User Stats

Votes
Jared Threat
Votes |
BiggerPockets Pro!! New User

Jared Threat
Posted May 26 2023, 13:55

Hi Everyone,

Finally signed up for BP Pro. What are some things I should dive right into to help my REI journey. Looking to Buy some BRRR deals in the Buffalo, NY market.

Thanks,

Jared

Account Closed
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 26 2023, 14:22

Hi Jared,

A good starting point is always financing. Knowing where you're at is very important, and a good way to do this is to meet with a lender and get pre-approved whenever you're ready to make a move. In the meantime, continue doing research on BP, podcasts, books, etc. Devise a plan for your BRRR- condo, single family, multifamily, etc. Then try and figure out how you'll rent it (long-term, short-term, mid-term, etc.) and who you'll market to. All of these paired together should help give you a clear idea of what YOU are looking for.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 26 2023, 14:52

Hi Jared, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is surely the best place to start networking and learning. I always recommend the book “Rich dad, Poor dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki to anyone starting out. Start listening to the BiggerPockets podcast starting at the very beginning and start growing your network, look on Facebook/BiggerPockets for different events, find a mentor doing what you want to do, and get to know the local lenders/brokers. All the best to your real estate journey!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes