is an LLC necessary?

is an LLC necessary?

Brandon MorganPro Member
Member since 2023 · 124 posts · 132 votes

hi all, I am new to real estate investing and recently bought my first property a few months ago and got it rented out! I am thinking about the future and how I will purchase properties in the future. I often hear you should get an LLC to protect yourself in case something goes wrong. is that only useful if you have a large portfolio? is that worth looking into right now as I am only in the beginning of my journey? open to any suggestions, insights or past experiences.

50Reply
4,262 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
1y

An LLC is useful for two things: anonymity and legal protection. In most cases, neither is warranted.

Warning: I am not an attorney, and this can be a complicated topic. Please note the information provided below is a layman's definition designed to provide a basic understanding for the general audience. You should consult an attorney or CPA for your specific situation.

ANONYMITY: When you create the LLC, your name is recorded on the documents and published on the Secretary of State's website for all to see. So you're not completely anonymous. If you want to be completely anonymous, you can use a Registered Agent. The Registered Agent will record the documents on your behalf so only their name and information appear on the documents. I've done this with my properties because I'm well known in my small town and don't want people to know what I own.

LEGAL PROTECTION: By placing your assets in an LLC, you are legally separating them from your personal assets. If someone injures themselves and sues, they will be suing the LLC and not you personally. If your insurance coverage isn't enough, they could seize the LLC assets, but not your personal assets.

Additional thoughts:

1. An LLC is not free. You can spend as little as $100 to form an LLC, or you could use an attorney and spend $1,000 or more. There are also additional costs of operating and maintaining an LLC, like separate bank accounts, annual report filings, tax filings, etc.

2. There are rules to follow! If you fail to follow the rules, you may open your personal assets to a lawsuit. An example of this would be mixing your personal money and LLC money in the same bank account.

3. You do not need a separate LLC for each property or a series LLC! Don't make your life more complicated than it has to be. Most professionals will recommend a separate LLC for every $1 million in assets but I don't think that's necessary. In my case, I have residential rentals in one LLC, commercial properties in another, self storage in a third, and my real estate company operates in a fourth. Some have more than $1 million in equity while others have less.

4. The need for an LLC is grossly exaggerated on BiggerPockets and other websites. Have you ever heard of a Landlord being sued by a Tenant and losing property? I've been on this board since 2010 and haven't found an example yet. You've probably heard of big Landlords losing property, but only because they were flagrantly violating Fair Housing, running a slum, or otherwise violating the law in an egregious manner. You are more likely to be struck by lightning twice. The vast majority of lawsuits against Landlords are for wrongful eviction, security deposit disputes, and Fair Housing Violations. Your primary insurance policy with $300,000 in liability coverage should be sufficient in 99.999% of all lawsuits.

5. The best protection for you and your investments? Know and obey the law. I manage around 400 rentals with 14 years of experience and have never been sued once. Even if I were sued, I document everything and obey the law, so I won't be found guilty. Even if I were found guilty, the cost would be in the thousands, not in the millions. Insurance would cover it, I would pay the deductible, and no assets would be lost.

If you are in an area like San Diego where people are more likely to sue, a judge is more likely to find you guilty, and the payout is expected to be higher, you may consider an umbrella insurance policy. This policy will provide additional coverage above what your existing policy covers. It's easy to obtain, costs very little, and doesn't require extra, on-going effort to maintain.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7247 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

64 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y

    @Brandon Morgan

    If the loan is in your name I would not put it in LLC I would just a good insurance policy.

    That’s what I would do and have done

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Brandon MorganPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2023 · 124 posts · 132 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Brandon Morgan

    If the loan is in your name I would not put it in LLC I would just a good insurance policy.

    That’s what I would do and have done


    so you're saying don't switch it over to an LLC later on? and when you say insurance do you mean insurance other than home insurance like State farm?

