I found a vacant property in my neighborhood

I found a vacant property in my neighborhood

Williamsport, PA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 6 votes

Hi I’m new to wholesaling I’ve been looking at tons of videos and received great feedback on this site as well I’m ready to get started I don’t want to waste any time anymore my question is I found a vacant property in my neighborhood that has a no trust pass sign on the door how do I find the owner of the property and is it worth looking in to? Please in need of feedback

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 20 votes
7y

@Taryn Lewis 

Have you tried looking up the tax info? You should be able to looking that information up fairly easy online through your city or county. I have been using the Deal Machine app for a few months and love it. May be something to look at if you are looking at a lot of properties. 

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Search the property appraisers site/records in your county. It list the owners and you can send them a post card bc most times their address is listed. 

  • Investor · Morrisville, NC · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 673 votes
    7y

    @Taryn Lewis . Each county has a website that keeps track of real estate data. I'm sure you county also has one. Find the site, then enter the exact address and you should be able to get more data.

    Good Luck.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    You have to learn how to use your local county/city public records to establish who the owner is....most are online.

  • Rental Property Investor · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    @Taryn Lewis 

    Have you tried looking up the tax info? You should be able to looking that information up fairly easy online through your city or county. I have been using the Deal Machine app for a few months and love it. May be something to look at if you are looking at a lot of properties. 

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi Taryn,

    Skip trace the address, you will find the owner and his phone number. I hope this will help you. Feel free to PM me.

    Juhi

  • Williamsport, PA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    thanks guys for the good feedback im going to look up the address on my local county website 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Westfield, NJ · Member since 2018 · 111 posts · 84 votes
    7y

    Oftentimes if it's vacant and you look up the address in the tax records, it may still just have the property address listed as the mailing address for the person who owns it.  If that happens, what I do is log onto whitepages.com and search their name in the city and state where the property is located.  It will give you a bunch of people and list of addresses,  I check for the person who has that property address on their list to make sure it's the right person.  If there is a new current address, then I mail to that address and to the property address.  They may still be getting mail forwarded from the property address.  I have a subscription to white pages that is $9.95 per month, I find it to be great.  It also gives phone numbers too.

  • Investor/Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 291 posts · 308 votes
    7y

    Good advise here, but you could always place a handwritten note on the door saying you would like to buy the house.  I'm guessing the owner doesn't often check in on the property so it may take some time to hear from them, but it's another good way of connecting with them.  Good luck.

  • David LeckoPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 107 votes
    7y

    @Taryn Lewis awesome job finding a vacant property! We have seen that it takes finding about 200 properties like that (vacant, or occupied and needs maintenance) and sending mail to them 3x each to get 1 deal! Keep up the good work!

  • Marathon, FL · Member since 2014 · 29 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Tahra Wright does whitepages give you phone numbers?

    Also, what is the best skip trace app/site you guys have to find telephone numbers?

  • Gina SternPro Member
    Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 159 votes
    7y

    Yes Lookup address at county records at BOTH appraiser records and Tax collector records.  Typically in my experience Tax collectors have best info for most recent contact since people have to pay them and they send bills and stuff, appraisers don't.   I would also mail the house a letter as well as address found in appraiser and tax collector and finally if you REALLY want to contact them, do simple skip tracing on owner name.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Westfield, NJ · Member since 2018 · 111 posts · 84 votes
    7y

    @Alex

    @Alex Palma Yes it does give you phone numbers.  It will give you a list of numbers, but they could be any number they have ever had, so you have to call each and see what's current.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.