Invitation to join Class Action Lawsuit STOA/FlipOS/Farraway SG

Invitation to join Class Action Lawsuit STOA/FlipOS/Farraway SG

Terri AbsherPro Member
Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 7 votes

Dear Fellow Investors,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to connect with others who have encountered significant financial challenges due to our experiences with STOA/FlipOS and their recent transactions with Farraway SG.

In 2022, my company achieved a net profit of approximately $2.2 million through transactions with FlipOS. My team traveled to Arizona to meet with the FlipOS team, who had recently raised substantial funding—$136 million in 2021, followed by $50 million in May, 2022 and an additional $100 million in August 2022. During our discussions, we explored goals for growth in an indirect partnership. However, shortly thereafter, we began to experience delays in draws, mislabeling issues, postponed closings, and unreceived funds. Ultimately, these challenges culminated in widespread layoffs at FlipOS, which forced me into involuntary cancel contracts for properties originally earmarked for sale to them. Navigating these delays and organizational instability proved to be immensely challenging.

In my own investigation, I discovered that Farraway SG emerged as the new entity managing the loans, with its LLC tracing back to Tel Aviv. At the time of the cancellations, I found myself owning over 20 properties in partnership with various investors and joint venture partners. After multiple attempts to stabilize my operations, I was compelled to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Regrettably, after eight protracted months, my case was converted to Chapter 7 due to insufficient equity.

Ironically, the trustee swiftly secured a buyer for all the properties that were to be sold to STOA/FlipOS—this buyer being Farraway SG, the same entity that acquired the loans held by STOA USA during a time when they were laying off employees and leaving us in a difficult position.

STOA never officially filed bankruptcy. I was never made aware that Farraway SG purchased my loans. It’s clear that this partnership was strategically kept quiet. 

This leaves me with the question….where did the $300 Million in funding go? Did they over leverage on purpose, knowing that they would eventually get the assets back at pennies on the dollar?  Who is Farraway SG? 

Given these circumstances, I believe there may be grounds for a class action lawsuit against these companies, and their owners. If you have experienced similar difficulties, I encourage you to consider collaborating with me. By uniting our voices, we can strengthen our case and seek justice for the challenges we have faced.

If you are interested in discussing this matter further or if you are aware of any attorneys who may be willing to take on this case, please do not hesitate to reach out. Together, we can advocate for our rights as investors.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Dr.Terri Absher   

0Reply
140 views

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y

    can you layout your typical transaction with these folks its unclear from your post how these were set up.. are you a borrower and they are the first position lender on flip deals ???

    selling notes do not have to get permission from the payor on the note to be legal nor do they have to notify but its common to notify so you know where to send your payment.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y

    @Terri Absher

    Not familiar with them but here is a prior post on BP about them

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/1006736-has-anyone-done-business-with-flipos

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Terri AbsherPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    @Jay Hinrichs STOA was the lender and the end buyer.  I would find properties, submit them to their portal and they would tell me what they would offer when the house was completely remodeled.  They would also provide the funding and renovation funds at 7%.  Originally when they were known as FlipOS, they would split up the interest payments,so I would pay the remaining amount for the month the house was purchased and then the remaining balance on the sale of the home to them.  

    And yes, I understand that they do not have to notify us if the note is bought out. However, when STOA first started going down the tank, they were negotiating with me on interest because selling them on MLS was a different entity at that time. I was holding approximately 20 of their properties at that time, so you can imagine that unexpectedly paying out 20 interest payments every month was impossible.

  • Terri AbsherPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    @Chris Seveney Yes, thank you.  I believe that I have reached out to them as well.  

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Terri Absher:

    @Jay Hinrichs STOA was the lender and the end buyer.  I would find properties, submit them to their portal and they would tell me what they would offer when the house was completely remodeled.  They would also provide the funding and renovation funds at 7%.  Originally when they were known as FlipOS, they would split up the interest payments,so I would pay the remaining amount for the month the house was purchased and then the remaining balance on the sale of the home to them.  

    And yes, I understand that they do not have to notify us if the note is bought out. However, when STOA first started going down the tank, they were negotiating with me on interest because selling them on MLS was a different entity at that time. I was holding approximately 20 of their properties at that time, so you can imagine that unexpectedly paying out 20 interest payments every month was impossible.


    OK so basically you were a bird dog and then a contractor for them. But the props were in your name and they had a loan against it and then when it was done they bought it from you and you made a profit ???  Personally never heard of this scheme or way to set up transactions. 
  • Michael DiossaPro Member
    Investor · RI · Member since 2023 · 192 posts · 163 votes
    1y

    This is interesting ..

  • Terri AbsherPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    @Jay Hinrichs Yes, it was an interesting setup with them.  Never seen anything like it since.  But yes, I would find the houses, submit, get an offer from them with a signed PASA, take the loan through them, and after reno was complete, they would buy the house.  

  • New to Real Estate · Truckee, CA · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Terri Absher:

    @Jay Hinrichs Yes, it was an interesting setup with them.  Never seen anything like it since.  But yes, I would find the houses, submit, get an offer from them with a signed PASA, take the loan through them, and after reno was complete, they would buy the house.  