  • Member since 2024 · 225 posts · 86 votes
    1y

    The primary reason for forming an LLC for your portfolio is to protect yourself from liability in case of lawsuits. For this protection to be effective, it's crucial to keep your finances entirely separate from the LLC's finances. Any mixing of personal and LLC funds can compromise this liability protection, potentially making you personally liable for any claims or lawsuits.

  • Accountant · Bryn Mawr, PA · Member since 2023 · 409 posts · 321 votes
    1y

    As always it depends....   

    It sounds like you are just starting out, keep it simple over some elaborate entity scheme.   

    As everybody else stated review your basic protection with P&C and umbrella coverage and run your rentals like a business, easier said than done.   

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y

    An LLC is useful for two things: anonymity and legal protection. In most cases, neither is warranted.

    Warning: I am not an attorney, and this can be a complicated topic. Please note the information provided below is a layman's definition designed to provide a basic understanding for the general audience. You should consult an attorney or CPA for your specific situation.

    ANONYMITY: When you create the LLC, your name is recorded on the documents and published on the Secretary of State's website for all to see. So you're not completely anonymous. If you want to be completely anonymous, you can use a Registered Agent. The Registered Agent will record the documents on your behalf so only their name and information appear on the documents. I've done this with my properties because I'm well known in my small town and don't want people to know what I own.

    LEGAL PROTECTION: By placing your assets in an LLC, you are legally separating them from your personal assets. If someone injures themselves and sues, they will be suing the LLC and not you personally. If your insurance coverage isn't enough, they could seize the LLC assets, but not your personal assets.

    Additional thoughts:

    1. An LLC is not free. You can spend as little as $100 to form an LLC, or you could use an attorney and spend $1,000 or more. There are also additional costs of operating and maintaining an LLC, like separate bank accounts, annual report filings, tax filings, etc.

    2. There are rules to follow! If you fail to follow the rules, you may open your personal assets to a lawsuit. An example of this would be mixing your personal money and LLC money in the same bank account.

    3. You do not need a separate LLC for each property or a series LLC! Don't make your life more complicated than it has to be. Most professionals will recommend a separate LLC for every $1 million in assets but I don't think that's necessary. In my case, I have residential rentals in one LLC, commercial properties in another, self storage in a third, and my real estate company operates in a fourth. Some have more than $1 million in equity while others have less.

    4. The need for an LLC is grossly exaggerated on BiggerPockets and other websites. Have you ever heard of a Landlord being sued by a Tenant and losing property? I've been on this board since 2010 and haven't found an example yet. You've probably heard of big Landlords losing property, but only because they were flagrantly violating Fair Housing, running a slum, or otherwise violating the law in an egregious manner. You are more likely to be struck by lightning twice. The vast majority of lawsuits against Landlords are for wrongful eviction, security deposit disputes, and Fair Housing Violations. Your primary insurance policy with $300,000 in liability coverage should be sufficient in 99.999% of all lawsuits.

    5. The best protection for you and your investments? Know and obey the law. I manage around 400 rentals with 14 years of experience and have never been sued once. Even if I were sued, I document everything and obey the law, so I won't be found guilty. Even if I were found guilty, the cost would be in the thousands, not in the millions. Insurance would cover it, I would pay the deductible, and no assets would be lost.

    If you are in an area like San Diego where people are more likely to sue, a judge is more likely to find you guilty, and the payout is expected to be higher, you may consider an umbrella insurance policy. This policy will provide additional coverage above what your existing policy covers. It's easy to obtain, costs very little, and doesn't require extra, on-going effort to maintain.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7247 Reviews
    • Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2025 · 157 posts · 77 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

      An LLC is useful for two things: anonymity and legal protection. In most cases, neither is warranted.

      Warning: I am not an attorney, and this can be a complicated topic. Please note the information provided below is a layman's definition designed to provide a basic understanding for the general audience. You should consult an attorney or CPA for your specific situation.

