Cold Call or RVM (Ringless Voicemail)

Cold Call or RVM (Ringless Voicemail)

Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes

I'm going to get a list of about 650 vacant properties and 300 absentee owned, out of state properties skip traced. I'm contemplating doing a ringless voicemail campaign instead of calling each individual number. I would probably do 50 rvm drops a day for 10-15 days, depending on how many numbers I get back. Would this be a good approach or should I stick to cold calling each number? Also, is this enough volume or should I increase the amount of properties i need to skip trace? My last list I skip traced got about a 55% return for .18 cents a skip. Let me know what you think is best. RVM seems like it would speed up the process but cold calling seems like it would have a higher success rate per lead. thanks. 

3Reply
272 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 230 posts · 169 votes
7y

I take my lists and start with an RVM and mark everyone off that responds and how they respond (for follow up purposes). People who call back and are wanting to sell usually are pretty motivated. Then everyone I didn't get a response from I cold call at a later date usually 1 week later. Once again I mark off everyone and their response. Then the people who I still haven't made contact with get a letter. That way I start out cheap and then start spending more time and money to get them. Also one thing I always do after I skiptrace a list is I plug it into a facebook audience so that they start getting targeted ads. Make sure that no matter how you get ahold of them you find a way to follow up with them. I like text and email drip campaigns as a form of follow up mailchimp and skipio are good for that.  

See this reply in the discussion

50 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Kyle Schwery

    I use REIL RAIL for my RVM and skip tracing. They scrub the numbers against the DNC list. REI RAIL also lets you know who calls you back before your phone rings so your not guessing who's calling or asking them for the info

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I use REIL RAIL for my RVM and skip tracing. They scrub the numbers against the DNC list. REI RAIL also lets you know who calls you back before your phone rings so your not guessing who's calling or asking them for the info

  • Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I use www.skiptrace100.com and I don’t have anyone for RVM ....looking

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    You can get phone numbers from names and zip codes for free, just very time consuming process of 1 at a time, but saves money. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Charlie MacPherson

    Do you read your junk mail, lol?

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Chuck Roberson As a matter of face, no.  It goes into recycling.

    RVM is such an obnoxious thing to do, I just refuse to do it to others.  Sort of a do unto others thing.

    One of my personal mottos is "Be thou not the prick".  That extends to RVM.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    What is your most effective method of marketing?

  • NJ · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    7y

    Regardless as to what anyone is saying , If a seller is truly motivated to sell his home he would not care that you left a RVM. A lot of people dont answer numbers that they aren't familiar with. So for those type of people , an RVM would be perfect . Some people may say its wrong because they personally would rather be on the phone but that doesnt make sending an RVM a bad practice. Just my two cents

  • Flipper/Rehabber · De Pere, WI · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    We started using RVM as a first contact for our D4$ leads about 2 months ago and it works very well. We get about an 8-10% call back rate on RVMs that were delivered. 

  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Kyle Schwery I would say cold call. Most people dont listen to voicemails from numbers they dont know. Maybe cold call first then if you cant make contact do the VM

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 256 posts · 64 votes
    7y

    @Michael Quarles This is an older thread, but may I have your RVM script PM'ed please?

  • Real Estate Agent · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Michael Quarles Would you mind sharing your RVM script with me please?

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    6y

     Hello Kyle

    I would do both... Your RVM will automatically be run through the DNC however the other list may not be so be careful. 

    Also I would only use the RVM for follow up after contact. Besides and WAV file cannot hear the seller's motivation and you are the most qualified to and have spent a bucket load on those addresses and numbers so call yourself.

    I can forward you the scripts if needed. 

    We contact our sellers back aggressively using Voice, Text, Email and RVM. You have a 90 day window on inbound calls so stay within it.

    You also want to use a service that allows you to push a message when you hit voicemails or youll spend a huge amount of time doing it yourself and youll get a huge percentage of VMs over answers.

    Happy House Hunting

    Hi Michael,

    Thank you for the detailed response and offer to send your script.

    I heard you mention these tactics are on your podcast episode.

    Can you send me the script you use? 

    - Chris 

  • Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Michael Quarles I’m a little late to the game here but would you mind sharing your RVM scripts? Im on the verge of adding sms and RVM into my business. I’m also interested in your Calltext software and curious if it’s compatible with podio.

    Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.