just are not cut out for it.

    The other issues is those that buy from contract assignors take on some risk they probably have no clue in the event of a title defect or title claim.. the title insurance is only written at the original contract purchase price. So lets say your friendly local wholesalers snags a deal for 20k and sells it to you the end buyer for 60k your only getting 20k in title insurance.. now lets say there is a title claim and the title company pays .. well you just are going to get your 20k and you lost 40k and have an unmarketable title.. Title company will spend no effort trying to clean up your title they will just pay out the claim..  Does it happen often no but it does happen, And again things that 99% of buyers have no clue about until after the fact.  

    Gurus selling these course ( the top ones) they make millions there is no doubt I have been a Vendor at these events over the last 2 decades although the FTC and State AG's are really starting to crack down on them think Nudge or Zxirix in Utah and there massive machine..Lastly my issue at least in my home state of Oregon is its just illegal to market properties you don't own and there is no equitable interest as described in that state.. Other states they could give a rip about wholesaling and other states are now finally passing legislation to at least give some consumer protection. We all know that wholesalers solve very few problems a good realtor could not solve and better. And that the wholesalers fee's ( i see them ) take equity from the seller many times when the fee is a large portion of the purchase price.  


     Look,

    This is how mathematics works.

    Proof theory.

    In order to prove anything, it is useless to list a million examples showing what you are claiming to be true. All I would have to do is list ONE occurrence that shows your claims don't hold.

    Example.

    If you want to claim all apples are red, you can't prove this by showing 3 billion red apples, right?

    All I have to do is show you ONE green apple and that alone proves you wrong.

    Yes a lot of people offer wholesaling mentorships and make a fortune doing so. No, that is not wholesaling and that is not what is meant when it is said that wholesalers can make $500K.

    ALL I have to do is show ONE wholesaler that DOES make money and that this system is sustainable to prove all the haters wrong.

    Now I will not list anyone that is making a ton of money, but I will still logically prove I am correct.

    Focus, pay attention!

    Do you think I would have trouble wholesaling a house I bought for 10 dollars, for a $100K wholesaling fee, when the ARV is $250K while needing $60K in repairs?

    One house bought for $10 dollars coming right up:

    Yes any day - every day.



    (if I can do this, means it is possible, means YOU can do this)

    So IFFF I get 4 to 12 of these kind of deals/leads every day, heck even a week, I would only need to make 10 of such deals a year to make $1M in revenue.

    So far this is fact, logic common sense , math, TRUTH! Right?

    Great. Now look at my leads.


    Or


    Keep in mind that these leads are ridiculously motivated. I mean SO motivated they are willing to sell their $183K house for $11K to me!

    GREAT!! So far so good!

    Do you think it is really that hard to see that it is ABSOLUTELY possible to make $1M/year in revenue with these numbers?

    In fact it is not only possible, it is inevitable!

    "OK so you will say, yeah but you are so good looking, sexy smart and you have god-like lead generation powers. Of course YOU can do this.."


    To which I say.. 

    EXACTLY!!! THAT is my point.



    As long as you are good at lead generation you ABSOLUTELY CAN do this.
    It is sustainable doable as long as you do it right.

    Now, the reason why so many of you fail, is because you are NOT good at lead generation. You are stubborn, deviant, haters, lazy!
    I have been showing off my results for YEARS! Trying to educate you all, teach you, guide you, show you.  But what do you all see? You see ego, showing off. That is on YOU! Not me.
    If I don't show proof, you think I am full of it. If I do show proof, either YOU don't believe it or you are so resentful you rather call me a scammer than acknowledge "he does have a point".

    The reason so many of you fail is because you are driving for dollars, door knocking, text messaging, bandit signs,  DDM, yellow letters, post cards, to the probate list, tax lien lists foreclosure list etc. etc.
    Tell me this, smart person... what is the success rate of these strategies? Meaning, how many calls do you need to make, mailers you need to sent, texts you need to blast to get just one deal? 1000? 2000? 3000? 10,000?
    Your success rate is less than 3%. You are relying on strategies with a less than 3% success rate to become successful.

    Do you REALLY DARE telling me this is not true? No YOU CAN'T!!
    OK then why are you doing these stupid strategies KNOWING the success rate is so low?

    Do you still dare call yourself smart.. savvy? Not to me you're not!
    DUDES.. Read my lips... I provide SO MUCH gaadamn evidence y'all are doing it wrong but all you see is what you want to see... its ridiculous! 

    So, the reason NONE of you can see or comprehend this is because of this:
    1). You all are SO set in your ways, YOUR ways, you can't possibly even begin to comprehend there is something else out there further than what your eyes can see. One of you made a comment in a previous post that none of your deals have been from anyone on the computer. .. That exactly proves my point. If NONE of your deals came from anything involving internet, you pretty much are going out of your way to avoid internet.. because pretty much EVERYONE will resort to internet the second they need... well.. anything!

    2). You draw the wrong conclusions because you are looking at the wrong data. Let me explain. You simply are convinced wholesaling is wrong, illegal bla bla bla, and you are convinced all wholesalers are lazy scumbags that don't care about anything else than to make your lives miserable. This idea is CARVED in stone in your head and there is no deviating from this to you.
    No, wholesaling is a strategy... including a double close.

    Wholesaling will NEVER be illegal as long as you do a double close. Buy the property (doesn't have to be with your money), and then sell that property. THAT TOO IS WHOLESALING!!

    So please you all need to stop seeing red. Stop using emotions to prove a point (that doesn't exist) and look at data, facts numbers.

    ANYONE claiming that wholesaling is not sustainable you need to consider this. If I can just show ONE person that has made it sustainable, it would be enough to end this discussion.. in your defeat!

    The way to do it?

    Get a website. 

    Look to credibility

    Look to value

    Then drive traffic to your site either through SEO, Facebook ads, Youtube ads, PPC, Linked in ads, INstagram ads... and make money!

    It is THAT gadamn simple!

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Don Konipol:
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Stupid wholesalers doesn't begin to describe them. I get messages addressed to my ex wife (divorced over 18 years ago) for my first home, and for properties I sold a year ago. Even in the Bay Area where I can sell my home for multiple offers in cash in one week I get clueless wholesalers offering to "solve my problem". For my Indiana properties its an endless barrage of texts (and since I live in a different time zone they come at all hours of the night) and I have to silence my phone at night to avoid this nonsense. Add to that a basically exploitative model based on stealing equity from uneducated or elderly sellers I would argue this whole business model needs to made illegal with no ambiguity. It actually IS illegal in most places but the presence of this forum proves that enforcement is lacking.

    While I understand where you’re coming from, as I too am fed up with the endless mass texts, I think that we need to consider that in a limited set of circumstances, wholesalers do provide a valuable service to both sellers and buyers.  

    These circumstances center around property that’s so low priced, needs so much work, so unattractive to home buyers, or so undesirable a location, that COMPETENT realtors are not interested in listing the property, oR acknowledge that an offer is not likely in a reasonable period of time.  The other circumstance would be one in which a seller needs to sell within a relatively short time frame.

    Beyond that, there is an argument which is based on the fact that allowing the market to determine need through success or failure will ultimately lead to the best results.  

    Don,  you hit the nail on the head with this post.. As you know or maybe know my niche is in funding low value assets in 7 mid west and upper mid west markets.. My model is different I dont put mortgages on any of these 250 deals a year I fund our fund takes title. So we are prime time on the call lists. And by prime time I mean the main criteria is  Out of State owners  NO DEBT  or owned it many years.  So for us NO debt and out of state you can Imagine all the solicitations I get.. There are wholesalers attached to probably 50% of what I fund there are a few companies that are constant repeats in certain markets . and one in particular wanted to sell his wholesale business and what I could determine the owner was making net net net between 300 to 500k a year with multi millions in fixed overhead to get to that number... the rest are a constant revolving door of new names.  

