Cold Call or RVM (Ringless Voicemail)

Cold Call or RVM (Ringless Voicemail)

Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes

I'm going to get a list of about 650 vacant properties and 300 absentee owned, out of state properties skip traced. I'm contemplating doing a ringless voicemail campaign instead of calling each individual number. I would probably do 50 rvm drops a day for 10-15 days, depending on how many numbers I get back. Would this be a good approach or should I stick to cold calling each number? Also, is this enough volume or should I increase the amount of properties i need to skip trace? My last list I skip traced got about a 55% return for .18 cents a skip. Let me know what you think is best. RVM seems like it would speed up the process but cold calling seems like it would have a higher success rate per lead. thanks. 

3Reply
286 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 231 posts · 169 votes
7y

I take my lists and start with an RVM and mark everyone off that responds and how they respond (for follow up purposes). People who call back and are wanting to sell usually are pretty motivated. Then everyone I didn't get a response from I cold call at a later date usually 1 week later. Once again I mark off everyone and their response. Then the people who I still haven't made contact with get a letter. That way I start out cheap and then start spending more time and money to get them. Also one thing I always do after I skiptrace a list is I plug it into a facebook audience so that they start getting targeted ads. Make sure that no matter how you get ahold of them you find a way to follow up with them. I like text and email drip campaigns as a form of follow up mailchimp and skipio are good for that.  

See this reply in the discussion

50 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Daly City, CA · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    why not do both? RVM then cold call after

  • Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    I think I might stick to cold calling my list. Once I'm done I might wait a month or a month and a half and send out a RVM campaign as a follow up to the same list (unless they ask not to). Thanks.

  • Lehi, UT · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    @Kyle Schwery what service do you use for RVM, and how much would it cost? Newbie here trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks!

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 45 votes
    8y

    55% return, as in only 55% of the property addresses you received back from the skip trace had good phone numbers? If so, that's low numbers. I'd recommend using TLO or Accurint.

  • Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jeremy Baxter:

    @Kyle Schwery what service do you use for RVM, and how much would it cost? Newbie here trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks!

     I was looking at slybroadcast. It has many pricing options

  • Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Reggie Wright:

    55% return, as in only 55% of the property addresses you received back from the skip trace had good phone numbers? If so, that's low numbers. I'd recommend using TLO or Accurint.

     Whats your cost per lead using these sources?

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 45 votes
    8y

    By cost per lead I'm assuming you mean "cost per search". I use a contractor from upwork.com to search on my behalf. It costs me $0.25 per search if I have the name and address. If I don't have the name, then its $0.35 for the contractor to search Landvision for the name and then Accurint for the phone number. 

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Kyle Schwery FWIW, I get a TON of spam from RVMs.  When I see a VM pop up on my phone when there was either no ring or 1 ring, I instantly delete the VM and block the number and send it to the Hiya app so it gets flagged as a spam number.

    I cannot tell you how much it ticks me off - and that's the reason I refuse to even consider it.

  • Green Bay, WI · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    @Kyle Schwery following and curious myself also where do you recommend getting the best list of vancant property list?
  • Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Brendan Osuocha:
    @Kyle Schwery following and curious myself also where do you recommend getting the best list of vancant property list?

     I use REIPro. It provides vacant, absentee owner, preforeclosure, high equity, and other types of leads. It also provides comparable sales and has an in house direct mail service. if you want to know more about it look up chris goff on youtube. He is the co-founder of REIPro.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Kyle Schwery:

    I'm going to get a list of about 650 vacant properties and 300 absentee owned, out of state properties skip traced. I'm contemplating doing a ringless voicemail campaign instead of calling each individual number. I would probably do 50 rvm drops a day for 10-15 days, depending on how many numbers I get back. Would this be a good approach or should I stick to cold calling each number? Also, is this enough volume or should I increase the amount of properties i need to skip trace? My last list I skip traced got about a 55% return for .18 cents a skip. Let me know what you think is best. RVM seems like it would speed up the process but cold calling seems like it would have a higher success rate per lead. thanks. 

     Hello Kyle

    I would do both... Your RVM will automatically be run through the DNC however the other list may not be so be careful. 

    Also I would only use the RVM for follow up after contact. Besides and WAV file cannot hear the seller's motivation and you are the most qualified to and have spent a bucket load on those addresses and numbers so call yourself.

    I can forward you the scripts if needed. 

    We contact our sellers back aggressively using Voice, Text, Email and RVM. You have a 90 day window on inbound calls so stay within it.

