For the 100th episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we bring you the interview that you’ve been asking for since the beginning: the story of Joshua Dorkin, CEO of BiggerPockets and host of the BiggerPockets Podcast.
Learn about Josh’s journey from real estate investing newbie to BiggerPockets founder — and all of the obstacles he had to overcome along the way. Get insider information on topics from starting your own business to property management and HOAs. And leave inspired to tackle your own hurdles and get your real estate endeavors off the ground!
For BiggerPockets fans old and new, this is an instant BiggerPockets Podcast classic you won’t want to miss. Get ready to learn more about the man behind the BiggerPockets curtains!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: YellowLetters.com. YellowLetters is a full service marketing company that helps hundreds of BiggerPockets members find more deals and make more money.
Learn more by visiting YellowLetters.com.
In This Show We Cover:
- How Josh got started in Real Estate
- The ins and outs of beginning your own business
- Thoughts on getting your real estate agent’s license
- How to get into Real Estate without any prior knowledge about it
- The importance of properly assessing a property
- What you need to know about HOAs
- Josh’s thoughts on appreciation
- Lessons regarding investing from a distance
- How BiggerPockets got its start
- Why BiggerPockets is hard on real estate gurus
- Why you should be authentic when using BiggerPockets
- The importance of building relationships online
- And MUCH more!
Links From the Show:
- Brandon Turner’s Book on Amazon
- BiggerPockets Files
- BP’s Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing
- BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts
- BiggerPockets Marketplace
- BiggerPockets Plus and Pro Accounts
- BiggerPockets Support
- Should I Get My Real Estate License? An Investor’s Examination of Benefits & Costs by Mindy Jensen (The blog post Josh referred to!)
- SNL Appearance
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
- Rework: Change The Way You Work Forever by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- The CEO Code by David Rohlander