      ANONYMITY: When you create the LLC, your name is recorded on the documents and published on the Secretary of State's website for all to see. So you're not completely anonymous. If you want to be completely anonymous, you can use a Registered Agent. The Registered Agent will record the documents on your behalf so only their name and information appear on the documents. I've done this with my properties because I'm well known in my small town and don't want people to know what I own.

      LEGAL PROTECTION: By placing your assets in an LLC, you are legally separating them from your personal assets. If someone injures themselves and sues, they will be suing the LLC and not you personally. If your insurance coverage isn't enough, they could seize the LLC assets, but not your personal assets.

      Additional thoughts:

      1. An LLC is not free. You can spend as little as $100 to form an LLC, or you could use an attorney and spend $1,000 or more. There are also additional costs of operating and maintaining an LLC, like separate bank accounts, annual report filings, tax filings, etc.

      2. There are rules to follow! If you fail to follow the rules, you may open your personal assets to a lawsuit. An example of this would be mixing your personal money and LLC money in the same bank account.

      3. You do not need a separate LLC for each property or a series LLC! Don't make your life more complicated than it has to be. Most professionals will recommend a separate LLC for every $1 million in assets but I don't think that's necessary. In my case, I have residential rentals in one LLC, commercial properties in another, self storage in a third, and my real estate company operates in a fourth. Some have more than $1 million in equity while others have less.

      4. The need for an LLC is grossly exaggerated on BiggerPockets and other websites. Have you ever heard of a Landlord being sued by a Tenant and losing property? I've been on this board since 2010 and haven't found an example yet. You've probably heard of big Landlords losing property, but only because they were flagrantly violating Fair Housing, running a slum, or otherwise violating the law in an egregious manner. You are more likely to be struck by lightning twice. The vast majority of lawsuits against Landlords are for wrongful eviction, security deposit disputes, and Fair Housing Violations. Your primary insurance policy with $300,000 in liability coverage should be sufficient in 99.999% of all lawsuits.

      5. The best protection for you and your investments? Know and obey the law. I manage around 400 rentals with 14 years of experience and have never been sued once. Even if I were sued, I document everything and obey the law, so I won't be found guilty. Even if I were found guilty, the cost would be in the thousands, not in the millions. Insurance would cover it, I would pay the deductible, and no assets would be lost.

      If you are in an area like San Diego where people are more likely to sue, a judge is more likely to find you guilty, and the payout is expected to be higher, you may consider an umbrella insurance policy. This policy will provide additional coverage above what your existing policy covers. It's easy to obtain, costs very little, and doesn't require extra, on-going effort to maintain.


       Well said!

    • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
      1y

      @Nathan Gesner excellent advice!!

    • Member since 2021 · 22 posts · 15 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

      An LLC is useful for two things: anonymity and legal protection. In most cases, neither is warranted.

      Warning: I am not an attorney, and this can be a complicated topic. Please note the information provided below is a layman's definition designed to provide a basic understanding for the general audience. You should consult an attorney or CPA for your specific situation.

      ANONYMITY: When you create the LLC, your name is recorded on the documents and published on the Secretary of State's website for all to see. So you're not completely anonymous. If you want to be completely anonymous, you can use a Registered Agent. The Registered Agent will record the documents on your behalf so only their name and information appear on the documents. I've done this with my properties because I'm well known in my small town and don't want people to know what I own.

      LEGAL PROTECTION: By placing your assets in an LLC, you are legally separating them from your personal assets. If someone injures themselves and sues, they will be suing the LLC and not you personally. If your insurance coverage isn't enough, they could seize the LLC assets, but not your personal assets.

      Additional thoughts:

      1. An LLC is not free. You can spend as little as $100 to form an LLC, or you could use an attorney and spend $1,000 or more. There are also additional costs of operating and maintaining an LLC, like separate bank accounts, annual report filings, tax filings, etc.

      2. There are rules to follow! If you fail to follow the rules, you may open your personal assets to a lawsuit. An example of this would be mixing your personal money and LLC money in the same bank account.