    You also want to use a service that allows you to push a message when you hit voicemails or youll spend a huge amount of time doing it yourself and youll get a huge percentage of VMs over answers.

    Happy House Hunting

  • Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:
    Originally posted by @Kyle Schwery:

    I'm going to get a list of about 650 vacant properties and 300 absentee owned, out of state properties skip traced. I'm contemplating doing a ringless voicemail campaign instead of calling each individual number. I would probably do 50 rvm drops a day for 10-15 days, depending on how many numbers I get back. Would this be a good approach or should I stick to cold calling each number? Also, is this enough volume or should I increase the amount of properties i need to skip trace? My last list I skip traced got about a 55% return for .18 cents a skip. Let me know what you think is best. RVM seems like it would speed up the process but cold calling seems like it would have a higher success rate per lead. thanks. 

     Hello Kyle

    I would do both... Your RVM will automatically be run through the DNC however the other list may not be so be careful. 

    Also I would only use the RVM for follow up after contact. Besides and WAV file cannot hear the seller's motivation and you are the most qualified to and have spent a bucket load on those addresses and numbers so call yourself.

    I can forward you the scripts if needed. 

    We contact our sellers back aggressively using Voice, Text, Email and RVM. You have a 90 day window on inbound calls so stay within it.

    You also want to use a service that allows you to push a message when you hit voicemails or youll spend a huge amount of time doing it yourself and youll get a huge percentage of VMs over answers.

    Happy House Hunting

     Thanks Michael. Do you know someone that could run my numbers through a DNC scrubber? Or should I buy the service myself. Looks like it could be up to $140 a month.

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I’m fairly new new to wholesaling. I’ve been at it about two months. This form of marketing I haven’t tried and I haven’t got any deals with my current marketing campaign (Craigslist, bandit signs, and direct mailing.) I’m looking to learn and tap into anything I can do I can get that first deal. This is a very informative post. I will research these techniques more and implement immediately.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greater San Diego Area · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    What is your experience with the success of ringless voicemail? I too am considering using RVM to acquire leads, but am not sure if the return will be better than cold-calling. I know this post is a few months old, so hopefully you can enlighten me with the results from your experiment of cold-calling vs RVM.

    Also, what company did you use for RVM's? I am planning to use http://www.cell-phone-list.net/ringless-voicemail-drop-platform.html because the cost is around 2 cents per message, which is better than others I've checked. Maybe you know of a better provider?

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Kyle Schwery. What service you use for skip tracing
  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Kyle Schwery. What’s a good skip tracing site
  • Real Estate Agent · Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    @Michael Quarles Great bit of info, would you mind Pm'ing me some voicemail scripts? 

    Also your YL are great, I sent out a few earlier this year and had great responses. Thanks

  • Real Estate Agent · Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    @Andrew LeBaron Would you mind PM'ing me the dialer you use?

    Thanks in advance

  • Real Estate Agent · Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    @Andrew LeBaron Thanks for the info, I will check them out.

  • Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 231 posts · 169 votes
    7y

    I take my lists and start with an RVM and mark everyone off that responds and how they respond (for follow up purposes). People who call back and are wanting to sell usually are pretty motivated. Then everyone I didn't get a response from I cold call at a later date usually 1 week later. Once again I mark off everyone and their response. Then the people who I still haven't made contact with get a letter. That way I start out cheap and then start spending more time and money to get them. Also one thing I always do after I skiptrace a list is I plug it into a facebook audience so that they start getting targeted ads. Make sure that no matter how you get ahold of them you find a way to follow up with them. I like text and email drip campaigns as a form of follow up mailchimp and skipio are good for that.  

  • Wholesaler · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2015 · 277 posts · 95 votes
    7y
    @Michael Quarles Hello Michael I would appreciate it if you could send me those scripts for RVM
  • South Hackensack, NJ · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Michael Quarles I would also appreciate it if you could send me the cold call and RVM scripts. 

    Thanks!

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Great thread guys. Thanks so much for all of your amazing contributions. @Michael Quarles I would love to get your scripts as well if possible, Thanks! 

  • Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2009 · 153 posts · 44 votes
    7y
    @Michael Quarles I would like those rvm scripts as well please.
  • Investor · Milton, FL · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Matt Greer THAT, sir is an answer to the question! I am very interested in conversion rates for that method! Plus I like the tiered approach of RVM to Cold Call to letter/postcard ! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.