...with some meat, not the usual pan over that I see everywhere with all these other courses reviewed here. You can spend $497 or $1497 and still get the same frustrations. I've seen plenty of suggestions on wholesaling, but no meat and potatoes on strategies to build a buyer's list, negotiating or how to find these 'great' deals everyone talks about. I need cash, not a rental property with tenant and cash flow problems right now. I know some basics from reading, but haven't seen much more in details here or in searches at my public library. Any suggestions on getting the details of this niche investing strategy would be much appreciated, especially if it is an affordable resource for a change. Thanks. :shock:
Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
16y
Because I don't like the "Note from Admin" that is in this quoted post, but I like the spirit of the post, I went to the trouble of hyperlinking all of the old links to where the BP forum database "thinks" those posts belong. Click away!
Originally posted by Ryan Webber:
Wow, Wes. :D Thank you for your comments.
Your idea inspired me to go sifting through my posts and others on the basics of wholesaling.
Here's a handful of good posts on wholesaling, finding deals, crunching numbers, hard money loans, and a couple miscellaneous nuggets that I think can help point a new investor in the right direction.
(in radio voice) This course is brought to you by biggerpockets.com and is available for complete download for the very affordable price of $0.00. (end radio voice)
:rock:
NOTE FROM ADMIN: The links below may not work. Since upgrading our forums in early 2008, some of these links no longer exist in the same place. Sorry about any problems.
Real Estate Investor · Member since 2012 · 189 posts · 32 votes
13y
wow... this one google found. I think this post should be moved to the wholesale forum instead of here... what do you think Joshua Dorkin / Brandon Turner?
Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
13y
Not sure how applicable 3 and 4 year old info is anymore, marketing probably hasn't changed.
The OP was asking about books, I wouldn't move it, but whatever.
After getting to know folks a little better on here, from long ago, there is probably better information being more current, I wouldn't rely on very much at all from years past. :)
Real Estate Investor · Member since 2012 · 189 posts · 32 votes
13y
i just saw the boatload of links that linkmaster Steve Babiak did for this, and thought it might be wholesale fodder. however, i did not yet explore the links to see how relevant the material was tho.
Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
13y
Kelvin K. the links are not by my choosing; I just activated links to threads that Ryan Webber had chosen in a post on the previous page of this thread. This thread already appears to be under the wholesaling forum BTW; did you want it to be made a "sticky"? If so, then you should make that specific request ...
Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
13y
Steve Babiak Question: Is making a thread a stickey an endorsement of the content? I'm not going through all thoses links, just wondering if old materials are still valid, no telling what's in there. :)
Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
13y
Bill Gulley - sticky threads make them easier to find, placing them near the top of the forum. I guess that does lead to presumption of an endorsement. Like you, I did not read in depth the various links that Ryan supplied. However, since he was a presenter on the topic of wholesaling at the 2012 BP Summit, that sort of indicates an endorsement of sorts too ...
Anyway, all of those links are there for perusal by all members, and the threads there that haven't been locked are still fair game for additional posts ...
Real Estate Investor · Member since 2012 · 189 posts · 32 votes
13y
Originally posted by Steve Babiak:
Kelvin K. the links are not by my choosing; I just activated links to threads that Ryan Webber had chosen in a post on the previous page of this thread. This thread already appears to be under the wholesaling forum BTW; did you want it to be made a "sticky"? If so, then you should make that specific request ...
Hi Steve, right... i didn't mean to say you created or compiled those links. To clarify, I only meant to regard you as the "linkmaster," that's all.
And ya, one of the moderators moved this thread from the books and guru forum to the wholesaler forum already...
Now I just have to make some time to follow the links and see where they lead. I'm not sure if this thread is worth a sticky yet, but I guess the members will soon help determine that fate.
Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 0 votes
13y
@RyanWebber other than BP what books or resources did you refer to to get started in Wholesaling. Are there any current books or resources you would suggest on the the Current Wholesale Market & REO Wholesaling? Also, are there any other books or resources you would suggest for Wholesaling or RE Investing in general?
Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
13y
Originally posted by Bill Gulley:
Not sure how applicable 3 and 4 year old info is anymore, marketing probably hasn't changed.
The OP was asking about books, I wouldn't move it, but whatever.
After getting to know folks a little better on here, from long ago, there is probably better information being more current, I wouldn't rely on very much at all from years past. :)
The thread was started over 6 years ago so the info is more than 3-4 years old.
Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
13y
James Hiddle - please go through the links that Ryan Webber originally assembled, within my post above, and let us know which no longer are appropriate. Lots of old info stands the test of time, and other old info is simply out-dated; so help us all out and let us know - don't just criticize unless you're able to be constructive.
Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
13y
Where in my post Steve was I criticizing anything? All I said to Bill that the thread was over 6 years old and the info was older than the 3-4 years he mentioned that's all. My intention wasn't to criticize at all and if anyone thought that than I apologize.
Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 0 votes
13y
My original post:
@Ryan Webber other than BP what books or resources did you refer to to get started in Wholesaling. Are there any current books or resources you would suggest on the the Current Wholesale Market & REO Wholesaling? Also, are there any other books or resources you would suggest for Wholesaling or RE Investing in general?
My question from before was directed mainly at Ryan Weber. But, if anyone else has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate your suggestions on books about wholesaling or REO wholesaling. I will definitely take a look at the links that Steve Babiak posted from Ryan Webber because, I am sure there is information & knowledge that I can gain from Mr. Webber's forum posts. I just happen to like hardcover books that I can hold in my hand and not worry about losing single pages of information.