      3. You do not need a separate LLC for each property or a series LLC! Don't make your life more complicated than it has to be. Most professionals will recommend a separate LLC for every $1 million in assets but I don't think that's necessary. In my case, I have residential rentals in one LLC, commercial properties in another, self storage in a third, and my real estate company operates in a fourth. Some have more than $1 million in equity while others have less.

      4. The need for an LLC is grossly exaggerated on BiggerPockets and other websites. Have you ever heard of a Landlord being sued by a Tenant and losing property? I've been on this board since 2010 and haven't found an example yet. You've probably heard of big Landlords losing property, but only because they were flagrantly violating Fair Housing, running a slum, or otherwise violating the law in an egregious manner. You are more likely to be struck by lightning twice. The vast majority of lawsuits against Landlords are for wrongful eviction, security deposit disputes, and Fair Housing Violations. Your primary insurance policy with $300,000 in liability coverage should be sufficient in 99.999% of all lawsuits.

      5. The best protection for you and your investments? Know and obey the law. I manage around 400 rentals with 14 years of experience and have never been sued once. Even if I were sued, I document everything and obey the law, so I won't be found guilty. Even if I were found guilty, the cost would be in the thousands, not in the millions. Insurance would cover it, I would pay the deductible, and no assets would be lost.

      If you are in an area like San Diego where people are more likely to sue, a judge is more likely to find you guilty, and the payout is expected to be higher, you may consider an umbrella insurance policy. This policy will provide additional coverage above what your existing policy covers. It's easy to obtain, costs very little, and doesn't require extra, on-going effort to maintain.


       Could you give some basic examples of what to keep a record of? This will be my first year renting out half of my duplex, and besides receipts, I haven't kept any records.

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 978 votes
    1y

    @Brandon Morgan

    An LLC will not reduce your taxes. However, an LLC can be used to open a business bank account. A business bank account can be used to separate your business income and expenses from personal income. This also helps with asset protection, monthly bookkeeping and annual tax return preparation.

    Good luck. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    Congratulations Brandon! I am still looking to buy my first investment property so I don't have enough experience to answer the LLC question. However, I was talking to a DSCR loan officer about a property I was looking at and they told me that they would only lend to an entity like a LLC or corporation; they would not lend to me individually. May I ask where you bought your first property? I am in San Diego and it is too expensive here to get started, so I am looking in the Midwest. But there are so many possible places to look, it gets overwhelming. Thanks.

    • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Roland VanLoan:

      Congratulations Brandon! I am still looking to buy my first investment property so I don't have enough experience to answer the LLC question. However, I was talking to a DSCR loan officer about a property I was looking at and they told me that they would only lend to an entity like a LLC or corporation; they would not lend to me individually. May I ask where you bought your first property? I am in San Diego and it is too expensive here to get started, so I am looking in the Midwest. But there are so many possible places to look, it gets overwhelming. Thanks.


       Hi Roland, Springfield Missouri is very promising.  Please research this town. 

  • Brandon MorganPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2023 · 124 posts · 132 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

    An LLC is useful for two things: anonymity and legal protection. In most cases, neither is warranted.

    Warning: I am not an attorney, and this can be a complicated topic. Please note the information provided below is a layman's definition designed to provide a basic understanding for the general audience. You should consult an attorney or CPA for your specific situation.

    ANONYMITY: When you create the LLC, your name is recorded on the documents and published on the Secretary of State's website for all to see. So you're not completely anonymous. If you want to be completely anonymous, you can use a Registered Agent. The Registered Agent will record the documents on your behalf so only their name and information appear on the documents. I've done this with my properties because I'm well known in my small town and don't want people to know what I own.

    LEGAL PROTECTION: By placing your assets in an LLC, you are legally separating them from your personal assets. If someone injures themselves and sues, they will be suing the LLC and not you personally. If your insurance coverage isn't enough, they could seize the LLC assets, but not your personal assets.

    Additional thoughts:

    1. An LLC is not free. You can spend as little as $100 to form an LLC, or you could use an attorney and spend $1,000 or more. There are also additional costs of operating and maintaining an LLC, like separate bank accounts, annual report filings, tax filings, etc.

