Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Yana S Bryl
Votes |
How to find an internship

Yana S Bryl
Posted May 20 2023, 16:55

I am 18 and almost done with the process of getting my real estate license in Miami, FL. As a next step I would like to find an internship and/or shadow a realtor in my area. Any tips on how I could get this done? Would it suffice to stop by brokerages in person and simply ask if they have available space for an internship?

User Stats

Votes
Michelle Bateman
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied May 22 2023, 20:19

If you have a license there's no need of an internship, I am sure you could join a team and/or a brokerage that has a really good onboarding and educational program. 

User Stats

Votes
Mario I Fernandez
Pro Member
  • Miami Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Miami Beach, FL
Replied Jun 3 2023, 20:39

Hey Yana,

You can find tons of brokerages that can take you in but you need to look for one that provides with you are looking for. Some brokerages are more investor friendly than others so you have to decide which way you want to go.

Also, I would like to recommend the @David Greene book series for realtors SOLD, SKILL, and SCALE. They are super good starting point for new realtors and what you need to do each step of the way including how to pick a Brokerage.

Hope this helps.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes