Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Burt L.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Steamboat, CO
Votes |
What to Look For When Driving For Dollars?

Burt L.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Steamboat, CO
Posted Feb 16 2013, 06:54

When driving a neighborhood, I find its much easier to find properties that seem distressed - with wood exteriors as brick is such low maintenance. In those with wood exteriors, I want to mail to about each fifth house, which is probably too much. Houses with peeling up roof shingles are simple enough, but those with peeling paint on wood trim might not be sufficient to mail a letter?

The time of year is also helpful, and of course unmowed lawns are an indicator, but doesn't help in winters. I have thought of driving a day or two after snowstorms to see what houses don't have car-tracks in or out of garages or any other cars at the property.

A bird dog I know was also getting some heat from a wholesaler for sending him the addresses of each house with unmowed grass - as thats not a sufficient lead.

After selecting a property, I look to see if it has sufficient equity and then mail to the owner of record, whether it owner-occ or abssentee owned. Wanted to see if others had more focused suggestions as I'm likely taking too broad an approach. I seem to want to mail to about every fifth house in some wood-faced neighborhoods, and there are nearly none in some better brick neighborhoods.

Loading replies...