    2. There are rules to follow! If you fail to follow the rules, you may open your personal assets to a lawsuit. An example of this would be mixing your personal money and LLC money in the same bank account.

    3. You do not need a separate LLC for each property or a series LLC! Don't make your life more complicated than it has to be. Most professionals will recommend a separate LLC for every $1 million in assets but I don't think that's necessary. In my case, I have residential rentals in one LLC, commercial properties in another, self storage in a third, and my real estate company operates in a fourth. Some have more than $1 million in equity while others have less.

    4. The need for an LLC is grossly exaggerated on BiggerPockets and other websites. Have you ever heard of a Landlord being sued by a Tenant and losing property? I've been on this board since 2010 and haven't found an example yet. You've probably heard of big Landlords losing property, but only because they were flagrantly violating Fair Housing, running a slum, or otherwise violating the law in an egregious manner. You are more likely to be struck by lightning twice. The vast majority of lawsuits against Landlords are for wrongful eviction, security deposit disputes, and Fair Housing Violations. Your primary insurance policy with $300,000 in liability coverage should be sufficient in 99.999% of all lawsuits.

    5. The best protection for you and your investments? Know and obey the law. I manage around 400 rentals with 14 years of experience and have never been sued once. Even if I were sued, I document everything and obey the law, so I won't be found guilty. Even if I were found guilty, the cost would be in the thousands, not in the millions. Insurance would cover it, I would pay the deductible, and no assets would be lost.

    If you are in an area like San Diego where people are more likely to sue, a judge is more likely to find you guilty, and the payout is expected to be higher, you may consider an umbrella insurance policy. This policy will provide additional coverage above what your existing policy covers. It's easy to obtain, costs very little, and doesn't require extra, on-going effort to maintain.

    This was very helpful. thank you. 
  • Brandon MorganPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2023 · 124 posts · 132 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Roland VanLoan:

    Congratulations Brandon! I am still looking to buy my first investment property so I don't have enough experience to answer the LLC question. However, I was talking to a DSCR loan officer about a property I was looking at and they told me that they would only lend to an entity like a LLC or corporation; they would not lend to me individually. May I ask where you bought your first property? I am in San Diego and it is too expensive here to get started, so I am looking in the Midwest. But there are so many possible places to look, it gets overwhelming. Thanks.


     I am on the East cost. I live in jersey but bought my property in Pennsylvania because jersey and NY are extremely expensive.  

  • Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    Were you able to find a property that would cash flow?  I am originally from PA and still have family there.  Perhaps I should look there.  Thanks.

  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hey Brandon - Congrats on getting your first property rented out, that’s a big step! 

    Setting up an LLC can be helpful for liability protection (even early on) since it separates your personal assets from the business. It's not just for large portfolios, an LLC can protect you if any issues arise with tenants or the property itself. Plus, it can make things easier when scaling your portfolio down the line. It's worth looking into now to get ahead of it, but also depends on your comfort level and goals.

  • Brandon MorganPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2023 · 124 posts · 132 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Roland VanLoan:

    Were you able to find a property that would cash flow?  I am originally from PA and still have family there.  Perhaps I should look there.  Thanks.


     I found property in the Scranton area. found a decent duplex that cash flows. 

  • Lender · Clermont, FL · Member since 2020 · 168 posts · 87 votes
    1y

    Just get a good umbrella insurance policy to start. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Nampa, ID · Member since 2017 · 439 posts · 361 votes
    1y

    Congratulations on your first investment purchase! There is a lot of variability in this answer and, like all things in real estate, it simply depends. For your first investment, it may not be worth the administrative headache to have an LLC. As you buy more, that will change. I work an asset company to help me determine my risk tolerance. I have decided on a value that each LLC has before starting the next LLC and some of this depends on the location. For example, I would never have 2 properties in 2 different states in the same LLC. I recommend learning your states laws and limitations around LLC's and working with some professionals in your area to help you determine your risk tolerance

  • Ashish AcharyaBusiness Member
    CPA, CFP®, PFS · FL · Member since 2017 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    @Brandon Morgan Congrats on your first rental property! Here's a breakdown on whether an LLC might be useful at this stage:

    1. Liability Protection: An LLC provides legal separation between your personal and rental property assets, which can protect personal assets if a lawsuit arises. Talk to an attorney to access your risk. There is no tax savings from an LLC.

