New (and frankly nervous) member to BP!

New (and frankly nervous) member to BP!

Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 13 votes

To the entire BP community, hello! 
Evan here coming to you from Los Angeles California! 
total newb to the BP universe, and frankly upset that I barely became a member at the ripe ol age of 34! Better late than never I say! 
I’m just super stoked to have jumped on board and am currently trying to soak up as much as I can in preparation for my first investment!
a little scared, but that’s why I am here!

My ultimate goal is to buy and hold multi family properties, shooting for no less than a 3 plex and no more than a 4 plex to simplify the loan process, and eventually max out the amount of mortgages I can take on. 
this intro is really just to say hello, and to hopefully establish communication with others in my community! I really want to start attending group meetings because I feel there is no substitute for face to face interaction. 
hope everyone is doing well, looking forward to what the future may hold! 
take care y’all! 

7Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 88 posts · 23 votes
3y

@Evan Alfaro Good Morning from Los Angeles!

See this reply in the discussion

22 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2022 · 22 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    Warm welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!!

    You’re in the right place. Good luck to you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Southern California · Member since 2019 · 681 posts · 281 votes
    3y

    @Evan Alfaro Welcome! Feel free to reach out and I will answer any questions I can! I invest down here in So Cal currently!

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to the party! Congrats taking a step forward. Best wishes to you.

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to the party! This is not that difficult, just go buy something and get started..... :-)

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets forums!

    Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • NC · Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 22 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Evan Alfaro:

    To the entire BP community, hello! 
    Evan here coming to you from Los Angeles California! 
    total newb to the BP universe, and frankly upset that I barely became a member at the ripe ol age of 34! Better late than never I say! 
    I’m just super stoked to have jumped on board and am currently trying to soak up as much as I can in preparation for my first investment!
    a little scared, but that’s why I am here!

    My ultimate goal is to buy and hold multi family properties, shooting for no less than a 3 plex and no more than a 4 plex to simplify the loan process, and eventually max out the amount of mortgages I can take on. 
    this intro is really just to say hello, and to hopefully establish communication with others in my community! I really want to start attending group meetings because I feel there is no substitute for face to face interaction. 
    hope everyone is doing well, looking forward to what the future may hold! 
    take care y’all! 


    Congrats! I'll be sending you a dm.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 384 posts · 197 votes
    3y

    @Evan Alfaro Welcome to the BiggerPockets Community! This place will help you so much in your real estate journey. All the best to you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 88 posts · 23 votes
    3y

    @Evan Alfaro Good Morning from Los Angeles!

  • Lender · San Diego · Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 28 votes
    3y

    @Evan Alfaro to the BiggerPockets Family!! Age means nothing my man, I'm 37. the only thing that matters is that you're getting started. Stoked to see another new member from Southern California, I'm in San Diego. 

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 13 votes
    3y

    Just utilized BP to attend a group meeting this Saturday! Baby steps! 

  • NC · Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 22 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Evan Alfaro:

    Just utilized BP to attend a group meeting this Saturday! Baby steps! 


     Get there early for the networking! It's one of the best ways to learn and get used to new people and groups.

  • Melanie ThomasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · San Antonio · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP! Glad to have you here! Good luck & happy investing!

    RentWerx Property Management4.73300 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Centreville, VA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 799 votes
    3y

    Hi Evan, One of the easiest ways of scaling in real estate today is to invest in turnkey properties out of state. If you have a busy 9-5 routine but have the money to get started and don't have enough time, turnkey companies provide some of the best resources to scale your portfolio. I have used that strategy so feel free to reach out if you want to discuss.

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, Palm Springs CA · Member since 2016 · 190 posts · 65 votes
    3y

    Welcome!

  • Real Estate Agent · Ventura County · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Welcome Evan! You're going to love it!

  • Member since 2022 · 75 posts · 73 votes
    3y

    Everyone is scared on their first investment- but how many times have you thought "wow I wished I would have bought 5 years ago?" Well in 5 years you'll be glad you started now. Sometimes all you have to do is close your eyes and jump! You've got this- and this community is all here to help you find the right investment for you!