    The wholesalers text or telemarket they use Philippine call centers not Indian or Bangladesh . They read from a script every one of the callers reads the same script.. and then they will send the info to their acquisitions manager so usually on these calls your 2 to 3 layers removed from the owner.. But I flip the script on them I want to get to the owner to see if I can help them build their business by whole-tailing I have gotten a few of my best clients this way.. its funny they call me and I end up turning them into REAL owners and investors.

    I think the main disservice that is promulgated is the folks that buy this dream and spend what little capital they have on this model only to spend it all and then were are they. Its a tough gig it really is. Its a sales and marketing job and so many people just are not cut out for it.

    The other issues is those that buy from contract assignors take on some risk they probably have no clue in the event of a title defect or title claim.. the title insurance is only written at the original contract purchase price. So lets say your friendly local wholesalers snags a deal for 20k and sells it to you the end buyer for 60k your only getting 20k in title insurance.. now lets say there is a title claim and the title company pays .. well you just are going to get your 20k and you lost 40k and have an unmarketable title.. Title company will spend no effort trying to clean up your title they will just pay out the claim..  Does it happen often no but it does happen, And again things that 99% of buyers have no clue about until after the fact.  

    Gurus selling these course ( the top ones) they make millions there is no doubt I have been a Vendor at these events over the last 2 decades although the FTC and State AG's are really starting to crack down on them think Nudge or Zxirix in Utah and there massive machine..Lastly my issue at least in my home state of Oregon is its just illegal to market properties you don't own and there is no equitable interest as described in that state.. Other states they could give a rip about wholesaling and other states are now finally passing legislation to at least give some consumer protection. We all know that wholesalers solve very few problems a good realtor could not solve and better. And that the wholesalers fee's ( i see them ) take equity from the seller many times when the fee is a large portion of the purchase price.  



     Look,

    This is how mathematics works.

    Proof theory.

    In order to prove anything, it is useless to list a million examples showing what you are claiming to be true. All I would have to do is list ONE occurrence that shows your claims don't hold.

    Example.

    If you want to claim all apples are red, you can't prove this by showing 3 billion red apples, right?

    All I have to do is show you ONE green apple and that alone proves you wrong.

    Yes a lot of people use wholesaling mentorships and make a fortune doing so. No, that is not wholesaling and that is not what is meant when it is said that wholesalers can make $500K.

    ALL I have to do is show ONE wholesaler that DOES make money and that this system is sustainable to prove all the haters wrong.

    Now I will not list anyone that is making a ton of money, but I will still logically prove I am correct.

    Focus, pay attention!

    Do you think I would have trouble wholesaling a house I bought for 10 dollars, for a $100K wholesaling fee, when the ARV is $250K while needing $60K in repairs?

    Yes any day - every day.

    So IFFF I get 4 to 12 of these kind of deals/leads every day, heck even a week, I would only need to make 10 of such deals a year to make $1M in revenue.

    So far this is fact, logic common sense , math, TRUTH! Right?

    Great. Now look at my leads.


    Or


    Keep in mind that these leads are ridiculously motivated. I mean SO motivated they are willing to slel their $183K house for $11K!

    Do you think it is really that hard to see that it is ABSOLUTELY possible to make $1M/year in revenue with these numbers?

    In fact it is not only possible, it is inevitable!

    "OK so you will say, yeah but you are so good looking, sexy smart and you have god-like lead generation powers. Of course YOU do this.."


    To which I say.. EXACTLY!!! THAT is my point.

    As long as you are good at lead generation you ABSOLUTELY CAN do this.
    It is sustainable doable as long as you do it right.

    Now, the reason why so many of you fail, is because you are stubborn, deviant, haters, lazy!
    I have been showing off my results for YEARS! Trying to educate you all, teach you, guide you, show you.  But what do you all see? You see ego, showing off. That is on YOU! Not me.
    If I don't show proof, you think I am full of it. If I do show proof, either YOU don't believe it or you are so resentful you rather call me a scammer than acknowledge "he does have a point".