    2. Financing and Complexity: An LLC can make financing more challenging and expensive since banks often offer better terms on personal loans for real estate than LLC-held properties. Starting out, it’s common for new investors to own rentals personally to access better loan terms.

    You will most likely have to buy it in your personal name and move to LLC later.

    This post does not create a CPA-Client relationship. The information contained in this post is not to be relied upon. Readers should seek professional advice.

    INVESTOR FRIENDLY CPA®5241 Reviews
    TaxMD® | Tax Planning Software
  • Specialist · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 877 posts · 398 votes
    1y

    LLC's serve a few purposes. One, they provide anonymity. And two, the help if you ever come into a lawsuit. But an LLC might not be the best for you. Maybe you need a land trust. Or perhaps a series LLC could be beneficial. Either way, you are on the right path to forming protection. We all work really hard to obtain assets, and I don't about you, but structuring your investments now can pay off in the end. I'm happy to refer you to a company that helped setup mine.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 218 posts · 83 votes
    1y

    Brandon, kudos on kicking things off! Never underestimate the importance of drawing a clear line between business and personal life.

    The real investor-agent.

  • Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hi @Brandon Morgan,

    Congrats on getting your first property rented out! Huge milestone. An LLC isn't necessary when starting, in the long term, it may be worth exploring. Explore insurance options as well!

  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    No - but I'd say about 90% of my borrowers/investors utilize an LLC for what it's worth.

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Hi I am new at it too. My lawyer told me that it is better do that your own home is protected if you have a problem regarding your rental property 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Roland VanLoan:

    Congratulations Brandon! I am still looking to buy my first investment property so I don't have enough experience to answer the LLC question. However, I was talking to a DSCR loan officer about a property I was looking at and they told me that they would only lend to an entity like a LLC or corporation; they would not lend to me individually. May I ask where you bought your first property? I am in San Diego and it is too expensive here to get started, so I am looking in the Midwest. But there are so many possible places to look, it gets overwhelming. Thanks.

    Hi Roland! Just saw your reply and I wanted to know if the loan officer gave any more context. Would they lend to an LLC even if this was the LLC’s first purchase? Just curious, I am still looking to buy my first property as well. TIA!
  • Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    Hi Charlie,

    Yes, if I understand correctly, they would only lend to an LLC - not an individual - even if this is the LLC's first purchase. However, the loan would also be backed by a personal guaranty. Keep in mind that this was for a DSCR loan, not conventional financing.

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Charlie Martin:
    Quote from @Roland VanLoan:

    Congratulations Brandon! I am still looking to buy my first investment property so I don't have enough experience to answer the LLC question. However, I was talking to a DSCR loan officer about a property I was looking at and they told me that they would only lend to an entity like a LLC or corporation; they would not lend to me individually. May I ask where you bought your first property? I am in San Diego and it is too expensive here to get started, so I am looking in the Midwest. But there are so many possible places to look, it gets overwhelming. Thanks.

    Hi Roland! Just saw your reply and I wanted to know if the loan officer gave any more context. Would they lend to an LLC even if this was the LLC’s first purchase? Just curious, I am still looking to buy my first property as well. TIA!

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 16 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Zach Edelman:

    No - but I'd say about 90% of my borrowers/investors utilize an LLC for what it's worth.


    Hi Zach - curious what are the limitations with lending utilizing LLC vs my personal name?

  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor · Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State · Member since 2015 · 655 posts · 622 votes
    1y

    100% yes

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.