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Evan Alfaro:

    To the entire BP community, hello! 
    Evan here coming to you from Los Angeles California! 
    total newb to the BP universe, and frankly upset that I barely became a member at the ripe ol age of 34! Better late than never I say! 
    I’m just super stoked to have jumped on board and am currently trying to soak up as much as I can in preparation for my first investment!
    a little scared, but that’s why I am here!

    My ultimate goal is to buy and hold multi family properties, shooting for no less than a 3 plex and no more than a 4 plex to simplify the loan process, and eventually max out the amount of mortgages I can take on. 
    this intro is really just to say hello, and to hopefully establish communication with others in my community! I really want to start attending group meetings because I feel there is no substitute for face to face interaction. 
    hope everyone is doing well, looking forward to what the future may hold! 
    take care y’all! 


     Welcome! I would jump into some meet up groups like you mentioned, check the events page here and check the meetup.com site for local meet ups as well! You can get the knowledge, networking and deals to partner or get to the first deal by attending them. The plan would be attend some then hit the ground running, do not wait too long to dive in! 

    The McKernan Group
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP Nation, one important thing to keep in mind, the rich act in spite of fear while others allow fear to stop them.

    Network, educate yourself, learn your target market conditions inside and out, including past 12, 24, and 36 months to give you an idea of what the market did over an extended period of time which helps you better project future quarters.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Evan Alfaro:

    To the entire BP community, hello! 
    Evan here coming to you from Los Angeles California! 
    total newb to the BP universe, and frankly upset that I barely became a member at the ripe ol age of 34! Better late than never I say! 
    I’m just super stoked to have jumped on board and am currently trying to soak up as much as I can in preparation for my first investment!
    a little scared, but that’s why I am here!

    My ultimate goal is to buy and hold multi family properties, shooting for no less than a 3 plex and no more than a 4 plex to simplify the loan process, and eventually max out the amount of mortgages I can take on. 
    this intro is really just to say hello, and to hopefully establish communication with others in my community! I really want to start attending group meetings because I feel there is no substitute for face to face interaction. 
    hope everyone is doing well, looking forward to what the future may hold! 
    take care y’all! 


     Welcome aboard playa.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Action cures all

    Get on the phones today 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 333 posts · 459 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Evan Alfaro:

    To the entire BP community, hello! 
    Evan here coming to you from Los Angeles California! 
    total newb to the BP universe, and frankly upset that I barely became a member at the ripe ol age of 34! Better late than never I say! 
    I’m just super stoked to have jumped on board and am currently trying to soak up as much as I can in preparation for my first investment!
    a little scared, but that’s why I am here!

    My ultimate goal is to buy and hold multi family properties, shooting for no less than a 3 plex and no more than a 4 plex to simplify the loan process, and eventually max out the amount of mortgages I can take on. 
    this intro is really just to say hello, and to hopefully establish communication with others in my community! I really want to start attending group meetings because I feel there is no substitute for face to face interaction. 
    hope everyone is doing well, looking forward to what the future may hold! 
    take care y’all! 

    You may want to consider how I started over 20 years ago and am still doing today. I now own a nice portfolio of income producing real estate – virtually all of it purchased with cash by flipping mobile homes in mobile home parks. Why this unusual business model?

    High profit margins! Consistently between 50% and 200%. Examples: 1) $8,000 total investment, sold for $24,000. 2) $20,000 total investment, sold for $40,000. 3) $60,000 total investment, sold for $95,000. 4) $100,000 total investment, sold for $160,000.

    Most investors have no understanding of how or why this unique housing niche works the way it does. There are several unusual factors that make this possible. Mobile homes are considered personal property, not real estate. They are bought and sold quickly and easily - just like a car. Misconceptions and myths keep competition almost non-existent. The business model works the same way in 49 states (no mobiles in Hawaii).

    I’m a big fan of real estate and BiggerPockets. I’m also a big fan of having a method to accumulate nice chunks of cash, rapidly, without borrowing (especially hard money).

    May you have Great Fortune in your Endeavors!



Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.