    The reason so many of you fail is because you are driving for dollars, door knocking, text messaging, bandit signs,  DDM, yellow letters, post cards, to the probate list, tax lien lists foreclosure list etc. etc.
    Tell me this, smart person... what is the success rate of these strategies? Meaning, how many calls do you need to make, mailers you need to sent, texts you need to blast to get just one deal? 1000? 2000? 3000? 10,000?
    Your success rate is less than 3%. You are reliying on strategies with a less than 3% success rate to become successful.

    Do you REALLY DARE telling me this is not true? No YOU CAN'T!!
    OK then why are you doing these stupid strategies KNOWING the success rate is so low?

    Do you still dare call yourself smart.. savvy? Not to me you're not!
    DUDES.. Read my lips... I provide SO MUCH gaadamn evidence y'all are doing it wrong but all you see is what you want to see... its ridiculous! 

    So, the reason NONE of you can see or comprehend this is because of this:
    1). You all are SO set in your ways, YOUR ways, you can't possibly even begin to comprehend there is something else out there further than what your eyes can see. One of you made a comment in a previous post that none of your deals have been from anyone on the computer. .. That exactly proves my point. If NONE of your deals came from anything involving internet, you pretty much are going out of your way to avoid internet.. because pretty much EVERYONE will resort to internet the second they need... well.. anything!

    2). You draw the wrong conclusions because you are looking at the wrong data. Let me explain. You simply are convinced wholesaling is wrong, illegal bla bla bla, and you are convinced all wholesalers are lazy scumbags that don't care about anything else than to make your lives miserable. This idea is CARVED in stone in your head and there is no deviating from this to you.
    No, wholesaling is a strategy... including a double close.

    Wholesaling will NEVER be illegal as long as you do a double close. Buy the property (doesn't have to be with your money), and then sell that property. THAT TOO IS WHOLESALING!!

    So please you all need to stop seeing red. Stop using emotions to prove a point (that doesn't exist) and look at data, facts numbers.

    ANYONE claiming that wholesaling is not sustainable you need to consider this. If I can just show ONE person that has made it sustainable, it would be enough to end this discussion.. in your defeat!

     Jerryl,  results are very market specific. and to play devils advocate here.. there is no need for you to teach people how to do this quite the opposite with this huge profit margins and lead flow what you need is someone like me who can bring capital to bear .. you should be keeping this information private and not create your won competition.  Or any other number of BP members that would love to let you drive the machine and they bring the capital. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Don Konipol:
    Quote from @Account Closed:

     Jerryl,  results are very market specific. and to play devils advocate here.. there is no need for you to teach people how to do this quite the opposite with this huge profit margins and lead flow what you need is someone like me who can bring capital to bear .. you should be keeping this information private and not create your won competition.  Or any other number of BP members that would love to let you drive the machine and they bring the capital. 

     Results ARE market specific, indeed.

    Absolutely, but be careful here. What this means is may not be what you think it means.

    It doesn't mean that in "my " market this works, but in "Idaho" it doesn't.

    Not at all.

    In some markets your wholesale fee will be $300K and in other markets your fee will be $4K. But it works in (arguably) all markets.

    Yes it will be far more difficult to do this in Beverly Hills CA, but not impossible.

    Jay, you need to realize that it is NOT money that is the bases of motivation. Motivation could be time effort, stress, illness etc.

    The house I bought for $10, ..they could have EASILY sold it to someone else for $12 dollars, and they would have made 2 more dollars.

    They could have easily have it sold for $4,000 and they would have made thousands more. But they didn't.. they COULD, but they didn't. What this proves is that this is NOT market dependent it is HUMAN dependent. As long as you can experience, frustration, stress, anxiety, this WILL WORK.

    So yes, RESULTS are market dependent, but not whether it works or not!