     I am curious if you had to invest any of your own money in the form of equity or to pay for some of the remodeling. Also I am curious if you had to disclose any personal assets even if you did not use them to secure these loans in other to enter an agreement with them. 

    Are all these properties under your personal name? 

    From what I understand, they knew you had some asset of value and this scheme allowed them to access. 

  • New to Real Estate · Truckee, CA · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    if your projects were profitable, why not find other investors and pay them the loan and move on? 

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Hey Terri I only did one with them and of course they cancelled my contract and now they are trying to foreclose on it. I am trying to convince my attorney to take this case and after showing him this info on all the others affected maybe we can get some traction on going after these fraudulent people. Feel free to email me if you get any info on this moving forward. Elevatedpropertygroup@gmail

    • Terri AbsherPro Member
      OP
      Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 7 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jeremy Hazelwood:

      Hey Terri I only did one with them and of course they cancelled my contract and now they are trying to foreclose on it. I am trying to convince my attorney to take this case and after showing him this info on all the others affected maybe we can get some traction on going after these fraudulent people. Feel free to email me if you get any info on this moving forward. Elevatedpropertygroup@gmail

      I would love to connect on this! You have no idea how much I have researched this back to LLCs out of Tel Aviv.  Im going to shoot you an email now, but honestly, I would love to keep our conversation public to invite more people into the conversation.  There have to be more victims of this! 
    • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Terri Absher:
      Quote from @Jeremy Hazelwood:

      Hey Terri I only did one with them and of course they cancelled my contract and now they are trying to foreclose on it. I am trying to convince my attorney to take this case and after showing him this info on all the others affected maybe we can get some traction on going after these fraudulent people. Feel free to email me if you get any info on this moving forward. Elevatedpropertygroup@gmail

      I would love to connect on this! You have no idea how much I have researched this back to LLCs out of Tel Aviv.  Im going to shoot you an email now, but honestly, I would love to keep our conversation public to invite more people into the conversation.  There have to be more victims of this! 
      I am also one of those victims and now they are trying to Foreclose on the property! FCI Lender is the loan servicing company and I tried to negotiate a Short Payoff their Loss Mitigation Specialist (Jesse) to finally get rid of this property with a retail end-buyer.  They are strong-arming and refuse to comply, jeopardizing the sale of this property.  It’s a nightmare to deal with these people.  

      Let me know what you need and I will support the best I can! 
  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 19 votes
    1y

    Wow...crazy I see this post after they BURNED us 3 years ago. We had 5 active flips with STOA in 2022-2023 and we ended up losing money on 4 out of the 5 deals because of them refusing to purchase our flips. They delayed inspections as much as they could and always wanted us to do more and more and add to the SOW in order for them to close. Once the crap hit the fan on interest rates they were doing everything they could to not buy. They basically told us to kick rocks and then when we lost a bunch of money on opportunity cost they eventually came back trying to buy our last remaining flip back from us. 

    Literally, everything you described we experienced as well. 

  • Terri AbsherPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    Stephen - I know there have to be more people out there like us! You want to know the best part.... Farraway SG (the company that bought all of STOA's debt) ended up cutting a deal with the trustee in the bankruptcy and buying all the houses back! It's like it was planned all along! It's wild! Im sorry to hear you were a victim of it as well!  Hopefully, one day, enough of us will be able to come together to do something about it.  

    • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 19 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Terri Absher:

      Stephen - I know there have to be more people out there like us! You want to know the best part.... Farraway SG (the company that bought all of STOA's debt) ended up cutting a deal with the trustee in the bankruptcy and buying all the houses back! It's like it was planned all along! It's wild! Im sorry to hear you were a victim of it as well!  Hopefully, one day, enough of us will be able to come together to do something about it.  

      Thanks Terri! They definitely screwed a lot of us that were doing deals in Jax! Definitely some shady stuff on their end. Let me know if you want me to send over any docs that I have on deals we did with them if you get a case going. 
  • Terri AbsherPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    @Jonathan Beehary So, after they canceled your contract, did you try to put the house up on MLS?

    • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Terri Absher:

      @Jonathan Beehary So, after they canceled your contract, did you try to put the house up on MLS?

      Yes, House was on the market several times after however, due to the lack of funding to complete the renovation, we were unable to sell at that time. I paid for the renovation costs out of pocket over time and finally got it to a point where it passes inspection for FHA/Traditional lenders. We are currently under contract and set to close on March 10th however, Saluda Grade is not agreeing on a reduction in Payoff to help put some money back into my pocket that I lost over time. Worst experience dealing with these people!

      I do feel this was all part of their plan smh.

    • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 19 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jonathan Beehary:
      Quote from @Terri Absher:

      @Jonathan Beehary So, after they canceled your contract, did you try to put the house up on MLS?

      Yes, House was on the market several times after however, due to the lack of funding to complete the renovation, we were unable to sell at that time. I paid for the renovation costs out of pocket over time and finally got it to a point where it passes inspection for FHA/Traditional lenders. We are currently under contract and set to close on March 10th however, Saluda Grade is not agreeing on a reduction in Payoff to help put some money back into my pocket that I lost over time. Worst experience dealing with these people!

      I do feel this was all part of their plan smh.


       Wow that is absolutely insane.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.