Wholesaling Business - Are you a Visionary or a Leader?

8 Replies

Sometimes it is easy to confuse a Leader and a Visionary or think that they are one in the same. When evaluating the top-producing Wholesalers you find both Leaders and Visionaries. Which one are you for your Wholesaling Business?

Visionary - Cesar

Leader – Maximus

Visionary – Can employ multiple Leaders

Leader – Can only unite with one Visionary

Visionary - Crystal Clear, Unwavering Vision, Goal, Destination, Mission or Cause

Leader - Charts and Executes Path to Vision, Goal, Destination, Mission or Cause

Visionary - Clearly Communicates Vision to Leader

Leader - Leads Team to Reach Visionaries Vision

Visionary – Has Expectations of Leaders Ability

Leader – Believes in Visionaries Vision

Visionary – Inspirers the Leader

Leader – Motivates and Incentivizes the Team

Visionary – Visionary buys into Leaders ability to Execute

Leader – Leader buys into Visionaries Vision, Goal, Destination, Mission or Cause

Visionary – Influences Intrinsically

Leader – Influences Intentionally

Visionary – Creates a Tribe, Culture and Fans

Leader – Leads and builds-up others to Lead

Visionary – Chooses Level of Involvement in creating Vision

Leader – Requires Daily Involvement in creating Vision

Visionary – Passionate and Inspirational

Leader – Disciplined and Competent

Visionary – Loved by Tribe

Leader – Respected by Employees

Visionary – Decisive based on a clear outcome of Vision

Leader – Decisive based on a clear path to create Vision

That's a tough question.  Right now I act as both visionary and leader in my business but ultimately I want to be the Visionary and let the Leaders make things happen.  Anyone else find that transition difficult to make?

I am probably the visionary, my business partner is the leader.

I always think big, I am always trying new marketing and negotiating techniques. My partner is more detail oriented and probably a little less emotional, which helps a lot when dealing with contractors and VA's.

I think it has worked out well to have one of each.  Sometimes I may get carried away and he brings me back down to earth, but at the same time I feel like I am bringing him up as well!

Promotion
Baselane
All-in-one Financial Hub for Rentals
Still using Excel to manage your rental finances?
Simplify rent collection, bookkeeping, banking, reporting, and taxes. Less stress, higher ROI.
Learn More

Account Closed, I just listened to your interview with your brother on his podcast from a couple of years ago. I was wondering how things have gone for you since then (in the podcast you talk about having just lost your job). I was also wondering if Todd is still in the business and whether or not he still offers coaching as my brother and I are looking for a good coach/mentor in Southern California? (Yes, we are willing to pay for this coaching.)

Anyway, hope to hear back from you on these things as I am definitely curious to know how it all worked out.

Originally posted by @Joseph Picarella :

@Tom Krol, I just listened to your interview with your brother on his podcast from a couple of years ago. I was wondering how things have gone for you since then (in the podcast you talk about having just lost your job). I was also wondering if Todd is still in the business and whether or not he still offers coaching as my brother and I are looking for a good coach/mentor in Southern California? (Yes, we are willing to pay for this coaching.)

Anyway, hope to hear back from you on these things as I am definitely curious to know how it all worked out.

Joseph,

Rocking and Rolling brother! Picked up over 100 assignment checks in my first 18 months and my wholesaling business was on autopilot before I started my 2nd year. Now I am a full time coach with amazing clients all over the Country! You can reach me here http://hotseatwholesaling.com Looking forward to speaking!

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

To excel as a visionary and a business leader, you should ultimately have the qualities both of your described visionary, as well as the qualities of a leader. I would at this point of time say that I am more of a visionary, but I have very good leadership abilities. To be the best, you need to keep improving your qualities, your strength and weaknesses. 

- Alexander 

Alexander,

I believe you should outsource & delegate your weaknesses rather then working on them. For example, if you are not organized and disciplined about sending out your marketing consistently and on time, then outsource that activity immediately rather then trying to force yourself to get more disciplined about it. There are people more qualified then us to handle our weaknesses, we all need good teams, mine is AMAZING!

No offense meant, but I'm catching the breezes of guru and under the radar marketing.

Now, a leader is one who influences others to act with enthusiasm  to do things they would not normally do. That's a leader.  

Your visionary must have leadership qualities to convince that leader to act and accept the mission or goal to lead others!

The visionary must be a leader to communicate the mission, direct others to accomplish the vision. A leader only needs to understand the vision, the mission or goal to be achieved. 

The President is a visionary and a leader, generals are leaders. Both can influence others to act with enthusiasm to do things they would not normally do. :)