    And yes, We do not have enough money to monetize all the deals coming our way. Our bottleneck definitely is bringing someone like you in with plenty of capital to exponentially increase deal flow. We are jsut way to busy with 6 other companies we are raising, and 5 new products we are bringing to the REI market. Eventually we will look that direction again and address that portion of things.

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 32 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

    Let me tell you what is really dumb.

    1. Coming to the WHOLESALING BOARD and then telling people wholesaling is dumb

    2. Coming to a wholesaling board and then telling people, wholesaling(ers) are dumb thereby insulting probably half the people, calling them, and their dreams and passions "dumb"

    Just saying...

    Let me tell you what is NOT dumb.

    If you don't like wholesaling, don't go to the wholesaling board where people want to learn how to do it the right way. They want to learn.

    Guys, it is like every other post is from people crapping on wholesaling. Do you seriously not see how retarded this is?

    So if you think wholesaling is done the wrong way, then TEACH them to do it the right way!


     Why be such a depressing negative force on the board where people come to be inspired to do it the right way.

    Wholesaling is NOT sending texts blasts. Wholesaling is not, pestering cash buyers with lousy deals. etc. etc. Those are People that don't know how to wholesale. 

    Wholesaling is getting a property under market value, and then assigning that contract to a cash buyer so they provide the cash buyer and the seller with value. Everyone thinks wholesaling is a free, no money needed strategy that magically will make you rich... OK tell them show them how it is done. But if you say wholesaling is dumb... it is YOU that is dumb, because many people are making a fortune wholesaling. That alone proves you are wrong right?

    Let me ask you something.

    Would you appreciate it if I brought you a deal 10% of the ARV (so if the house is $100K I get it under contract for $10K) where you would make $70K in profits in just 7 weeks?

    Yes?

    THAT is wholesaling. Not because so many do it wrong does it mean everyone is wrong or should stop doing it.,

    Agian..

    Stop whining  and start contributing, or just stay out of the wholesaling forum!

    Seriously!

    Boy, sound almost as bad as a crypto bro telling people how "they just don't understand blockchain", etc. This guy is probably helping a lot of people not get sucked into lame get rich quick wholesaling training, etc. I've seen some of your other posts defending wholesaling. Your forgetting about survivor bias. And...it's almost like you have a vested interest in promoting wholesaling? 



  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Joel W.:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

    Let me tell you what is really dumb.

    1. Coming to the WHOLESALING BOARD and then telling people wholesaling is dumb

    2. Coming to a wholesaling board and then telling people, wholesaling(ers) are dumb thereby insulting probably half the people, calling them, and their dreams and passions "dumb"

    Just saying...

    Let me tell you what is NOT dumb.

    If you don't like wholesaling, don't go to the wholesaling board where people want to learn how to do it the right way. They want to learn.

    Guys, it is like every other post is from people crapping on wholesaling. Do you seriously not see how retarded this is?

    So if you think wholesaling is done the wrong way, then TEACH them to do it the right way!


     Why be such a depressing negative force on the board where people come to be inspired to do it the right way.

    Wholesaling is NOT sending texts blasts. Wholesaling is not, pestering cash buyers with lousy deals. etc. etc. Those are People that don't know how to wholesale. 

    Wholesaling is getting a property under market value, and then assigning that contract to a cash buyer so they provide the cash buyer and the seller with value. Everyone thinks wholesaling is a free, no money needed strategy that magically will make you rich... OK tell them show them how it is done. But if you say wholesaling is dumb... it is YOU that is dumb, because many people are making a fortune wholesaling. That alone proves you are wrong right?

    Let me ask you something.

    Would you appreciate it if I brought you a deal 10% of the ARV (so if the house is $100K I get it under contract for $10K) where you would make $70K in profits in just 7 weeks?

    Yes?

    THAT is wholesaling. Not because so many do it wrong does it mean everyone is wrong or should stop doing it.,

    Agian..

    Stop whining  and start contributing, or just stay out of the wholesaling forum!

