Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Fakaradin Floyd
Votes |
Is rental arbitrage a good idea?

Fakaradin Floyd
Posted Dec 21 2021, 18:56

Hey everyone I'm a 22-year-old that just graduated from the University of Buffalo, I graduated with a bachelor's in Computer Science, for about 2 years I've been researching and strategizing on how to become financially free as soon as possible. Through a plethora of ways, investing in stocks, developing and investing in side hustles that aren't too labor extensive, and so on.

Lucky for me, I got a job straight out of school through the power of networking, and landed a job in Reston, VA as a software engineer. I noticed the area that I'm moving to (or plan to move to) costs a bit much for buying a house, so I decided that I'll rent for my living spaces, and decided since I don't have a ton of money upfront, I will invest in rental arbitrage where I rent out a space, furnish it and Airbnb the space under some LLC.

I'm not sure if this is a great idea, and I don't really know much about real estate, but I definitely know I want to invest in this path. Any advice, information, and I would love if anyone could give me some insight on the housing market in North VA.

Thank you!

Loading replies...