Cold Call or RVM (Ringless Voicemail)

50 Replies

I'm going to get a list of about 650 vacant properties and 300 absentee owned, out of state properties skip traced. I'm contemplating doing a ringless voicemail campaign instead of calling each individual number. I would probably do 50 rvm drops a day for 10-15 days, depending on how many numbers I get back. Would this be a good approach or should I stick to cold calling each number? Also, is this enough volume or should I increase the amount of properties i need to skip trace? My last list I skip traced got about a 55% return for .18 cents a skip. Let me know what you think is best. RVM seems like it would speed up the process but cold calling seems like it would have a higher success rate per lead. thanks. 

I think I might stick to cold calling my list. Once I'm done I might wait a month or a month and a half and send out a RVM campaign as a follow up to the same list (unless they ask not to). Thanks.

Originally posted by @Reggie Wright :

55% return, as in only 55% of the property addresses you received back from the skip trace had good phone numbers? If so, that's low numbers. I'd recommend using TLO or Accurint.

Whats your cost per lead using these sources?

By cost per lead I'm assuming you mean "cost per search". I use a contractor from upwork.com to search on my behalf. It costs me $0.25 per search if I have the name and address. If I don't have the name, then its $0.35 for the contractor to search Landvision for the name and then Accurint for the phone number. 

@Kyle Schwery FWIW, I get a TON of spam from RVMs.  When I see a VM pop up on my phone when there was either no ring or 1 ring, I instantly delete the VM and block the number and send it to the Hiya app so it gets flagged as a spam number.

I cannot tell you how much it ticks me off - and that's the reason I refuse to even consider it.

Originally posted by @Brendan Osuocha :
@Kyle Schwery following and curious myself also where do you recommend getting the best list of vancant property list?

I use REIPro. It provides vacant, absentee owner, preforeclosure, high equity, and other types of leads. It also provides comparable sales and has an in house direct mail service. if you want to know more about it look up chris goff on youtube. He is the co-founder of REIPro.

Originally posted by @Kyle Schwery :

I'm going to get a list of about 650 vacant properties and 300 absentee owned, out of state properties skip traced. I'm contemplating doing a ringless voicemail campaign instead of calling each individual number. I would probably do 50 rvm drops a day for 10-15 days, depending on how many numbers I get back. Would this be a good approach or should I stick to cold calling each number? Also, is this enough volume or should I increase the amount of properties i need to skip trace? My last list I skip traced got about a 55% return for .18 cents a skip. Let me know what you think is best. RVM seems like it would speed up the process but cold calling seems like it would have a higher success rate per lead. thanks. 

Hello Kyle

I would do both... Your RVM will automatically be run through the DNC however the other list may not be so be careful. 

Also I would only use the RVM for follow up after contact. Besides and WAV file cannot hear the seller's motivation and you are the most qualified to and have spent a bucket load on those addresses and numbers so call yourself.

I can forward you the scripts if needed. 

We contact our sellers back aggressively using Voice, Text, Email and RVM. You have a 90 day window on inbound calls so stay within it.

You also want to use a service that allows you to push a message when you hit voicemails or youll spend a huge amount of time doing it yourself and youll get a huge percentage of VMs over answers.

Happy House Hunting

Originally posted by @Michael Quarles :
Originally posted by @Kyle Schwery:

Hello Kyle

I would do both... Your RVM will automatically be run through the DNC however the other list may not be so be careful. 

Also I would only use the RVM for follow up after contact. Besides and WAV file cannot hear the seller's motivation and you are the most qualified to and have spent a bucket load on those addresses and numbers so call yourself.

I can forward you the scripts if needed. 

We contact our sellers back aggressively using Voice, Text, Email and RVM. You have a 90 day window on inbound calls so stay within it.

You also want to use a service that allows you to push a message when you hit voicemails or youll spend a huge amount of time doing it yourself and youll get a huge percentage of VMs over answers.

Happy House Hunting

Thanks Michael. Do you know someone that could run my numbers through a DNC scrubber? Or should I buy the service myself. Looks like it could be up to $140 a month.

I’m fairly new new to wholesaling. I’ve been at it about two months. This form of marketing I haven’t tried and I haven’t got any deals with my current marketing campaign (Craigslist, bandit signs, and direct mailing.) I’m looking to learn and tap into anything I can do I can get that first deal. This is a very informative post. I will research these techniques more and implement immediately.

What is your experience with the success of ringless voicemail? I too am considering using RVM to acquire leads, but am not sure if the return will be better than cold-calling. I know this post is a few months old, so hopefully you can enlighten me with the results from your experiment of cold-calling vs RVM.

Also, what company did you use for RVM's? I am planning to use http://www.cell-phone-list.net/ringless-voicemail-drop-platform.html because the cost is around 2 cents per message, which is better than others I've checked. Maybe you know of a better provider?