    Seriously!

    Boy, sound almost as bad as a crypto bro telling people how "they just don't understand blockchain", etc. This guy is probably helping a lot of people not get sucked into lame get rich quick wholesaling training, etc. I've seen some of your other posts defending wholesaling. Your forgetting about survivor bias. And...it's almost like you have a vested interest in promoting wholesaling? 



     I don't offer a wholesaling course. I defend wholesaling because it is a strategy that works.

    Now come sit on my couch here. yes lie down. Now tell me about your mom.

    Tell me really, why you are being so negative. Did I say anything that offended you? Or is it just that because I have a point that angers you? Do you agree that blasting negativity  about wholesaling .. on a wholesaling board designed to help others get education on how to do it, is a good thing to do?

    No right?

    But you don't criticize that. You criticize someone that tries to defend wholesaling and tries to teach wholesaling how to do it right and become successful for free., here on the board. I contribute.  You think you are contributing right now?

    So do you see the irony in that? See how we analyze things? Yes I defend wholesaling and wholesalers that do it right.. and that, somehow pisses you off so you come here all tough, with your inflated chest trying to ridicule me in front of others... and thus I MUST have a "vested interest in promoting wholesaling".

    I don't even wholesale anymore... but it is wholesaling what got me where I am (doing multiple millions a year now scaling to $1M/month).

    So tell me about your mom!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 32 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Joel W.:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

    Let me tell you what is really dumb.

    1. Coming to the WHOLESALING BOARD and then telling people wholesaling is dumb

    2. Coming to a wholesaling board and then telling people, wholesaling(ers) are dumb thereby insulting probably half the people, calling them, and their dreams and passions "dumb"

    Just saying...

    Let me tell you what is NOT dumb.

    If you don't like wholesaling, don't go to the wholesaling board where people want to learn how to do it the right way. They want to learn.

    Guys, it is like every other post is from people crapping on wholesaling. Do you seriously not see how retarded this is?

    So if you think wholesaling is done the wrong way, then TEACH them to do it the right way!


     Why be such a depressing negative force on the board where people come to be inspired to do it the right way.

    Wholesaling is NOT sending texts blasts. Wholesaling is not, pestering cash buyers with lousy deals. etc. etc. Those are People that don't know how to wholesale. 

    Wholesaling is getting a property under market value, and then assigning that contract to a cash buyer so they provide the cash buyer and the seller with value. Everyone thinks wholesaling is a free, no money needed strategy that magically will make you rich... OK tell them show them how it is done. But if you say wholesaling is dumb... it is YOU that is dumb, because many people are making a fortune wholesaling. That alone proves you are wrong right?

    Let me ask you something.

    Would you appreciate it if I brought you a deal 10% of the ARV (so if the house is $100K I get it under contract for $10K) where you would make $70K in profits in just 7 weeks?

    Yes?

    THAT is wholesaling. Not because so many do it wrong does it mean everyone is wrong or should stop doing it.,

    Agian..

    Stop whining  and start contributing, or just stay out of the wholesaling forum!

    Seriously!

    Boy, sound almost as bad as a crypto bro telling people how "they just don't understand blockchain", etc. This guy is probably helping a lot of people not get sucked into lame get rich quick wholesaling training, etc. I've seen some of your other posts defending wholesaling. Your forgetting about survivor bias. And...it's almost like you have a vested interest in promoting wholesaling? 



     I don't offer a wholesaling course. I defend wholesaling because it is a strategy that works.

    Now come sit on my couch here. yes lie down. Now tell me about your mom.

    Tell me really, why you are being so negative. Did I say anything that offended you? Or is it just that because I have a point that angers you? Do you agree that blasting negativity  about wholesaling .. on a wholesaling board designed to help others get education on how to do it, is a good thing to do?

    No right?

    But you don't criticize that. You criticize someone that tries to defend wholesaling and tries to teach wholesaling how to do it right and become successful for free., here on the board. I contribute.  You think you are contributing right now?

