Votes |
Looking for Value Add Property and Conversation - 1031 Exchange

Chad Acerboni
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Newport Beach, CA
Posted May 4 2023, 16:37

Hi All --

I have a multi-family property that I want to 1031 exchange. Below is my current situation and looking for seasoned RE professionals to work with who have executed successful 1031s previously. The goal of this post is really to start networking and speaking with others about possible options and create a plan to execute. 

1. Cash on hand = $500,000

- $300,000 from the equity in a 4-plex located in Boise, ID. 

- $200,000 in cash. 

2. Locations I buy in = AZ, ID, TX, GA, NC, SC ---> Open to others if the deal makes sense

3. I'm looking for a value add opportunity in the multi-family --> Open to other asset classes if the deal makes sense

* Again, looking to have conversations and network about opportunities as I'm well aware value add is a popular topic 

** Current property that I'm in is currently achieving a 30% COC. Not saying I'm looking for something similar but bringing it forward for awareness as I want the target property to have strong upside potential for this 1031

Thanks, 

Chad

User Stats

Votes
    Mack Lengel
    • Smokies / Greenville, SC
    Votes |
    • Smokies / Greenville, SC
    Replied May 5 2023, 07:14

I know @Jonathan Anderson has a couple of multi-family deals in SC, I would chat with him and see what you could do there

User Stats

Votes
    Alex Olson
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Kansas City Metro
    Votes |
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Kansas City Metro
    Replied May 5 2023, 07:40

If you would consider the Midwest, would like to talk further. There are some great cash flowing assets here that you can get for around $2mm. DM me. 

Xchange CRE - 1031 Exchange RE Brokerage Logo
    BiggerPockets logo
    Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
    |
    BiggerPockets
    PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
    Chris Davidson
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Boise, ID
    Votes |
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Boise, ID
    Replied May 6 2023, 10:58

@Chad Acerboni Pretty wide market are you looking to step up unit count, quality, or property quantity? Portfolio management is one of the biggest things to being successful, and having the assets that best fit your goals.