which is the best website to find houses for wholesaleing

10 Replies

I want to know which is the best website to start  wholesaling. i looked up website but i look at the reviews and they say is not the best one because they show house that already sold or really bad ones. the website i look at is called happy invertors and i want to know if that website is a good one or which one i should look at. 

Just if you're starting out, I would actually recommend looking on here, Craiglist, Zillow, and even Facebook can be a good resource. But I think the best way to find deals is to get out there and go to local group meetups which feature all kinds of buyers, wholesalers, realtors, and such. Gives you access to all kinds of deals that people aren't even bothering to put out there.

@Jonathan Lara Your true value as a wholesaler is to find off market deals and negotiate a good discount off the price. As Isaac said, networking in REI groups is also good. Most websites are open to the public, and as such, investors may have already seen the property and passed.

Good luck and welcome to BP!

@Jonathan Lara I see it is your 1st post so welcome to BP.

I think someone has misled you on how easy wholesaling is. You should be very thankful there is no such site. If there was, all investors would go there and buy directly. There would be no need for a wholesaler. 

Good deals are hard to find. Finding deals that are so good there is enough profit  for the investor and you, are even harder to find. There are lots of ways to find deals.  Search here as there are a ton of threads and blogs on the subject. I know of at least one blog with the title 100 (or is it 101) ways to find deals. 

Most active wholesalers have several methods going at one time to find deals. Good luck.

Originally posted by @Isaac Barrow :

Just if you're starting out, I would actually recommend looking on here, Craiglist, Zillow, and even Facebook can be a good resource. But I think the best way to find deals is to get out there and go to local group meetups which feature all kinds of buyers, wholesalers, realtors, and such. Gives you access to all kinds of deals that people aren't even bothering to put out there.

yes i did hear about that but i live in a small town and their no local group what i know of. most likely i have to go to drive 200 miles for one.

If houses are listed on website, then everyone else already knows about them. 

If you have no real estate experience/background/knowledge and sales/negotiating experience and some money.....you are just wasting time....find a normal job. 

Originally posted by @Wayne Brooks :

If houses are listed on website, then everyone else already knows about them. 

If you have no real estate experience/background/knowledge and sales/negotiating experience and some money.....you are just wasting time....find a normal job. 

no need to be like that I'm just asking a question buddy I'm doing this so i can stop work at a normal job no need to be cocky 

Not being rude, wholesaling is not as simple as people try to make it out....probably a 90% failure rate. 

10 years ago when distressed properties were 10 times what it is today it was different story. 

You’ve got probably 3-5 times as many people trying it as compared to back then, with about 10% of the inventory we had back then......not good odds. 

if you want to broker real estate ( which at its base is what wholesaling is) join the club get licensed and work as an agent.

its all there for you on the MLS thousands of properties that can be sold and all by motivated sellers and motivated buyers..

the buying of under valued assets and then flipping them is HIGHLY regional.. there are still parts of the country were there are thousands of vacant homes.. so what your thinking of can work there. 

but its hard work and it cost a lot of money to make money at it.. you need to market and market cost money.

can you stumble into deals yup.. but your not going to just pop on a website and put a property under contract then resell it.. that wont happen..  One most of those websites don't allow assignments..

You will definitely need to have some skin in the game.... wholsesaling is not that easy. It sounds like you should go the real estate route and start there. By law of attraction you will definitely stumble across many MANY off market deals. You just have to hungry and talk to every one about what you do and what you are looking for.