    So do you see the irony in that? See how we analyze things? Yes I defend wholesaling and wholesalers that do it right.. and that, somehow pisses you off so you come here all tough, with your inflated chest trying to ridicule me in front of others... and thus I MUST have a "vested interest in promoting wholesaling".

    I don't even wholesale anymore... but it is wholesaling what got me where I am (doing multiple millions a year now scaling to $1M/month).

    So tell me about your mom!


     My apologies if I was a little salty there. I don't like it when people are being taken advantage of, whether that's with crypto or wholesaling. 

    You don't have a vested interest in wholesaling training? What's your website about then? https://www.seoforrealestatein...Am I missing something? 

    You seem like a smart and motivated guy. I honestly believe you'd excel at whatever you do. Maybe find something else. Something that would actually contribute to society. What are the chances of some average joe having success in wholesaling? And since you're into math (probably a lot better at it than I am, BTH) you should read some Nassim Talib. Whether it's in crypto, mutual funds vs. index funds, or in wholesaling, we tend to only focus on the successes and don't fully take into account the failures.  

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Dustin P.:

    It's been an entire day without a "Wholesaling sucks" topic on the wholesaling board so thank you so much for this!


     No problem.  I saw a full day had passed so rushed to get something up. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Joel W.:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Joel W.:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

    Let me tell you what is really dumb.

    1. Coming to the WHOLESALING BOARD and then telling people wholesaling is dumb

    2. Coming to a wholesaling board and then telling people, wholesaling(ers) are dumb thereby insulting probably half the people, calling them, and their dreams and passions "dumb"

    Just saying...

    Let me tell you what is NOT dumb.

    If you don't like wholesaling, don't go to the wholesaling board where people want to learn how to do it the right way. They want to learn.

    Guys, it is like every other post is from people crapping on wholesaling. Do you seriously not see how retarded this is?

    So if you think wholesaling is done the wrong way, then TEACH them to do it the right way!


     Why be such a depressing negative force on the board where people come to be inspired to do it the right way.

    Wholesaling is NOT sending texts blasts. Wholesaling is not, pestering cash buyers with lousy deals. etc. etc. Those are People that don't know how to wholesale. 

    Wholesaling is getting a property under market value, and then assigning that contract to a cash buyer so they provide the cash buyer and the seller with value. Everyone thinks wholesaling is a free, no money needed strategy that magically will make you rich... OK tell them show them how it is done. But if you say wholesaling is dumb... it is YOU that is dumb, because many people are making a fortune wholesaling. That alone proves you are wrong right?

    Let me ask you something.

    Would you appreciate it if I brought you a deal 10% of the ARV (so if the house is $100K I get it under contract for $10K) where you would make $70K in profits in just 7 weeks?

    Yes?

    THAT is wholesaling. Not because so many do it wrong does it mean everyone is wrong or should stop doing it.,

    Agian..

    Stop whining  and start contributing, or just stay out of the wholesaling forum!

    Seriously!

    Boy, sound almost as bad as a crypto bro telling people how "they just don't understand blockchain", etc. This guy is probably helping a lot of people not get sucked into lame get rich quick wholesaling training, etc. I've seen some of your other posts defending wholesaling. Your forgetting about survivor bias. And...it's almost like you have a vested interest in promoting wholesaling? 



     I don't offer a wholesaling course. I defend wholesaling because it is a strategy that works.

    Now come sit on my couch here. yes lie down. Now tell me about your mom.

    Tell me really, why you are being so negative. Did I say anything that offended you? Or is it just that because I have a point that angers you? Do you agree that blasting negativity  about wholesaling .. on a wholesaling board designed to help others get education on how to do it, is a good thing to do?

    No right?

    But you don't criticize that. You criticize someone that tries to defend wholesaling and tries to teach wholesaling how to do it right and become successful for free., here on the board. I contribute.  You think you are contributing right now?

    So do you see the irony in that? See how we analyze things? Yes I defend wholesaling and wholesalers that do it right.. and that, somehow pisses you off so you come here all tough, with your inflated chest trying to ridicule me in front of others... and thus I MUST have a "vested interest in promoting wholesaling".

    I don't even wholesale anymore... but it is wholesaling what got me where I am (doing multiple millions a year now scaling to $1M/month).

    So tell me about your mom!


     My apologies if I was a little salty there. I don't like it when people are being taken advantage of, whether that's with crypto or wholesaling. 

    You don't have a vested interest in wholesaling training? What's your website about then? https://www.seoforrealestatein...Am I missing something? 

    You seem like a smart and motivated guy. I honestly believe you'd excel at whatever you do. Maybe find something else. Something that would actually contribute to society. What are the chances of some average joe having success in wholesaling? And since you're into math (probably a lot better at it than I am, BTH) you should read some Nassim Talib. Whether it's in crypto, mutual funds vs. index funds, or in wholesaling, we tend to only focus on the successes and don't fully take into account the failures.  


    Let me get this straight. I am on a REI forum, so we all are invested somehow in some shape or other in investing, right?

    So in other words ANYONE that defends, a strategy, a group of people, or anyone that ads value must be invested in it somehow right? 

    In other words no one should give advise in any shape or form or you have something to sell. Please dude, don't be so friggin retarded.

    You were wrong, out of place and I just put in your place real good. OWN IT!  You are really digging.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Don Konipol:

    And one more thing.  I have completed over 600 real estate deals in my life AS A PRINCIPAL.  And guess what.  I have NEVER been presented with a good deal by a wholesaler. NEVER.  Not even when I used to do some residential deals.  In fact here is what I’ve concluded.  Most good purchases relating to commercial and investment property are done directly real estate investor to real estate investor!  When one party is either a user (such as a company utilizing their property for their business) or is an inexperienced investor, a broker usually is involved.  But not a wholesaler.  So it must be that wholesaling is basically restricted to the single family home market of sellers who, for one reason or another, can’t sell their property on their own AND can’t be helped by a broker.  A rather narrow market. 

     I have a lot of respect for you @Don Konipol since you sold me two deals YEARS ago (Wipprecht and Fannin) that I still have, and that still make me money.   To that last point you made -- I'm like you...  I've bought a LOT of deals.  A few from hard money lenders who have taken them back (like you), from brokers who send deals to me that they have a listing agreement on. A few that were listed.   From me calling sellers.  And even from "semi wholesalers" -- people who don't have a listing agreement to sell a property but talk to a owner, see if they'll sell...  If they're interested in selling they'll call me, I'll make a deal happen, they get $

    But who I've NEVER bought a deal one (not due to some moral highground -- it just never worked out) is someone that put a property under contract and then pitched it to me.  Normally it's some deal I've seen before and they have it under contract for MORE than the price I passed on when it was offered legit.

    Putting a property under contract as if you're the buyer (which is unlikely and is typically the result of mass text/spam campaign), then trying to shop it out to buyers, and keeping all the details hidden from everyone, is just sleaze.

    But the reason for my post was just that I'm getting 1000 texts -- often for the same property (indicates stale list) -- often for properties I sold years ago (indicates bad data).  So why are people still buying these lists?   This is like gold rush days -- the people making money are the ones selling shovels (and mailing/cell lists)

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Why are you lying? What kind of BOO-BOO market you are in buying a house for 10k? I can see you are some wannabe clown probably flat broke living in your Momma's basement Dreaming about the business!. I can't believe you said something DUMB like that buying a house for $10k...You not even in my league rookie you need to go get a job because you have no idea what you are doing "WALMART" is hiring for greeters I'm  sure you will be very successful!!!!     " THE FLIP KING "......THE KING OF THE FLIP "


     Who was this directed to?  What is a "BOO BOO" market?   Even if you're replying to someone that was disagreeing with me, your tone is a bit harsh. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.